We must protect our house
30 replies
if we want to be in the playoffs. 3 of the last 4 games are at home. Have to win all of them. If we lose to NE on the road that's not a killer, but any loss at home will be the end of our season.
I like our chances!
We definitely need fire and aggression. Everyone, especially the OL, DL and LB's, need to bully and dominate every team that steps across the threshold. View them as unwelcome intruders and beat them down with a baseball bat.
I believe every single player on this team wants to do that and is capable of doing that, Lazor too. Phibin's lack of killer instinct still worries me though. The football field is no place to be nice.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Galant wrote:
We definitely need fire and aggression. Everyone, especially the OL, DL and LB's, need to bully and dominate every team that steps across the threshold. View them as unwelcome intruders and beat them down with a baseball bat.
I believe every single player on this team wants to do that and is capable of doing that, Lazor too. Phibin's lack of killer instinct still worries me though. The football field is no place to be nice.
No bullying lol
I owe GISH a beer for helping me throw this sig pic together...
Man Up, Beer Down!
The team really seems to get energized at home this year. That makes me more optimistic about the Bmore game especially. Really we are in a good spot, just have to take care of business!! My main concern is how banged up we are...would be nice to get some guys back this week!
Our fans will never learn it seems..
Arrive early, get in your seats before intros, stand when we're on defense, and scream..

The good news is that the game should have some energy inside because of how many raven fans will be there..
We should get our best performance, and they as well.

This is the measuring point game for the head coach and his team..if we are to feel progression in our third year, at home against this team, taking into account where they are at in their process, with what's in the line, relative to what happened in our stretch last year, we must win this game..
Both teams will be playing for their playoff lives..
All nicked up guys need to be ready to go..

Definately another "progress check" game coming up. At home against another team trying to make the playoffs. I am really excited to watch meaningfull Miami Dolphin football in December!!
Eternal Optimist. I thank God for the good things in my life. My wife, My Family, and the Miami Dolphins:up:


"djphinfan wrote:
This is the measuring point game for the head coach and his team..if we are to feel progression in our third year, at home against this team, taking into account where they are at in their process, with what's in the line, relative to what happened in our stretch last year, we must win this game..
Both teams will be playing for their playoff lives..
All nicked up guys need to be ready to go..
every week it's the same non sense from DJ.
banned
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
I think there are a decent number of scenarios where we could lose to New England AND Minnesota and still make it at 9-7.
10-6 makes us a lock.
There may be a few, but there are also very plausible scenerios where we end up 10-6 and don't make the playoffs if we lose to Baltimore.
Its funny that at 7-5, we could run the table and be the #2 seed in the AFC, or lose just once and be out. Can't remember another year like that.
"djphinfan wrote:
This is the measuring point game for the head coach and his team..if we are to feel progression in our third year, at home against this team, taking into account where they are at in their process, with what's in the line, relative to what happened in our stretch last year, we must win this game..
Both teams will be playing for their playoff lives..
All nicked up guys need to be ready to go..
Good point. If the Dolphins come out flat AGAIN, I'll scream. I get more wound up then they do.
Lord help us.
"djphinfan wrote:
Our fans will never learn it seems..
Arrive early, get in your seats before intros, stand when we're on defense, and scream..
"djphinfan wrote:
This is the measuring point game for the head coach and his team..if we are to feel progression in our third year, at home against this team, taking into account where they are at in their process, with what's in the line, relative to what happened in our stretch last year, we must win this game..
Both teams will be playing for their playoff lives..
All nicked up guys need to be ready to go..
So, is it the home crowd or the team/coach?
Baltimore tends to have our number. I'll believe more in this team if they can even squeeze out a Jets style win against them. They've outright physically dominated the Dolphins at times.........kinda like DJ vs a Cam Wake fitness magazine profile spread.
"djphinfan wrote:
Our fans will never learn it seems..
Arrive early, get in your seats before intros, stand when we're on defense, and scream..
I would be glad to follow those instructions if you pay for my ticket and travel expenses. I wish I still lived in south Florida. I hope our fans fill that stadium up! I want to see our fans dressed to look like the ocean, where Dolphins thrive!
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
There may be a few, but there are also very plausible scenerios where we end up 10-6 and don't make the playoffs if we lose to Baltimore.
Its funny that at 7-5, we could run the table and be the #2 seed in the AFC, or lose just once and be out. Can't remember another year like that.
I was wondering what seed we would be if we win out. Is that a sure thing?
I worked with the playoff generator and there are a couple ways we get the #2 seed. A few where we go 10-6 and don't make it. Wow the AFC is tight this year!!!
Eternal Optimist. I thank God for the good things in my life. My wife, My Family, and the Miami Dolphins:up:


"mullingan wrote:
I worked with the playoff generator and there are a couple ways we get the #2 seed. A few where we go 10-6 and don't make it. Wow the AFC is tight this year!!!
What are the ways we get the #2 seed? If the Pats lose next week and we win out is that one of the ways or does it depend on the other division leaders losing games as well?
"RickyNeverInhaled wrote:
What are the ways we get the #2 seed? If the Pats lose next week and we win out is that one of the ways or does it depend on the other division leaders losing games as well?
We have to win out, of course. The Pats also have to lose once more beyond that, most likely next week at San Diego. Beyond that, if Denver wins out, and the Steelers and Bengals split the two remaining, we'd be it. If the Bengals sweep the Steelers, or upset Denver, they hold the upper hand.
It gets complicated in who to root for though, because if we don't have a realistic shot at the division, then we want the Bengals to win the North for our playoff odds at the Wildcard. It'll be a lot clearer after next Sunday.
If we beat the Ravens, and two of the other three, we're likely in as a WC.
EDIT: I also ran scenerios to see if it was possible for us to get in at 9-7. It is, but it requires more than a few unrealistic upsets. I had one where San Diego, Kansas City, Baltimore, Cleveland, and Houston all end up at 8-8 and we sneak in. In that particular scenerio, the winner of the KC/PIT game in week 16 is the other WC (In this case it was Pittsburgh, but it doesn't matter for us either way).
"TooGoodForDez wrote:
every week it's the same non sense from DJ.
pease explain what you mean?

"djphinfan wrote:
pease explain what you mean?
LOL.. dj.. Your asking Dez to explain that kooky statement? I think he's been sitting in a glue chamber.. Some of the stuff these past two weeks have just been out there.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
I was listening to Jared Odrick talking before the Jets game.. And listening to him.. He sounded so monotone. I swear it was like listening to Joe Philbin. I know Philbin preaches one game at a time.. Focus.. But there never ever seems to be a sense of urgency. I think that has alot to do with why we start slow.. The team let's the other team create a sense of urgency.
I'm sorry.. It just droves me ****in ballistic that we all to often we look flat as hell. I know they wanted to win... You see how they celebrated Jones INT?
And it's not attitude really that I'm talking about. bill Bilichick has very little emotion on the sideline.. But he sure as hell doesn't translate that with his coaching. He coaches like a ruthless killer.. and look at Brady.. Why can't we get that kind of intensity?
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
"TooGoodForDez wrote:
every week it's the same non sense from DJ.
Nonsense is a single word.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"vt_dolfan wrote:
I was listening to Jared Odrick talking before the Jets game.. And listening to him.. He sounded so monotone. I swear it was like listening to Joe Philbin. I know Philbin preaches one game at a time.. Focus.. But there never ever seems to be a sense of urgency. I think that has alot to do with why we start slow.. The team let's the other team create a sense of urgency.
I'm sorry.. It just droves me ****in ballistic that we all to often we look flat as hell. I know they wanted to win... You see how they celebrated Jones INT?
And it's not attitude really that I'm talking about. bill Bilichick has very little emotion on the sideline.. But he sure as hell doesn't translate that with his coaching. He coaches like a ruthless killer.. and look at Brady.. Why can't we get that kind of intensity?
Odrick seems to be a thoughtful, even-keeled individual, so I do not think you can gauge anything from that (or any individual for that matter).
I saw plenty of energy from the team and Philbin in the post-game speech the week Phibin's father died. Plenty.
I think Philbin is just a cool customer, maybe even prudish, but I think he is certainly more engaged this year than in years past. Because he may have a different approach, it doesn't make it better or worse. Just different. IF it works for this team, I am fine with it. If it doesn't, we will certainly know by the end of the year.
One thing, he certainly does look more like a coach this year than before.
I suspect there is more behind the scenes stuff he is responsible for than we know. Whether anyone likes him or not, he is growing. If it helps Miami to the playoffs, good. If it doesn't, get someone in there who can lead this team to the playoffs.
Make no mistake, though, he is indeed 'leading' this team. I just hope it amounts to something more than a bag of nuts.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau
There isn't this so called mystical "Intensity" coming from the team, but there is a ton of pride and professionalism in all of the players, give me that as a solid base to build any team. Professional and prideful teams win the games they are suppose to win. I'll take going 10-6 and missing the playoffs, knowing we beat all the teams we were suppose to beat than go 6-10 stealing games from NE and Denver because we were intense, but losing to the Jets and Jaguars because they played flat and with zero professionalism. The culture of being professional and taking pride in your craft goes much further to building a team long term than the flash and bang of playing with intensity.
"4th down, 100 yards to go, you don't call a running play up the middle in the snow... Unless you're the Jets." -Football Guru Dr. Greg House
"Fin D wrote:
So, is it the home crowd or the team/coach?
do you mean if we lose?
