1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We get no respect... LET'S UNITE AND NOT CARE!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by msarances, May 13, 2009.

1. msarances

msarances New Member

May 13, 2009
    Maui
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T, this is what it means to me

Why are we always so overrun with our frustration from lack of respect? Without question over the past twenty years this is a team whose fans have been fraught with RESPECT frustrations. I find it difficult to find a team whose fan base feels more torn with respect insecurity than ours. Let's play for a minute the "Are We Getting Enough Respect Game" that we have grown so accustomed to playing
    ????: ThePHINS.com - Miami Dolphins Forums http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?p=709327

The mother of all Dolphan sensitivity...Dan Marino! How could a man who is so clearly the greatest quarterback of all time receive such blatant disrespect nationwide, we wonder...

Okay, so Montana has a whole bunch of rings but I mean c'mon he played with Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark and Roger Craig. Who was our Ronnie Lott????? Louis Oliver? Gene Atkins? Please!

Sure John Elway won a couple of championships to close out his career but you can't compare a healthy Terrell Davis to a healthy TERRY KIRBY! Can you?

Troy Aikman? He wasn't even the leader on his own football team. Besides, those guys had an inherent advantage in that they were clearly constantly playing with performance enhancing drugs in their system. We were drinking Gatorade on our sidelines... what were the Cowboys' stars doing???? Snorting lines of euphoria inducing cocaine! That's an unfair advantage I don't care what anyone says!!!!!

The Mark's Brothers! Yet another example where the Miami Dolphins superstars are looked at with negative eye. They never receive any of the acclaim that the three wide receivers playing for the Redskins received in the early nineties. Yet it was the Dolphins wide open passing attack that helped change the league and develop offenses which when further defined would open the door to intricate spread offenses like the ones seen in Washington and in Buffalo and even in St. Louis in the decades to come.

Yet these two explosive and game changing wide receivers are merely an afterthought when people talk about the great WR's in the game's history (although they even out my claims that other teams had cocaine advantages and we didn't, just kidding Dupe! I love the original Ocho Cinco!)

Lack of respect of The Perfect Season... Don''t even get me and Mercury started on this one.

Don Shula..... All time winningest coach and yet you wanna tell me that Bill Belicheck is a better coach? He dresses like a bum and the man is a cheater! Don Shula was in ACE VENTURA PEOPLE!!!! That's what I'm talking about!

Seriously though, who really cares where people think we are going to finish this season. Last year was the most rewarding year I have had as a Dolphins fan since the year Danny came back from the achilles injury. Last year was amazing because I knew we were for real with every week that passed and it was great proving people wrong.

Let 'em say we suck. Let 'em say we are going to finish middle of the pack. Let 'em say we aren't going to make the playoffs.

I mean if the media and the so called NFL experts don't even have the common sense to acknowledge the incredible impact and incredible talent of such great former Dolphins as Ferrell Edmunds, Aubrey Beavers, and Irving Spikes then it is obvious that we are never going get the respect we deserve.... AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON SCOTT SHUEDES TALK!

Greg Cote is getting a ton of heat from Dolphins fans for the column he wrote in the herald about the dolphins not wanting to WIN NOW. Why even acknowledge this viewpoint from someone who clearly loves to stir the pot. He is in the business of creating REACTIONS! THis is the man who once wrote an article stating that the Dolphins should trade MARINO because we now had SCOTT BLEEPING MITCHELL!Go Dolphins, Go Wildcat!

Keep the faith my friends. That is what has always bound us to our beloved aqua and orange!

2. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Care, yes. I'm proud of my team and will defend them if need be. It's usually interesting to debate the teams and their strengths/weaknesses.

Does it ruin my day? Not at all. Everyone has their opinions and are welcome to them.

3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Let's not care about outsider perception and respect?

I'm already there, dude.

dolphindebby likes this.
  4. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I respect my Dolphins , players, coaches and fellow fin fans, thats all I need to respect and I'm fine with that. The Dolphins have the misfortune of being in the same division with the "Darlings" of the NFL, the Patriots. Hopefully one day soon that will change.

dolphindebby likes this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I wasn't really upset with Cote's article. He was just stating that Parcells & Co. know this team is not a Super Bowl contender ATM. I have to agree. It would be foolish to make trades and sign certain FA's while we're a couple years away. Our previous regimes "jumped the gun" so to speak (notably Saban in 2006) and it set our franchise back a few years.

6. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Why do we have to wait? I look at what we did last year and I agree with the "Why not now" slogan.
    We've finally got a real coach and a bunch of determined players so why can't we start winning now?
    I keep saying to myself any given Sunday.

7. msarances

msarances New Member

May 13, 2009
    Maui
    HEY COTE..... You think we think we can "win now" or what?????

MY JASON'S BACK AND YOURE GONNA BE IN TROUBLE..... HEY NOW... HEY NOW... MY JASONS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more thoughts on 99 coming soon

dolphindebby likes this.
  8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I just wonder how many times we'll have to punch NE in the mouth before the media love dies down for them.

For me it's not the amount of (or lack thereof) attention we're getting and what kind it's the fact that the other teams seem to get more "legit" respect. We're seen as a gimmick offense.. even some fans think the wildcat is a gimmick. And it is not. That's our claim to fame now especially since we drafted Pat White.

I don't care really what they say about us too much. It's the fact that all the media outlets are on their knees in front of the other teams in the division.. none more than NE. Tom Brady is back, superbowl bound?

He's gonna be running away from JT on a gimp leg :lol: :lol: and he'll run right smack into... JP.

omfg omfg.

9. msarances

msarances New Member

May 13, 2009
    Maui
    I couldn't agree with you any more on the fact that people disrespect the philosophy that is the Wildcat.

I remember that when the pats in particular swapped their offensive style from run first with dillon and conservative attack to the wide open attack mode people were saying that this wasnt' going to work for them long term... then all they did was take that offense to an 18 and 0 season and a freak catch away from another title.

The wildcat is here to stay the way the shotgun remained, the way that four wide receivers has remained., and the way that motion and alignment shifting pre snap has remained.

We're lucky enough to have a coordinator who was able to implement a new evolution of offensive strategy.

djphinfan likes this.