1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We did we let go Todd Bowles?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan40, Dec 22, 2013.

1. dolfan40

dolfan40 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Germany
    If i look at the Cardinals defense we made a big mistake...Looks like we love to let good coaches go...Its gets so frustrating.

k-bayfinfan likes this.
  2. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Unless the Dolphins were going to hire him as their HC, Boles wasn't going to remain in Miami. He applied for the HC job and wasn't selected for the job. I can certainly understand why he would want to coach somewhere else and not in Miami after not being hired as the teams HC. Especially after taking over after Sparano was let go and not getting the job full time once the season was over. .

The Cardinals have excellent defensive personnel and that certainly help Boles, but I have always thought he was a very good coach. I would love to see him back with the Dolphins but unless it is as the teams HC, I don't see it happening.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  3. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't know that Bowles is better than Coyle.

gilv13 likes this.
  4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Credit to him, Dansby and Y. Bell in handing the Seahawks their first home loss in 2 years. Dansby INT sealed it.

- sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 beta -

smahtaz and ASOT like this.
  5. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    strange.....two more former dolphins unable to reach full potential under the coaching staff in Miami

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  6. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Miami coaching has been awful since 2006. Maybe even longer.

ASOT and P h i N s A N i T y like this.
  7. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Don't think the D was the problem. We're the only defense in the league that has forced a turnover in every game.

They just got exhausted at the end b/c the offense couldn't sustain a drive all game...

shula_guy likes this.
  8. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

The defense wasn't a problem? Perhaps you missed the fact that the defense gave up over 200 rushing yards to the Bills. I agree that the offense did nothing in the game, but even when they put 8 men in the box, the Bills still were able to run over them. I don't blame Coyle for this. I blame the defensive players for just not playing well yesterday.

There was simply NO EXCUSES for the poor play of the offense and the defense yesterday. They merely got beat by a better team with better talent.

ASOT likes this.
  9. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I saw the game. I also saw the defense on the field all game b/c the offense couldn't sustain a single drive...

And even then... allowing 19pts isn't a bad day. This is all on the offense...

cdz12250 and shula_guy like this.
  10. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Buffalo's defense didn't have any problems.

11. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    on the sideline when dansby took of his helmet...i wish he would have been in this shape just once in his tenure with us...man he looked slim

cuchulainn likes this.
  12. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Dansby is a DPOY candidate along with Bowman.

13. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Disagree...Dansby and Bell played well for us. It was time for them to move on...Both basically due to age/salary....remember, for those that wanted us to keep Dansby, he's making about $2+ M a year in Arizona and was scheduled to make near $9M here... Simply not worth keeping him on. Bell left in FA a year ago and also was past his prime, as he is now... A lot of FA moves are moves of cost, and these were simply two more...I have no regrets of letting either go, for the reasons that they were let go...

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Arians is the man...saw many reasons last year and the offseason to come to that conclusion, had the cards as my suprise team in the NFL..

15. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    I think Todd would have been a fine head coach, but the results would not have been much different than what Joe has achieved at this point.....and that's because Miami's problem is their talent level, not their coaching talent.

16. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    He wanted a promotion and he didn't get it here so it was in his best interest to leave.
    I love the guy and I hope he continues to impress and get better at his craft.

17. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    He's coaching on a team that doesn't have Jeff Ireland putting the talent together......not hard to do the math there.

KB21 likes this.
  18. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    How the **** does that make any sense? Was the defensive talent bad when he was here, vs Arizona in any way?

Does he get credit for failing to develop Reshad Jones, Sean Smith, and Vontae Davis like other coaches have been able to?

19. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Do we really need to rehash all of the personnel mistakes Ireland has made, I mean you have been to this board before today right? Our defense isn't actually our biggest issue, if Ireland has actually done his job and the offensive line and running game had talent we wouldn't be talking about the defense or coaching or whatever, we'd be celebrating a possible division championship and playing for homefield advantage instead of wondering what has gone wrong.

20. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    What does this have to do with Todd Bowles?

21. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    What's interesting here is that Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, and Reshad Jones are used as examples of players who "didn't develop" when Todd was their secondary coach. Since they are being used as examples of "very good players" who were apparently not properly coach, it should be pointed out that the Jeff Ireland supporters say he didn't have any say while Bill was around. So, all three of those players were Bill Parcells picks and not Jeff Ireland picks if they are right and Jeff had no control then.

22. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    I've never ever made a distinction between players Ireland and Parcells chose, and it's a pretty bankrupt argument to make under it's most favorable circumstances.

23. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    I never singled you out as a person that has done so either, but the fact of the matter is, Jeff is given a pass for the bad decisions by those that support him while Parcells was around. And now, some like you try to give him a pass by saying the players aren't being coached appropriately. It isn't a bankrupt argument to make.

24. finfansince72

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Ireland has a lot to do with the success, or lack thereof of the team and coaching staff since he's been here.

25. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I totally disagree that it was time for Dansby to move on. He is having probably his best year in the NFL this season. In fact he is playing better than Ellerbe and Wheeler combined. The problem with the FO of the Dolphins is that they think signing cheaper, younger players is a good idea. It would be if the cheaper, younger players were better than the older, more expensive players they were replacing, but that is not the case in this situation.

This past off season Ireland cut Dansby and Burnett, and Bush and Long were not signed to new contracts in free agency. In every case, younger and cheaper players were either signed or promoted to the starting positions previously occupied by these former veterans.

In each one of the cases, the younger and cheaper players have been downgrades at these positions in 2013, not the upgrades that this team needed going into this season.