1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We are favored???? Interesting story

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Furious Yellow

Furious Yellow Mixed-Up Zombie

Nov 25, 2007
    Where something is rotten
    Yup.. And the only thing that matters is the last line:
    Man, I hope we beat jests.. I think we're due!

2. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    I really want to see what Beck and Ginn can do in fair weather against a subpar defense... here's to hoping for the best! :ffic:

The Dolphins are favored by Yahoo Sports as well.

3. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Truth there.

4. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    everyone keeps saying how we will beat the jets, they suck blah blah blah...the media especially...

if i were a jets player, that would be some serious locker room material right there...that's what scares me...

5. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Until the Fins can prove that they can "win" a game, I wouldn't touch them on a W/L bet . . . I have never felt less confident about a team taking over and winning a game. We were 0-0 against Pitt, and I had no feeling that we were going to win the game . . . they need to get that back before they can win consistently

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If this is our one and only win ill be happy.

If our one and only win comes vs the pats in foxboro ill be even happier. :punk:

7. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    How would you feel if we won against the JETS, BILLS and PATS to end the season?

8. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    terrible. I hate our coach. I think our front office is average at best. If we houseclean the heck out of the front office ill be elated and we arent doing that if we win 3 of the last 5. And we blow our #1 pick status and the leverage we have from there to make multiple moves if the opporunity arrives though addmittedly its rare.

So i want to beat either the jets or pats. And finish 1-15 at this point because truly, I think we're a tail-backwards organization right now and the only way wayne will see that is if we suck badly enough he has no choice but to acknowledge it.

9. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    How can you say our front office is average? Their 1st 3 draft picks are currently holding starting positions on the team!!! Granted, CAM has made a couple of mistakes, but MOST ROOKIES, no matter the position, ALWAYS do...

10. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Youre supposed to hit with those picks bro. What about those 3rd, 4th, 5th rounders. Thats where good teams are built. they find value in those rounds. Where are ours?

Again, as I posted in the other thread Im not pinning this solely on cam, though he bears some responsibility as the coach, Im blaming it on everyone from wayne for allowing it to happen to the players for not doing something about it.

11. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

Who let you in!:shifty:

Brian Stokes to the Mets, now we will win it all.:huh:

12. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Seriously, that is the LAST thing that needs to happen.

Yes, the whole coaching staff and front office have made some mistakes, but what the ENTIRE organization needs right now is some stability! From the players to the coaching staff to the front office... the all need some time to get everyone moving in the same direction. The team is where it is right now BECAUSE of constant change.

I believe Cam has the ability to be a good head coach. He was thrown into an absolute mess. He counted on having a good defense and put his effort into building an offense. He, and the entire organization, just need some time.

There is not a single person in the world that could come in next year and *poof* just fix everything.

13. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but we will not beat the Jets.

Look at our offense. Ginn is our only remaining playmaker. We have absolutely no big play threats outside of him. Our running game will be a joke. The Jets will sell out on rushing the passer and double team Ginn the entire game. For us to beat them, it will require a perfect game from Beck. I'm talking like 30-35 350 yards 3TD 0INT. Even then I think we would still lose. Our defense will likely allow them to score 20-30 points. We will have trouble containing Washington on returns, and their sugar huddle offense will confuse our defense. In the last meeting, Green and Brown were playing extremely well and we still lost. I don't expect a blowout, but I also do not expect a win. When you can't put an offense on the field with more than one respectable threat, you re going to struggle to score. Throw in a handful of rookies, and it just looks worse. Win or lose, this will be a great scenario to measure Beck by. What we see this week could very well be a good sample of what to expect during the remaining 4 games.

Sorry to be so down on things. But we no reliable RB, TE, or WRs right now, with the exception of Ginn. Hard to believe that the Jets won't be able to shut us down.

14. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Have you seen the Jets play?

They cannot rush the ball
    There Oline stinks
    Clemmens has struggled
    They can't rush the passer
    They cannot stop the run

This is a dead even game, anything can happen.

15. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Tell that to Wannstedt and Spielman. They're a crucial reason why we aren't succeeding today. Give Cameron and Mueller time, we'll be winning in no time.

16. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I understand what you are saying. I know I would feel more comfortable if we were a small underdog.

For one thing, I see situations like this frequently when I input old scores and lines from previous seasons in my Excel workbooks. Often I'll doubletake when something doesn't make sense. Like if I'm putting in scores and a team loses a long string of games and all of a sudden they are favored I'll stop and say, "What?"

Then I'll look at the result of that game and inevitably the teams fails.

Similarly, if a team is a consistent winner but all of a sudden is a big underdog, it typically fares well.

What I don't understand is the side/total correlation. Miami is as high as -2 and the total is 38. That means the Dolphins are projected for 20 points, as in 20-18.

Sheesh. Talk about a leap of faith. Particularly for a rookie QB who hasn't managed a point. I can't imagine playing Miami and over, knowing I needed an absolute minimum of 20 points, simply to push/push.

Both QBs have pathetic sub-6 YPPA, in the 5.5 range. I really thought this total would be about 34 or 35.