1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wayne Huizenga

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by felly smarts, Jun 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    For some reason a lot of Dolphin fans are mad at our owner. I happen to think he's one of the best owners in the league.

The man has done everything in his power to bring us back to greatness. He spent tons of money on coaching staffs that just didn't pan out. If there was top talented coaches out there, he went after them. And not only go after them, but pay them top dollar to come to Miami.

The guy cried when Camarillo caught the game winner against Baltimore, which in my honest opinion, was every bit as big, if not bigger, than the David Tyree play in the SB.

I say give the man a break. At least we don't have Al Davis.

2. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    considering the under-achiening, aweful teams who have taken the field over the past 6+ years, i dont think we've been too harsh on him, nor has he come under any major public disapproval. even the media was gentle with him(with crazy statements like asking for help/suggestions from the public). my only big issue was the sale of a huge interest in the team. i just dont like that.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  3. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Wayne is getting old bro. I really don't think he did it to make the fans mad. He is a business man and he did sell to a big Dolphin fan.

4. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ

obviously. i like huizenga, and im just not thrilled with the move because of that fact. i read that Ross is an old-time fan, but i still have my fears of him selling us off in pieces in the future, be it 10 or 20 years.

my point is, wayne's like-ability is very high, and he really hasn't been put through the grinder, despite producing a loser for quite a while now.

but i guess you think he has. you're entitled to your opinion.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    My take on Wayne H is that is one heck of nice man, he truly wants the Dolphins to be a "great" Franchise not so that he can make an extra 100 million (but it wouldn't hurt his or my feelings).

My problem with Wayne H is that he is and was so utterly lacking in NFL instincts that he has led our beloved Dolphins into the ditch, nice guy and all, he has sat over the decimation of our Phins.

That happened because he merely paid money, he never demanded results, this is the same man who defended Lil Nicky's betrayal, that should point out that being nice is fine, but at the end of the day, your results are the end of the day, we have literally declined from AFC East/Super Bowl contender to a droppped pass away from 0-16....

Wayne, luv ya buddy, grow a pair.

6. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I saw an interview with Wayne over the last month or so, that he was asked the question (paraphrased) "You used to be anonymous before being the Dolphins owner, were you happer then ?" and his answer was "Yes".

I think he is just tired of the whole deal. It hasn't been fun like he thought it would be, but hard work, and that hard work has yet to pay off.

And by the way, he'll be making much more than $ 100 million in profits on his intial investment, so I don't feel sorry for him. He bought the team and stadium for just under $ 200 million in 1992 or 1993, and just sold half the stadium & team to Mr Ross for $ 900 million. Even taking into account his "facelift" money of $ 250 million for the stadium, he is making off like a bandit, on his investment.

padre31 likes this.
  7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Big money moves a bit differently PMZQ, that 700 million dollar profit on 200 milion for 15 years is a modest return...

250 million dollar face lift, keep in mind he will not draw any income on that investment, Wayne H is basically "donating" or throwing in that 250 million dollars as it will not draw any income, Ross is pretty much using Wayne H's money (250 million bucks, even at 5 percent is no small thing) as that has already been added into the purchase price (900 million) so Ross is paying 650 million bucks for a new stadium and one of the NFL's top ten merchandise franchises.

INOW, if Wayne H had dumped that 250 million into a equity fund he would draw millions every month...

siciliansith likes this.
  8. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Given his allegiance to the Florida Marlins, and how he handled UM at the Orange Bowl, I don't really care for him. He lined enough pockets in town to make sure The Orange Bowl wouldn't be repaired, and we'd have no choice but to play at Pro Player. That way, he can collect a hefty sum of rent every season. I'm not sure how he feels about his Miami Dolphins, except that he likes to make sure he's smiling on camera and showing his love for the team at the same time. I don't know, Dan Marino loves the guy, but I'm very skeptical as to what his intentions are.:shifty:

9. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    IMO its better to have a hands off owner than a meddlesome one like Davis or Shneider.

Having said that he has relied on the wrong people to give him advice on who to hire as a coach.

He is surrounded by execs who are business oriented, not football saavy types.

IMO he realized that when he tried to hire Dan Marino but he was not succesful in
    bringing in someone of Parcells stature until now.

10. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Actually you can more than double that. He sold half the stadium and half the team. That $ 700 million and has equity of another $ 900 million he still holds.

Maybe he could have made more investing, but I still say he did quite well. :up: I'm not gonna cry for him :wink2:

11. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    As long as Los Angeles doesn't have a team I am nervous about what can happen in the future. :sad:

padre31 likes this.
  12. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Yeah, Eddie Jones was not the right man to have in there all these years.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The thing of it is CT, BOTH the Raiders and Redskins have been far more successful then the Dolphins have been in terms of play offs and super bowl appearances over the last 15 years..

INOW, Davis and Schneider have gotten results at least....

PMZQ likes this.
  14. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    That is very hard to stomach, but its the truth :no: