1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watched 1972 Super Bowl over weekend.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolphin25, Jun 27, 2022.

1. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Watched the entire game on Utube over the weekend. Not sure I had actually ever seen it, I was 8 at the time.

It was fun watching the legends play and knowing how they would turn out in their careers. The OL seemed slim and trim and I found it interesting they would run to the line of scrimmage before a play. It was also interesting how the defense played so far off the WR's. Often you could not see the DB on the screen. Of course the way games are broadcast are much different, but they would be 10 yards off at time.

Redskins could not run the ball, but Miami had 7 and 8 man fronts much of the time. Redskins did not adjust till after halftime.

Not sure I knew that Griese threw an INT in the end zone during the game. 15 yards for holding was pretty brutal, no wonder Shula was strict on controlling penalties.

Morris tried to pop a couple runs outside when he had some nice blocks he could have cut in behind for nice gain.

Fernanadez, DenHerder were beasts, they would just throw the OL out of the way. Scott was a beast too. Scott playing with a separated shoulder and returning punts. I think his first INT may have been reversed today.