1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch the Round Table Discussion

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RoninFin4, Jan 8, 2011.

1. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  2. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I'm 10 minutes in and thought Sparano might pop a vein at least 3 times. Ireland looks like he chewed all the skin off the inside of his lower lip and Ross looks about as comfortable as a cat crapping razor blades.

While many might disagree I think Tony is a competent coach. Not great, not bad, but good with upside. I'm sure his ego & pride are bruised and that might not be the worst thing. I hate that feeling and have always used it to motivate me to give an F-U to everyone who didn't believe and prove them wrong. With the right QB (look what he did with Pennington), some much needed speed on O, and a more aggressive offensive philosophy they can get right back in the mix. I think he is going to be fair with his players but expect that he is going to be tougher than before (as in here's the short rope).

Since my wife, the kids & dog won't listen to it I figured I'd type it out of my brain.

MikeHoncho and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  3. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    He has to bring it, along with upgrades at some of the coaching positions as well. We need to get aggressive.

4. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Well was that uncomfortable or what ? To me, the body language tells the whole story. Sparano if he didn't look down, was looking straight forward. That is the sourest look on the face of a coach that just got more power & 2 more years on his contract. He never once cracked a smile, or a hint of it. Ireland the same, never once looks Tony's way.

The whole thing was just awkward, and I believe ultimately an untenable situation. One of them will be gone before next season. If Tony gets offered the UConn job, I think he jumps ship immediately. That is a front office ready to explode against each other. Hopefully it doesn't turn into 2 men playing power politics with each other, and it ends up hurting the team.

So sad to see our organization fall to this level. :pity: :pity: :pity:

5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Oh and a big **** YOU Wayne H. too. Yes you never won anything with us but at least you had enough class to not drag the Dolphins name brand through the mud. The Dolphins name was everything to you. We might not have won a lot be we were a respected organization.

So why the hell did you sell the team to this Ross Bozo ?

6. GreysonWinfield

Nov 1, 2009
    They don't have to get along to succeed. But if there is animosity then there will be changes regardless of the success.

7. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Greyson did you watch the video ? You see what I mean, right ?

8. GreysonWinfield

Nov 1, 2009
    Absolutely. I've worked with people that I couldn't stand on a personal level because of how they treated me in the business. I never let that affect the fact that I respected their business knowledge. I used them for what I needed and our business did well but I eventually moved on. Can Sparano put those feelings aside and succeed as an F-U to Ireland and Ross? If he can then great but he won't stick around once the right offer comes. But 1st he has to prove he can win, I think he'll shelf the anger and use it to coach a better team (at least I hope so). If not they are f'd next year.

DolfanJake likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I feel alot better moving forward...so many lies..

I think Ross is just fine for our owner.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  10. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I cant figure out what 'better offer' you could be thinking of. Sparano isnt going to quit Miami to go to the college ranks. He also isnt going anywhere else in the NFL unless he is fired from here first. He just signed a 2 year extension so he will be here 3 more years, unless Ross and Ireland decide otherwise. If he was so miffed..........he wouldnt have signed the new contract.

11. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I can't fault Ross for wanting to improve the team, that's is prerogative, as it well should be. I do fault him for bumbling around idiotically for a week; I fault him for bringing back Tony Sparano on the grounds of "consistency"; I fault him for not learning how business in the NFL is conducted - he was co-owner with H. Wayne Huizenga for part of the time in 2008, one would think he could've asked for some pointers.

When all is said and done with this fiasco, which may be a ways off, the only one I feel decently about is Jeff Ireland. Yes, he may ask some zingers in player interviews, but after hearing this and reading Barry Jackson's article, I feel good about him. I can get behind Ross wanting to improve the team (though I can assure you that if I had the money for season tickets or had season tickets, I wouldn't have them for 2011 and maybe just as long as Tony Sparano is in charge...unless he starts winning home games, big games, and playoff games.

I feel that Sparano isn't the best answer, though he's better than some of the other answers out there - but the whole thing just looks bad if you're meeting with Harbaugh, claiming you never made him an offer, and then he signs with another organization for less than what you were reportedly offering - that just looks bad from all ends. I think Ross learned BIG TIME, but it's going to be a while before all of the egg comes off everyone's faces.

I wish I could say I felt sorry for Sparano, but he didn't change a lot of things - players, coaches, philosophies, etc. and lost the team down the stretch, again. I just don't foresee good things ahead under Sparano's guidance.

DolfanJake likes this.
  12. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I'm with you, I want to be optimistic, but too many signs point to this imploding all over itself.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    sometimes I forgive based on intentions, and, what the man inherited in the front office, and, the fact that those were not his guy's, and, the miserable home performance by said men...Its enough for me to give the guy a break.

I like the way Coach is handling his business..

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  14. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think Ross definitely learned a big lesson, and I can respect his ability to let the football people hand football matters. I'll give Sparano credit for handling this situation with class. A LOT of class. But this situation could have and should have been avoided, either by Ross letting him know what was happening or by letting go of Sparano after that New England disaster. I think the latter would've been the right move and not too many people would have questioned it. I get the sinking feeling we kept Sparano just for the sake that Ross thinks the consistency that franchises like the Indy's, New Englands, Giants, and Steelers have exhibited, the difference being that I'd take any of their coaches over Tony Sparano...

15. GreysonWinfield

Nov 1, 2009
    I'm not talking about next year but when his contract expires or he is released. He absolutley would have signed the contract because
    1) What other NFL team was offering him a HC position? They don't just fall in your lap.
    2) He proves his detractors wrong and he writes his own ticket.
    3) He fails he take a position coach position in the NFL or possibly a HC position in college.

He held all the cards in the end, got his money has the least to lose and the most to gain

16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    its defnitely a great challenge..we'll see if Sparano has the skillset to overcome, and deal with a tremendous amount of pressure, we should know early. There is a rallying angle there.

17. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I think Ross is a good owner. I think he is green, but his want to win is evident.

I think Sparano is a very good coach. I also think Ireland knows how to find good to great talent.

All in all, and especially after this season and the last week, I'm glad to see these three guys leading the way for the Dolphins.

18. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Same thing could be said for Dan Snyder. 10 years + and we see how that's turned out. I'm still scared of this guy and what will happen to the Dolphins.

19. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    [​IMG]

flynryan151 and DolfanJake like this.
  20. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

flynryan151 and MonstBlitz like this.
  21. Memphis_Alum

Memphis_Alum New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    My thoughts on the entire situation.

1. Ross knows little about football, wanted to make headlines with coaching search. Was concerned more about perception and season ticket sales than what may be best for the team (at least in this situation).
    2. Ross does not want Sparano. Stated he no input on bringing him in.
    3. Ireland is/was worried about his job. When it was clear the only way to land a Cowher/Gruden was to fire Ireland, Ireland sold Ross on keeping Sparano.
    4. Sparano's contract extension mean absolutely nothing. He will not make it through 1/2 of next season if they repeat this season - suspect Nolan may be HC soon.
    5. Ross & Ireland really put Sparano in a difficult situation to be a "company man" in public, but damaged his reputation with players, fans, possible F/A.

22. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Trying to figure out what this reminded me of.

I got it.

You remember the deposition with Demi Moore and Michael Douglas in the movie "Disclosure". Except that in this case...the audience is who got raped.