1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washington Redtails?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jt0323, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Yaaaaawn

2. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
  3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Sign board last week outside a Sonic restaurant in Kansas City. Of course our native American citizens should not be bothered by this. :sad:
    [​IMG]

Stringer Bell, MikeHoncho and Fin D like this.
  4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

12 years ago, this cartoon was made.......

[​IMG]

Link to article

5. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    If its true that only 10% of native americans find Redskins offensive, that means 90% of native americans really don't care one way or another yet end up at some point having to deal with "hey look!! There goes one of those who are offended by an NFL team mascot!!" ....I feel more sorry for those guys. Sucks to have others think something untrue about you, especially because of your skin color.....

6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    would have been really outrageous if the native american showed up in whiteface.

CaribPhin and Fin D like this.
  7. MrClean

The NFL may say officially that “Redskins” “is not a slur,” but 1968 bronze medalist and medal-stand protester John Carlos, a man who has had more than a few invectives tossed his way over the years, disagrees.

Color me utterly unsurprised that Dr. Carlos called on Dan Snyder to change Washington’s football team name.

Speaking to Mike Wise of The Washington Post, Carlos said:

For tribes or reservations to say they’re uncomfortable with you using that name, and then have players say they are just as uncomfortable, and the owner stands there, saying he’ll never change the name? How do you get away with that?…. To this day, there has been no real negotiation or real listening and understanding that I know of.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/180126/john-carlos-calls-washington-football-team-name-what-it-slur

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I love the name Washington Warriors.

You could start chants to the opponent in haunting fashion..

"WARRIORSSSSSSS COME OUT AND PLAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Dol-Fan Dupree and MrClean like this.
  9. MrClean

As I recall, the first time it was mentioned seriously in the past 20 years or so, about the Skins changing their name, Warriors was first suggested new name.

Actually, in the movie, Luther's chant was "Warriorsssss, come out TO plaaaaay"

djphinfan likes this.
  10. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    And it was improvised.

MrClean and Silverphin like this.
  11. MrClean

And it's one of the most memorable scenes in the movie. To think of all those young actors who played the Warriors, only James Remar, Ajax, really had a prolific career after that.

Silverphin and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  12. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    [​IMG]

13. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Every time I see this picture it is more magical than the last. Good ****ing lord.

Colorado Dolfan and Fin D like this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I keep hearin there us remake in the mix, except I heard it years ago..

15. MrClean

There are still rumors about a remake, but until IMDB.com lists it as in pre-production I will be skeptical.

[​IMG]

16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Who would you cast in the remake?

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I dunno, but I'd hope and pray Tarantino wrote and directed it.

18. MrClean

I. Do. NOT. Want. A. Remake!

19. MrClean

Who would you pray to?

20. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    for the warriors? **** no.

21. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Flying Spaghetti Monster. Duh.

He was built to remake The Warriors. There's never been a property more in his wheelhouse.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  22. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Yes.

Hell, yes.

Fin D likes this.
  23. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    except, any other movie on earth.

24. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Um yeah, Tarantino has no business with a movie that is in an alternate reality, with lots of violence, snappy dialogue, and a 70's feel.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  25. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    [video=youtube_share;mR-tbOxlhvE]http://youtu.be/mR-tbOxlhvE[/video]
    Here's the full version of the NCAI's ad they ran during the NBA Finals.

gunn34, Fin D and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  26. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Pretty powerful no matter which side you're on.

Fin D likes this.
  27. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    tarantino does so usually satirically. Neither the book nor the original were satirical or as a homage. I'm not sure where you see him going with that for the Warriors. Tarantino is much more than just violence and snappy dialogue.

28. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I never read the book, so I won't comment on that, but The Warriors movie was every bit as satirical as Inglorious Basterds, Django & The Kill Bills.

29. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    satirical? No it wasn't.

30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    My favorite script by Tarantino was True romance, freakin love that flick, violent, love story, great acting, bad ***..

MrClean likes this.
  31. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Amazing to me an owner, someone with intellect, doesn't get it when it comes to his teams name, another idiot who suprised me with his ignorance, or stupidity, or whatever you wanna call it, joe Gibbs, he literally said, " we fought as redskins, we won championships as redskins, our history is steeped in redskin tradition, I don't see anything wrong with the name.

Lol, if that isn't the blindest batsh&$ dumass crap I've ever heard..

Your disrespecting a large race of people you freaking idiots, change the stupid name..

I swear I hope people this insensitive, this dumb, get their dose of karma right back in their face, and their pockets.

32. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The really stupid thing about it, is that many are saying its just a name and the Native Americans need to get over it, buuuuuuuuuut then say the Redskins name gives them pride and tradition and is too important to change.

In other words, its not important enough to change because its too important to change. Its effing stupid.

On top of that, the argument is that it would basically be wrong to do that to handful of football fans but its perfectly fine to insult the entire native American population.

djphinfan likes this.
  33. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [video=youtube;mx9pXSaAAps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx9pXSaAAps[/video]
    Was this posted already?

34. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    America has been insulting the Native Americans ever since they first stepped off a boat. What makes anyone tink these people will do the right thing now? The only way it happens is by hurting their pocket. You would need the stadium to be empty a game or two to make the change happen fast.

The players of the Clippers said, if Sterling was kept as the owner, they would not play there. Sitting out would effect the money and a change was made. I fear it will take the same thing for Snyder to do something. Hopefully, the team AND fans do something.

djphinfan likes this.
  35. MrClean

QT was an unknown when he submitted two scripts to the studios. They liked both, but did not feel comfortable with him directing both. So they gave him the choice of directing either Reservoir Dogs or True Romance. He chose the former while the late Tony Scott was hired to direct the latter.

True Romance is probably my 2nd favorite of all the movies written and/or directed by QT. My favorite is Inglourious Basterds. I agree with your sentiments about True Romance.

I really don't see QT directing a remake of anyone else's movie. He's not done that before. All his stuff is pretty original other than paying homage to a genre. That is the closest he comes to remaking anything. Some people incorrectly assume however that Inglourious Basterds is a remake because there was an obscure movie from the 70s named The Inglorious Bastards.

djphinfan likes this.
  36. MrClean

37. MrClean

As for whether or not the movie The Warriors would fall under the genre of "satire", I do not agree that it would. Neither does IMDB.com.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/

As for any QT movies being considered of the "satire" genre...IMO none that he directed are of that genre. Again, IMDB.com does not consider any movies he directed to be satire either.

Here is a list of all the movies that IMDB.com considers "Satire," "Social Satire," or "Political Satire" :

http://www.phi-phenomenon.org/misc/satire1.htm

The only one associated with QT that I can see on that list is Natural Born Killers, which he wrote.

While I suppose anyone is free to consider any movie as being a satire if they like, when it comes to The Warriors, or QT directed movies, it sure is not the opinion of what is probably the best movie information and reference website that they are.

Edit: After looking through this link on IMDB.com , http://www.imdb.com/keyword/satire/?title_type=feature ,
    I found also True Romance, which QT wrote, on the more extensive list than the one on the above link.

38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    that movie makes you wanna fall in love with a cute hooker, defend her honor, kill her pimp, steal some money,and go on a road trip across the country to start a new life..

"Your so cool, your so cool"

39. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Another great argument I see being tossed around is, "None of the Native Americans had any problem with the name until the PC police came around and told them they had a problem."

40. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Generally speaking, when people use the term, "PC" I write off their opinions as stupid.

Disgustipate and Stringer Bell like this.