1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washington Redtails?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jt0323, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Being a biggot??

Or simply calling out the UPSTANDING citizens who are pretending to fight tooth and nail for a culture they likely don't give 2shnits about.

Dark Knight provided some info on the facts of the situation and how the name was infact NOT intended to be racist. What's funny is you guys really believe this old rich guy sat around laughing saying "HAHAHAHAHA I'm going to name my football team something I feel is derogatory to other people!!! Yeah...that would be cool!"

Get a clue you right wing cheating on your wives, taxes SOB's. look at what some of you are doing, your blindly accusing someone of being dishonorable when I bet 10 times out of 10 you guys have done worse.

I just put a banana in front of your high horse.

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Yes, you're being a bigot.

You keep trying to use this ******ed argument as proof of something. It proves nothing other than your own ignorance. The level with which some people disagree with something has no bearing on that something being right or wrong.

DK did not provide facts. George Preston Marshall was a notorious racist. Shocking you haven't done your research. For example:
    This is tough...for me. Now I have to figure out if you're THAT stupid to claim we're right wingers or if you're trolling THAT hard.

I'm gonna go with stupid. See, I think you are trolling, but you think there's a certain nobility in your trolling because you think we aren't without sin and we're casting stones....and that makes you stupid. The reason it makes you stupid is because we aren't casting stones. We are saying X is wrong and X should be changed. There's nothing wrong with that or hypocritical with that. For example, you think we're wrong and we should change, yet you're as much of a sinner as the rest of us. Following your own stupid logic, you're being hypocrite.

MrClean likes this.
  3. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I'm sure that a lot of people who say to me ... "Slow down, you're going to get a speeding ticket in that thing!" feel like they're being supportive and collegial with me, when they're actually being asshats.

MrClean, Pagan, smahtaz and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Around the same time, Andrew Dice clay did a bit on HBO on how he didn't like or trust Asian people because you could blindfold them with dental floss and were the color of his urine. Different, dumber times.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Different times? Yes. Dumber?? Depends on who you ask.

Some people have the ability to not let someone else's words interrupt their lives, and others? Well...I DO pity them, just for other reasons.

6. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Find me one rational person who doesn't think so about the 80s.

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    People who has such ability don't post on message boards about other people's words.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I guarantee your sorry *** has been bothered by other people's words. Hell, we've seen you get pissy on these boards. You're full of ****.

9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    It is obvious that he pity's himself.

Fin D likes this.
  10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    don't think you know what the word brilliant means.

Stringer Bell and Fin D like this.
  11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Because most people aren't phonies, if something is funny they laugh.

Guarantee most of these self righteous douches would stand on a sidewalk if they ever witnessed some REAL racism. But hey, it's a message board....where you can pretend to be whoever you want.

12. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Just curious. What would you think if the government came into your neighborhood and evicted everyone on the spot at gun point? Now consider what they endured was much worse than that.

There are enough Native Americans making a stink about this issue that there is a bill on the hill to revoke any copyright/trademark containing the word.

If they're offended, that's good enough for me.

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    You are right.

My point is nothing I say or Aqua says regarding injuns has zero bearing on their lives. What it does do is rev up the engine on a few people here, wich ironically is also humerous.

14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Once again, your talking straight from your ***. No one is impressed with your bull **** trolling.

1. You, like a jackass, keep thinking there's no difference between a racist name for a team and a joke told between friends.
    2. You, like a punk, keep thinking your a tough guy on the internet.
    3. You, like an idiot, keep thinking you know what people have and have not done. I promise you, you don't know the first goddamn thing about what I've been through. I promise you don't the first goddamn thing about what I've literally bled over. I promise you don't know the first goddamn thing about what I've literally made others bleed over.

And I promise you one last thing, I guaran-goddamn-tee you don't the first effing thing about standing up for something you believe in.

15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Your so emotionally involved its comical....please continue. And you basically described yourself in #'s 1-2-3.

And standing up for what you believe in to a guy on a message board?? Honorable.

Instead of wasting your time with me DO SOMETHING to help this cause you so deeply believe in, because this??? Is doing nothing but getting your blood pressure up. :up:

jdang307 likes this.
  16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    So I'm clear, nobody can disagree with your stupid bigoted bull **** unless they're willing to protest? Right, of course, makes perfect sense.

Again, what I'm doing today at this given moment isn't the sum total of all that I've done. If you had a brain, you'd realize what I'm saying.

I'm guessing you were fine that 9-11 happened. I mean you didn't join the military or go to NY help with the clean-up so following your ******ed logic, since you did nothing, 9-11 didn't really matter to you.

17. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    racist humor is pretty hard to do well. Just making fun of one race isn't all that "brilliant" nor intelligent. But, by all means continue your own game of pretend, by pretending to not care while you spend hours arguing. haha See, now that's funny.

Fin D likes this.
  18. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Again, your so emotionally involved that your just yapping to yap.

You sir are a jackass.

Infact I'm done with this thread, one of us is taking it serious and one of us thinks its funny. I'd love to continue antagonizing you because your really easy to piss off, but the reality is this is bothering you way too much and my entertainment (thats you) isn't worth your rage. I don't want you too have a stroke.

See u in an Ireland thread numnuts.

JOHN_M likes this.
  19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Go mow a lawn. :tongue2:

20. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Like I said, you're POS troll.

21. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    see. You think brilliant. And you're absolutely wrong. I rest my case.

Fin D likes this.
  22. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Me.

First of all, you can't lump comedy in with this. Calling a sports team a derogatory name is one thing. Telling jokes is another. Ever watch those celebrity roasts? Kat Williams said Flava Flav looked like a skeleton wrapped in electrical tape. Jewish jokes abound. The 60's and 70's had people like Don Rickles. Once you start trying to make comedy politically correct you might as well stop having comedy. If Chris Rock can yell "cracka-*** MF" a dozen times in a segment of his comedy, Dice can say you can blindfold Asians with dental floss. It's COMEDY. If you can't laugh at yourself, you need to not be a douche and laugh at anything else. (I don't mean you personally)

As Redd Foxx once said to a Mexican couple who got insulted when he told a Mexican joke, "Just think back to the last time you were laughing at those n****r jokes and smile."

And as for it being limited to the 80's? Bobby Slayton and Lisa Lampanelli anyone?

finyank13 likes this.
  23. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I agree with this, accept classifying something as a joke isn't all there is and it doesn't give these things a free pass inherently. (I'm not implying you said the opposite or anything)

If you listen to a comedy routine or are with your buddies, there's an understanding of what is and isn't acceptable, based on that environment and in that case anything goes based on that environment's accepted rules. If you are watching a roast and get offended, then that's your fault. Coming on to a forum that is not about that and dropping racist jokes is not ok, because that is not that particular environment's accepted rules. Because of that's not the accepted rules, when someone does it anyway, you have to question their motives. The questioning leaves on a small handful of possible motives:

1. ignorance
    2. genuinely racist
    3. troll
    4. arrogance in thinking the rules don't apply to them

Pagan likes this.
  24. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Agreed, but I wasn't talking about things being said in a forum. I was responding to him saying Dice's jokes about Asians were the result of the 80's being "different, dumber times." It's DICE. You know what to expect, and his routine had nothing to do with the 80's being "dumber." Lampanelli is FAR more offensive than Dice ever was.

finyank13 likes this.
  25. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I know, but considering the bucket of shrimp level of stupidity going on in this thread, I figured I'd expound before it got extra stupid.

Pagan likes this.
  26. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    LL doing anecdotes about her black boyfriends are different. Flava flav personally, not his race generally is different. Rick James calling the Murphy brothers "darkness" is different.

There's a difference between that and generally saying "these people are the color of my urine...OH!" Comics don't do things like this anymore, including dice.

That being said, I should not have overlooked you my brother, as a defender of the 80s.

27. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    The Amazing Racist does.

28. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    "They can make a movie called "White Men Can't Jump" but I can't make a movie called "Black Men Can't Shut The **** Up in a Movie Theater"? I know my black brothers will agree with me. There's got to be some of you out there, smile so I can see you." ~ Bobby Slayton

[video=youtube;st49UflCFQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st49UflCFQc[/video]

The defense rests.

29. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Is this a real person? I wonder what his angle is?

30. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Ari Shaffir

Pagan likes this.
  31. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    That is bad. I guess because she sleeps with them, she justifies it.
    [video=youtube;5Htf_F6Nmtg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Htf_F6Nmtg[/video]
    @33 minutes. I think its the ranting nature that makes this seem worse. Not to mention that cro-magnon thing he always had going on.

Regardless, I am ill-prepared to argue against your defense of the 80s.

Fin-Omenal and Pagan like this.
  32. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    For the record, I never liked Dice.

And look up some more LL. What she does to Asians and Gays makes Dice seem like Carol Burnett. LOL

33. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    What's wrong with the name "Redskins"? Maybe congress should try to help the country for a change instead of trying to worry about a sports team. The gov has failed this country so bad.
    Maybe Barrack should change the name of the "Blackhawks" too!

dolphindebby likes this.
  34. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I agree, but even IF at one time the word 'redskins' was non racist, it would not matter, because it is racist now, and words change. You can find reading books for grade schools, from the old days, where black kids are referred to as pickaninnies. These would be books from the early 20th century. Now, one could say it wasn't meant as a racist term, just like those saying Marshall did not consider Redskins as a racist word when he renamed his team, but it does not matter. Nowadays, pickaninny is a racist term and you won't find it in any grade school reading book, and Redskins is and always has been a racist term and has no place as the nickname for an organized sports team.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  35. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    A blackhawk is a bird. Hello? How in hell does that compare with "redskins"?

36. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Actually, Black Hawk was a Sauk chief who played an important historic role in Illinois. Which explains why Blackhawks isn't derogatory.

smahtaz, Pagan and MrClean like this.
  37. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Hello, Barrack is black.
    Maybe he's Muslim???

38. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Dude really? When was the word "blackhawk" ever used in a derogatory way?

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  39. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    As with virtually anything The Dark Knight posts, there's a tremendous amount of violence here being done to concepts of history and language.

William Henry Dietz wasn't an Indian. He impersonated one, and may have stolen a deceased man's identity. He apparently spent time in jail for fraudulently claiming to be Indian to gain benefits. He would also dress up as an Indian, as would players for promotional purposes, which really suggests an air of respect.

George Preston Marshall is also quite well known for being a racist. He refused to sign or draft African American players until 15 years after the NFL was integrated, and essentially required the Federal government to force him to do so, and even then the player they selected refused to play for Marshall and ended up traded.

Not only that, but you badly mangle the etymology, and general understanding of the English language. You fundamentally do not seem to understand the difference between the connotation and denotation of words, or the meaning of words changing over time. That is a fundamental element of a living language, and to suggest that anyone who uses, recognizes, or understands a word being used outside of its original context as ignorant is more than a little bit ironic.

While the term "Redskin" was not originally a slur, it has become a racial slur. Literally every single dictionary you go to denotes it as such. Not only that, but you've fudged more than a little the time frame where this became the case. The term "Red Skin" was a slur by the time it was adopted by the football team. George Preston Marshall would almost certainly have known it to be a slur. What changed wasn't what the word is taken to mean, what changed is the countries tolerance towards casual racism.

unifiedtheory, smahtaz and MrClean like this.
  40. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Dude, the joke went over your head, forget about it.