1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was Reggie Bush taken out INTENTIONALLY by the Jets?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Florio is claiming that the Jets were gunning for Bush and spoke about taking him out all week.
    These bastards got EXACTLY what they deserved when Revis slipped on an invisible banana. Hopefully Sanchez will get knocked out next. I hate the Jets more than ever now. All around craptastic organization from the fans up to the coaches.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-of-bush-isnt-much-different-than-bountygate/
    I said it the second I saw the lowlife Jet defender get up and clap after stopping Reggie after a 4 yard gain with 30 seconds left and the clock ticking down. I have NEVER seen a defender clap after making a tackle on what is essentially a throwaway play to end the half.

I hope we remember this when we go back to the Meadowlands to play these lowlifes. Not only did they injure him, but in all probability they stole this game which should have been easily won with a healthy Bush.

HULKFish, Bpk, Fin D and 2 others like this.
  2. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    Actually that "invisible banana" was Mike Pouncey going low to cut block Revis, which made Revis have to stop on a dime.

3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Sounds fair. They take out our best offensive player for a half, we take out the best corner in football for the season. Let it be a lesson, you reap what you sow.

#CouldntHappenToAScummierTeam

muscle979, Idahophin, Pagan and 10 others like this.
  4. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    This game was basically stolen from us. I'm even more pissed now.. I knew something was fishy when you could see Reggie grabbing his knee and the Jet defender jumping up and clapping like he accomplished something. I wish I had the video. Someone needs to post this video here and send it to the league office. This is a big pile of crap if the Jets are allowed to go after someone, brag about it, clap about it on TV and get no punishment, especially during a divisional game that could either take us out of the playoff picture late in the season or allow the Jets to advance. Crock of sh*t if you ask me.

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    There was nothing fishy about that play and all defensive players want to take out the offensive player.

cdz12250, GMJohnson and Stitches like this.
  6. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    So what the Saints did was perfectly fine, except for the fact that they had money on the table?

Again, the Jets spoke about taking him out, they take him out when he is in a pile of players and that is OK?

Maybe I'm overreacting but there is something to this. And I wouldn't be surprised if Rex himself is involved.

7. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Intentionally or not, wishing an injury open somebody else is wrong - period. Believe me when I say that I hate the jets with a passion, one of the few things in life that really irks me is the New York Jets. However wishing an injury upon Sanchez? That's wrong. What happened to Revis could be chalked up to Karma. However, I repeat wishing an injury to another human being is stepping on their level. Let's be the bigger fans here. Karma will take care of them.
    ...plus let's be honest, through 3 quarters Nacho was OUR most valuable player, why would you want him out?

8. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Rex wanted his foot on a silver platter.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I did defend the Saints as well.

All defenses want to put on the big hit on the player. They all want the offensive player not want to play anymore after they hit him. They all want to put the fear of god into the player.

The Jets didn't do anything illegal to hurt Bush. It was a legal hit.

GreysonWinfield likes this.
  10. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Legal or not it was a dirty play.

11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    what was dirty about it?

12. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    You mean Rexy's wife wanted it on a silver platter so she could shove it up his a$$ :D

Disnardo likes this.
  13. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Pretty sure I read or saw someone mention that it was a direct helmet to kneecap hit.

14. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Landry should have tickled him when he was down, with the hopes that he laughed so hard he would cramp up.

15. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Nah, Revis should have gone for the helmet to knee collision with so much force that it would have caused a mild concussion and ended his game. Instead he now faces an entire season of rehab, which will make his holdout next year even more difficult to fathom for Jets fans.

16. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    You don't do much comedy, do you?

17. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    I do. I won an Emmy last night for my comedy routine.

18. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I thought that Landry's clapping was strange too, but I went back and watched the game again and he clapped after making a solo tackle on Bush earlier in the game on a play when there was no injury. I still hate the Jets though. All that tough talk yet we've dominated them (in the trenches) for three years running.

Bumrush likes this.
  19. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Interesting.. If he has a habit of doing that on most tackles it may clear things up a bit. It did seem very fishy at the time, especially when you could already see Reggie clutching his knee. Normally players on both sides of the ball call the bench to get medical attention. If you noticed when Revis was injured, Miami players showed respect towards him as he limped off the field.

20. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    It's an NFL football game. It's not a tickling competition. These lads are out to hurt each other.

21. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    You can watch the replay on NFL network

1. Nothing dirty appeared to take place from what was shown. Landry hit Reggie up high. Landry's head connected with Bush's shoulder pad/helmet on first contact and he slid down and hit his knee.

2. Landry was likely clapping because he made a good hit and was pumped about it.

Regardless of any comments made by Jets players, the hit and injury were clean as far as we could see.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  22. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    No it wasn't. Look at the play again, Revis planted his leg and right before Pouncey hit him he was holding his knee. It was a non contact injury.

GreysonWinfield likes this.
  23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I can second the fact that the Jets player got up clapping and celebrating that Reggie was hurt. He wasn't even the guy who made the play, and the play was a meaningless hand-off.

I believe it was intentional to hurt him but not that anything dirty happened on that play.

24. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Umm that is exactly what he said you read it again.

25. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Either way I saw Daniel Thomas burn Revis out of his shoes with his cut.
    Revis island is out for 2012. Well worth it.
    Reggie will be back.

26. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Thomas is now worth all those picks we used on him!

xphinfanx, jsizzle and Alex44 like this.
  27. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Did anyone catch this movie reference?

28. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS

And the answer is "Snatch". Fantastic movie, but they were talking about backroom boxing...

29. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I just watched Snatch not long ago, but I didn't catch the reference. I agree, great movie though. Guy Ritchie has 3 of those British gangster type movies that are all great IMO.

Was that a Bricktop line about the tickling competition? Sounds like something he'd have said.

30. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Correct!

It was Turkish talking to Tommy. Turkish has some of the best lines. I love when he busts Tommy's balls about the gun he bought from Boris. I also like the guy from New York. I forget the character's name. "Check inside him" referring to the dog. So classic. Bricktop. "In the words of the Virgin Mary. Come again." Lol

MrClean likes this.
  31. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Point of clarification. There is no connection whatsoever between whether the Jets were trying to take Reggie out and whether they suck. All defenses want to knock the best offensive player out of the game. The Saints were trying to do that and they don't suck. The Jets suck totally independently of this or anything else.

All I know is that if Reggie is in the game, he gets Carpenter closer and we win.

32. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

[​IMG]

Boik14 likes this.
  33. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Mike Florio is suggesting it so it must be true

34. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Landry clapping after the play looked weird in real time, but it wasn't a dirty hit.

Calvin Pace is an idiot who says dumb ****.

35. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    You hit Reggie Bush enough times, he will eventually injure something. It's not like you have to try to hurt him.

36. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Kind of like Revis and not getting hit. If you don't hit him enough times, bam! No more knee!

37. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I think Reggie has more of an injury history than Revis. But I could be wrong.

38. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    Not this year!

39. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Thats probably the opposite of what is true. Reggie Bush was basically a special teams player in New Orleans with some 3rd down work mixed in and 2x hurt his knee. I believe LCL and PCL were the issues. He plays a full season with a career high in touches by far and stayed healthy pretty much all year. He was averaging I think 26 touches through 2 games and was on pace to blow away last years totals until his injury. So I think with Reggie it can be said that he probably tried to do too much when he got less touches which lead to more injuries.

40. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Fair point. Bottom line is that RB's have short careers for a reason. They get the snot knocked out of them. They all get dinged up. To think that the Jets were actually trying to injure him is ridiculous. They hit him no harder than any other RB they face. No one put a helmet directly on his knee. From what I saw, Landry hit him high and slid down....on the opposite knee that was injured. This entire thread seems more like an excuse to say, "Ha ha Revis. Payback is a *****." Yet no one touched him either. It's football. Players get injured all the time. And other than your QB, a good team should be able to survive the loss of one player. I guess you could make a case for a top 3 RB as well.

Boik14 likes this.