1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was Cameron forced to start Beck?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thought this would be something interesting to discuss... With all the pressure the organization must be under this season, do any of you suspect that the decision to go with Beck was orchestrated by people (wayne) above Cameron? And that his conservative, baby glove mentality towards Beck is the direct result of Cameron trying to protect a player he thinks should be learning from the bench this year? Or am I just a nutcase today after another horrible, heartbreaking loss?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  2. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I don't think u are nuts for saying this . . . there definitely is a chance that a person high up in the organization (Wayne?) probably said he wanted to see this kid ASAP . . . I mean we had to see what he looks like regardless . . . I thought the Buffalo game would have been ideal . . . but I don't think anybody is upset about having Beck in there, whether a better shot of winning would have come VIA Cleo Lemon is debatable, but Beck is the potential future, Lemon is not, we gotta see what we have.

3. KennyStang

KennyStang Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I'm sure Cam was feeling pressure to start Beck from several directions, from the fans, from the players, and from Wayne/Mueller/the organization. I don't think he was "forced" to start him (say and ultimatum), but he was definately running out of options.

4. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    You may have a point.
    Normally I'd dismiss this line of thinking but Cameron has shown a distinct ability to make some bad judgement calls IMO which would lead me to believe that he may not have been capable of seeing that playing Beck at this point was the correct decision to make.

The timing of starting Beck alone is so ridiculous that I have to think someone stepped in after the Buffalo game and put the nuts to Cameron telling him to get his head out or his arse.

5. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

One thing for sure.....

After his last two games.....

John Beck is going to feel right at home taking snaps in Miami.

6. djkb23

djkb23 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    last night was the 1st time i saw beck in action, he looked good not great, but if the wearther was not so bad im sure he would have a better game

7. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    I think he was forced to start Beck because Cleo was sucking, might have been earlier than he really wanted to get Beck in but if Cleo is obviously not getting it done and Beck is the only other QB on the roster.....

8. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I think Lemon forced Cam to start Beck with his play.

9. thedayafter

thedayafter New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    For what it's worth...

Cam had it all wrong from the beginning and never made the adjustments...

TG wasn't good in OTA's, TC, pre-season or the first 4 games... Lemon not any better...

All the while Beck is running the scout team and getting no reps with the first or second units... TG goes down... Lemon gives us the famous "best chance to win" ... (but doesn't)....in Cams POV....Cam doesn't get a 3rd QB in until three weeks weeks after TG went down... Beck still running the scout team....

Cam's in a bind... Becks had no reps.. he's not prepared to play... London is the last straw for WH... Cam gives the team all kinds of time off over the bye... he then has Beck take 50% of the reps but decides to start Cleo "best chance to win" Lemon (but doesn't).. the orange seats are empty....

Cam is forced .. yes forced to start Beck.. further exposing his flawed plan for Becks development... of which there's been NONE....

And so Cam the noted QB guru starts Beck on the road in hostile Philly in crap weather with a game plan chaneled by DW himself...

You know the rest....

10. Jagfish

Jagfish Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    This Planet you call Earth
    One could also say Beck started his first two games in very adverse situations against 2 really good defenses and didn't embarrass himself. Having two games under his belt he now gets a shot at a weaker def. at home. I really have no problem with how Cam has handled Beck.