1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warrick Dunn meeting his mother's killer...

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Crappy Tipper, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Great article about an excerpt from Dunn's book regarding meeting the man that was convicted of killing his mother...

Here

Long read but certainly worth it.

gafinfan and anlgp like this.
  2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I'd read that earlier this week. I'll probably get the book.

It's a sad story what happened to Warrick Dunn. Hopefully he will continue on the path to recovery and ultimately enjoying life.

3. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    It took balls the size of grapefruits to do what he did without being so full of rage - shows a lot about his character.

Did you read the book "Bo knows Bo".

4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Warrick Dunn is an amazing human being. You want your kids to idol athletes? It should all start with him.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He is a great role model. A guy who overcame all kinds of obstacles. A leader, and a classy stand up guy. Works hard for everything he has achieved.

In a day and age when the networks gush over people like TO and Moss, they should be focusing on people like Dunn.

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

A little early to tell but from everything I can gather Jake Long appears to be that kind of person, too. Gets up, works hard, performs hard. Takes responsibility.

It's a sad thing what Dunn had to go through. I admittedly didn't read the whole thing but I did read the parts where he talked to the guy. That's very admirable.

7. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    You can't help but love this guy. He truly is the perfect role model in the sports world. I've enjoyed watching him play since his FSU days. I couldn't be happier that he's had a successful NFL career. Nobody deserves it more.

I can't imagine what it would be like to meet a man who killed your mother.

8. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Athletics aside you can tell that he is an intelligent, thoughtful person that has a lot to give outside of football.

9. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Warrick Dunn, my Lord what a man! There are no words to describe the road he just took in doing this. If there was ever a person I want on my team it will be this man. May God bless and give him peace.

Crappy Tipper likes this.