Warrick Dunn meeting his mother's killer...
8 replies
Great article about an excerpt from Dunn's book regarding meeting the man that was convicted of killing his mother...
In his memoir, “Running for My Life,” NFL running back Warrick Dunn shares his journey as a football star. In this excerpt, he writes about making the emotional decision to speak to the man who's on death row for murdering Dunn's mother.
Long read but certainly worth it.
0 Undefeated Teams

Thanks giovafin sweet signature!
I'd read that earlier this week. I'll probably get the book.
It's a sad story what happened to Warrick Dunn. Hopefully he will continue on the path to recovery and ultimately enjoying life.
Make the throwback uniforms permanent!
"Muck wrote:
I'd read that earlier this week. I'll probably get the book.
It's a sad story what happened to Warrick Dunn. Hopefully he will continue on the path to recovery and ultimately enjoying life.
It took balls the size of grapefruits to do what he did without being so full of rage - shows a lot about his character.
Did you read the book "Bo knows Bo".
0 Undefeated Teams

Thanks giovafin sweet signature!
Warrick Dunn is an amazing human being. You want your kids to idol athletes? It should all start with him.
"Rocky Raccoon wrote:
Warrick Dunn is an amazing human being. You want your kids to idol athletes? It should all start with him.
He is a great role model. A guy who overcame all kinds of obstacles. A leader, and a classy stand up guy. Works hard for everything he has achieved.
In a day and age when the networks gush over people like TO and Moss, they should be focusing on people like Dunn.
A little early to tell but from everything I can gather Jake Long appears to be that kind of person, too. Gets up, works hard, performs hard. Takes responsibility.
It's a sad thing what Dunn had to go through. I admittedly didn't read the whole thing but I did read the parts where he talked to the guy. That's very admirable.
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
You can't help but love this guy. He truly is the perfect role model in the sports world. I've enjoyed watching him play since his FSU days. I couldn't be happier that he's had a successful NFL career. Nobody deserves it more.
I can't imagine what it would be like to meet a man who killed your mother.
Athletics aside you can tell that he is an intelligent, thoughtful person that has a lot to give outside of football.
0 Undefeated Teams

Thanks giovafin sweet signature!
Warrick Dunn, my Lord what a man! There are no words to describe the road he just took in doing this. If there was ever a person I want on my team it will be this man. May God bless and give him peace.

This is the only thing I’ve learned: There’s only us. There’s no them. Despots and authoritarians need to make a “them” to have a straw man whom you are against. If you need to make an enemy of “them,” you’ve lost the spirit of us. - Ken Burns of PBS
