1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War Room NFL Match Up Dolphins vs Patriots

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    wes welker should dominate this game,tough as nails, 100 catches, over a thousand yards with 8 touchdowns in fourteen games............nice dolphin front office buddy!

3. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    They got a future Pro Bowl center from that Welker trade which is much more valuable then a slot receiver in an offense where the qb wouldn't get the ball to him anyways.

4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    your missing my point... this front office had no idea they were getting samson satele when they let him go, samson is not in the arguement, basically, we let wes go for a third round pic, okay, [late late second], it shows what they value in a player and imo could'nt of made a bigger mistake, wes welker not only is the best slot receiver in the game, he's tough as nails and has great character, THAT IS VALUE FOR AN ORGANIZATION MY FRIEND,YOU DON'T GET RID OF PLAYERS LIKE THAT FOR AN UNKNOWN LATE SECOND. see ya ramcam

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  5. joker2thief

joker2thief New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Along the Watchtower
    [admin] Please do not make posts racial. This will not be allowed! [/admin]

your exactly right-you do it for a second round pick-and a seventh-for a guy who in our offense had what one touchdown in 2 years and that was on special teams.(we only got a 2nd for Chambers-who is a way better player who goes up against way better talent)plus we could not match his offer-we were not gonna pay him what the Pats were-come on this is such a dead issue.He is benefiting from Randy Moss and Stallworth let alone he has Tom Brady to throw to him.
    Best receiver in the league and best QB or second QB in the league.
    and who does he have here to help him with those numbers??

6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    just watch this sunday buddy, wes also makes all those players better by stretching the field horizontally, he's quick,makes great cuts, can stop on a dime, exceptional hands,fearless in traffic,smart,tough,extremely productive, best slot receiver in the game.... whatever man,if you would take a late second round pick over someone that meets that discription,well, i don't know what to say

7. joker2thief

joker2thief New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Along the Watchtower
    Wes makes randy moss better-wow.Brady too.
    no I'm the one who doe not know what to say

8. Finfang

Finfang New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I would take a potential Pro Bowl Center all day every day!

9. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    He isn't the best Slot WR in the NFL he may have that most Catchs as a slot but that doesnt make him the best and have a really good center that would have never got if we didnt trade him so i am glade that we did

10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    WE HAD NO IDEA ABOUT SAMSON WHEN WE LET WES WALK!!!!!!!! do you understand that

11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    i bet belicek would agree with my acessment, i digress, you know best.

wes welker for a third,lol

12. pags77

pags77 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Jersey
    You let a play maker go and you need to replace them or your team gets worse. Welker, Chambers and McMichael all made plays for this offense and were replaced by Hagen, Booker and Martin who have made NO plays this year.

13. psingh01

psingh01 New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    This is ludicrous. The Welker trade was a GREAT DEAL for both teams. Especially when you consider that Moss was had for a 4th rounder. People don't trade away draft picks that easily. As nice as Welker was there is NO WAY he could be that good on Miami or else he would have been that already. Give us Brady, that offensive line and Randy Moss then you have Welker taking advantage of that situation.

It is also a stupid argument to ignore Satelle. The whole point of trading for draft picks is to get quality players! Who would trade for a pick if you thought you would get a worse player in return???

14. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I think ur right i was a good trade for both teams

15. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Do you realize how much money we would have been paying Wes if he were here? The Pats put a clause in the contract where he would make A LOT of money guaranteed if he played more than 4 games in Miami... It was a trade that had to be done in many factors. The fact is, we got a 2nd round pick for a slot WR, while the Raiders received a 4th round pick for Randy Moss. Face it man, Welker would not be the same man if it weren't for Moss demanding double coverage. The opposing defenses have to deal with so much that Welker isn't the top priority. It's not that Welker is that good... it's that the Pats offense is that good... anyone could succeed in their offense right now with Tom Brady at the helm.

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ok, forget Samson.

Why didn't he put up numbers even remotely like that here?????????????
    Wes Welker on any other team outside of the Colts, puts up the numbers he put up here, plain and simple. Welker is a solid player, benefiting from one of if not the best offensive supporting cast ever.

What makes your position even more ludicrous is that you've decided a 2nd and a 7 equal a third round pick. I mean hell, if that's what it actually equals, then really a third is more like a fifth. Really a fifth is a lot like the last pick in the draft. The last pick in the draft is called Mr. Irrelevant. Other than you're opinion, you know what's irrelevant? Burps that smell like Doritoes. What a minute...we traded the world's greatest receiver for a Doritoe Burp!!!!!! I can't belive we'd be so stupid! Kill everyone in the FO. Including Parcells. I don't care that he wasn't on the staff at the time, he signed up this year, so that's really like it was his decision.

No but you're right, you're plugged in and have your finger on the pulse. Good Job!:up:

17. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Do I smell a hint of sarcasm?

18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Huh? Wha...me...nooooooooooooo, of course not, I would never. Ever.

Nope.

Uh uh, no way.

I'm a little hurt you'd even suggest it.

Emphatically no.

19. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    My apologies. It'll never happen again... :ffic:

20. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    :ffic::lol:

21. joker2thief

joker2thief New Member