1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want home wins? How about 1 pm home games wearing white.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Stop caring about the damn celebrities, Steven. Let's re-assert our competitive advantage.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  2. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Or play the new Gloria Estefan song during breaks. Talk about brutal.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    White? Isn't santeria against this site's TOS?

unluckyluciano likes this.
  4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Or how about be better than and out-coach the other team?

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    That's just another excuse (like the baseball diamond) for us having a inferior team. We wore white against the Texans, they had on dark blue. Didn't matter, they were better. That's overrated anyways, a lot of these stud NFL players have played little league, high school and college in southern, hot states (florida, texas, alabama, california, the south)

6. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Not to mention if the Patriots game had kicked off at 1:00, we may have had a fatality on defense.

7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    BIG excuse.

THis teams issues are NOT gameday start times. LMAO.....

Personnel, game planning, conditioning...... hell in the Texans and Patriots game both teams looked more prepared for the humid conditions than we were so you think a 1 pm and hotter conditions would have helped us? I think not.

djphinfan, SICK and jnaledu3 like this.
  8. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Better players. Better coaches. Stuff like that will lead to wins.

Playing at 1 won't mean jack sh*t if the team sucks in general. I guess it may give them an edge against teams like the Chiefs, though.

We should be glad we have 4 PM games...I don't think many of our guys who make it through a 1 PM game at home.

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Yeah, because that would do so well for our defense who looks completely out of shape still anyways. As someone said above, if that NE game was a 1pm start, we really would have gotten embarrased then. If those guys were that out of shape, and that gassed playing at 8pm at night, because it was warm and humid, add the sun into that and see what happens.

The state of this team presently is hardly because of celebrity owners, and start times, its coaching and other on field issues. The offield stuff is only a distraction for some fans, the players don't give a ****. It's not like JLO, Serene and Fergie are out there negotiating contracts or trades. Theyre investors, that show up for pregame glitz and glamor junk as a PR/marketing stunt. It has ZERO to do with onfield issues.

mnfinfan likes this.
  10. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Don't know if you saw the first game, but its no longer a competitive advantage. We'll cramp up before the opposing team does.

SICK likes this.
  11. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I agree with Starry31. This once was an advantage, but the way our team was conditioned, coupled with the Pats no-huddle, we may have not have had enough defensive players to finish that game.

12. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Another fine mess Stephen Ross has gotten us into...I miss Mr. H...

13. Buckeyetroop

Buckeyetroop Active Member

Sep 27, 2010
    That's funny. Sad but true.

14. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    This is ridiculous.............. you can't wear white after labor day stoopids.

15. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Considering that most NFL players are working out somewhere warm during the offseason, and the new rules governing teams' practice schedules, I don't see much of an advantage for Miami.

SICK likes this.
  16. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    Think about the fans!!! Do you want them to suffer under the blazing sun? :(

17. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    sun screen, a hat, a squeeze-breeze....your golden.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  18. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I'll just say this for what it's worth...ever since I was a kid and first watched Miami back in '72, all of our home games were at 1:00pm, we always wore all whites and we usually always won those warm weather home games.

But then again, back in those days, Don Shula dogged the CRAP out of the team during training camp under the blistering heat of the Miami sun.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  19. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You're right. We should provide them entertainment from, such celebrities as Gloria Estsfan, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony and Jimmy Buffet and have our games in the late afternoon so the sun will go down and we can ensure the FANS are comfortable.

I don't care if it were 110 degrees and 90% humidity, if our team was WINNING, they'd crawl on their hands and knees through the Sahara to see the Dolphins play. They wouldn't give a crap about the heat or the humidity.

20. Larryfinfan

There always USED to be an advantage. If you don't believe me, ask some of the former Fins in the media...This first year, without any offseason is not a good judge of whether it would be an advantage to teams that practice in warmer, more humid climates. We'll see next season, after things are back to normal, albeit adjusted via the new rules...

Still, it certainly WAS an advantage for us in the past...

21. Larryfinfan

Besides this all goes back to Ross' misconception that the stadium experience is what draws fans to home games...It's time you figured it out, Ross...it's W's that draw fans out in the heat to watch the Fins, not JLo and Fergie's booties...(ok, they may help make things even more bearable, but certainly if we're losing, they won't help)...

22. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    It absolutely was. Like I posted in another thread, Miami had up until their last home game a winning percentage of 0.833 when the temp was greater than 83 degrees at home. Back during the Shula days and even through the Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wannstedt days, the team was better prepared to play in the heat and humidity than they are now. That practice bubble has created an environment where they can go into the air conditioned confines of that bubble and practice. As far as I know, there is no more 12 minute run or middle drill in the summer heat when the heat index is 120 degrees with 90% humidity, where the players are losing 20 lbs in a day of fluid alone.

Oh, and while some teams practice when it is warm, no team outside of Tampa Bay and maybe Jacksonville practices in the kind of heat that Miami has. When they make a regime change, they need to bring in someone that will embrace the advantage the heat and humidity does give the Dolphins. This is why I want to see an aggressive, relentless, fast paced style that emphasizes speed and explosiveness, where the Dolphins are the team that can run all day long in the heat while the opposition is sucking wind.

23. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    That practice bubble can be a useful tool....when we're in Miami in 80 weather gettng ready to go up to New York to play in 20 degree tempuratures. Sure, then by all mean, freeze that practice bubble and get our boys ready for the frigid cold, but until those winter months start to hit, DOG THE CRAP out of them in the blistering Miami heat...just like Shula did.

Think the Dolphins would hire a retired US Army Drill Sergeant as head of the strength and conditioning staff? :up:

24. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The temps here in DC were well into the 90s for most of the summer this year, with 100% humity. I do recall Minneapolis having a heat index of around 120 as well. The weather in south Florida wasn't any different this summer than a lot of the country.

25. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    The fact we are less equipped to win than the enemy in the elements that are commonplace in our home is horrifying. I understand, guys, that its the reality, but that doesn't make it acceptable, at all. The fact that Ross is willing to pass up the one competitive advantage we might enjoy for a "better family experience" shows how little he gets it. The fact Irish and tony are willing to go along with it shows they think their players aren't conditioned for the heat. It's a failure on every level.

26. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    How would you counter the road threat of a team that might be pushed around in the cold?