1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wallace speaks about the rookie Landry.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jun 19, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Every day this dude is doing something.

Sounds like Rishard had a nice day as well..

Landry had 5/67.

CWBIII, Pandarilla, DHPVW and 6 others like this.
  2. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    And the old homer Andy Cohen goes in the record..

"He's special, There's just something about his aura, his consistency, his prescense, you can just tell in a few practices."

SICK and vizi0n like this.
  3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    /Cashes pay check from Dolphins

FinNasty, CWBIII, Pandarilla and 3 others like this.
  4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

You think Andy is wrong? Just seeing things through aqua colored glasses?

Larryfinfan likes this.
  5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Not to speak for DJ, but you wanna take his opinion on things with a grain of salt. That'd be like asking a book keeper for Bank of America how their inside stuff looks......they'd tell you all is well. But I wanna hear it from a 3rd party arbitrator to REALLY believe it.

OR see it with my own eyes (can't wait!!!)

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
  7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I remember when I called one of those guys a shill on finheaven and he was browsing and got all offended. I'm like well, aren't you? I mean seriously, at least know what you are.

Pandarilla likes this.
  8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    do I think he's wrong?.. Hmmm, I believe he believes that Landry is special..

I've stated what I think about Landry, but I'm also intrigued by what I've seen and heard during these OTA's..I want to be so wrong about his ceiling, and I hope that he exceeds my own expectations.

I don't think anyone took my advice and watched the mark duper interview, there were some moments where he did some things that made me rethink a few things..

My personal evaluation for him was that of a productive, tough, good leader, smart savvy receiver that loses his effectiveness the farther down the field he goes giving him a limited upside, but I'm also constantly trying to find the reason why I may of misjudged what his type could do, and how relative that is for a 2nd round pick..

I mean we haven't done squat with a bunch of 2nd round picks around her for a long time, so maybe a smart, savvy, tough slot receiver is a solid 2nd rounder..I'm all about players who produce, over the long run, and stick to your roster, sometimes those things outweigh their draft status.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007

I think we have about the same college eval of him comin out, at least from what I've read, is anything you've seen and heard making you rethink his ceiling in any way?

10. MrClean

I am very familiar with Cohen. In the days before everyone and his dog had a computer, we displaced fans got our info from Dolphin Digest, and he was one of the main writers. I subscribed to that paper with 1st class delivery, which doubled the price, for at least 10 years. I think he is more knowledgeable than hacks like Armando and Omar, etc.

Larryfinfan, The Rev, rafael and 2 others like this.
  11. MrClean

If Cohen honestly feels that way, how does that make him a homer? Anyone with a good word to say is homer, and the rest of fan base who more usually complain, are just realists?

Larryfinfan, GMJohnson and smahtaz like this.
  12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Cohen is not a homer BECAUSE he feels that way. He's a "homer" because he's paid by the Dolphins to report good things or positively spin bad things (as best he could). Its not anything wrong with Cohen's character or make up, its just his job to be a "homer".

13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Best. Job. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VanDolPhan likes this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    his evaluations are what they are, I'm not mad at him, I like that he believes that much in one of our players, the fact that he called him special in his mind is probably as real as evaluations get, it's just his job that gets in the way of being truly objective I would think.

15. MrClean

If what Blomar and Mandy write is objective, then give me Cohen any day.

cuchulainn likes this.
  16. JOHN_M

JOHN_M New Member

May 19, 2014
    Cohen should be the only one allowed to report for Miami! I too have read his stuff for years thru dolphin digest and it's refreshing to to know there are people as optimistic and fanatical as me!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON THE NOW NETWORK FROM SPRINT!

Larryfinfan and PhinFan1968 like this.
  17. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    The main thing is not to read too much into the t-shirt games. We've always had a few players that became Jesus during camps and then disappeared once the gear was thrown on. If Landry keeps up this pace with the pads on.......then I'll get excited.

18. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Must be your dream job.

19. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

so, you are excited about seeing BOA's books? :shifty:

20. roy_miami

roy_miami Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I think Landry has a real good shot at offensive rookie of the year, and please note this is not me saying I think he'll be the best WR of the class when its all said and done, I don't and I think we probably passed on several WRs that will have better careers. But as far as offensive rookie of the year goes he has a lot going for him:
    - I believe its going to be a breakout year for our offense, Tannehill is going to put up some sick numbers and somebody has to be on the receiving end of those yards
    - great hands, he runs great routes and a lot of his play is going to be in the under ten yard range in the middle of the field right where Tannehill has been at his best. In fact Tannehill is really good in that range but really horrible outside of it. He's begging for a security blanket.
    - he has a good shot at the starting slot position with Gibson still banged up
    - new offense means he shouldn't be too far behind the vets, he's learning with them

If Gibson isn't ready all he needs to do to earn the starting role is learn how to read defenses so he's on the same page as Tannehill, if I were him I would be studying that as much as possible. If he starts day one I'm calling it for offensive rookie of the year making Hickey look like a genius. If we win some games the team just may buy in hook line and sinker.

21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Sure, just because he's perceived that way doesn't mean his opinion is worth nothing, he's been around the game for a long time, and when you use the word special, I don't care, homer or not, we should pay attention.

22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Are you ready for your daily Jarvis Landry nug?

23. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

What would any thread be without the condescending view from the shine box?

MrClean and Fin D like this.
  24. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The way you talk about the Dolphins (no matter what is happening) I'd think the Jets' own reporter would be your dream job.

25. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Here's your daily shot.

Matt Moore is on that rookies bandwagon.

DPlus47 likes this.
  26. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    " you can't believe some of the things he does"

Wow, is all I can say..

27. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    How's Gibson's health, has he been fully participating in the OTA's or still rehabbing?

We've got a real jam for the 3rd receiver... I think Gibson is made for the third but Rishard and Jarvis might want Hartline's job.

DPlus47 likes this.
  28. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I'd like to know the specifics. What does he do that is so hard to believe that he does as a rookie?

29. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The Majic man???. I don't know what the hells going on with this dude at this point lol, I've heard so many superlatives it's making me go back and watch games again..I love hearing it though.

I said in an other thread I did see him make two incredible catches that made me stop and think, wow, he made this one catch where I think he was running a deep curl, the ball was thrown early and to the wrong shoulder, as he was putting on the brakes he kept focus on the bad throw, he literally did a 180 in the air to the outside, and snagged the football.

What I got out of it was tremendous concentration on the football, and that his hands and body worked like a tracking device athletically and with great coordination..

There was no separation..just a pure individual move.

DPlus47 likes this.
  30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    All reports are positive, some said that not only was he out there, he was doing things where it didn't look like he was ever injured, also heard that he was going very hard.

77FinFan likes this.