Wake & Marshall #10 at PR & WR
35 replies
ESPN is doing their top ten power rankings for the NFL. So far they have listed owner, coaches, QB, RB, WR, LB, Pass Rusher, CB, and S. Here's the PR list.
1. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys
2. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
3. Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis Colts
4. Jared Allen, Minnesota Vikings
5. Tamba Hali, Kansas City Chiefs
6. James Harrison, Pittsburgh Steelers
7. John Abraham, Atlanta Falcons
8. Julius Peppers, Chicago Bears
9. LaMarr Woodley, Pittsburgh Steelers
10. Cameron Wake, Miami Dolphins
Wake and Marshall are the only two Phins listed, both at #10. Anyone missing? Who will be, or should be, listed on the OL/DL other than Big Jake?
Also, who may play their way onto your top ten this year?
* You can get complete lists on ESPN.com NFL front page.
Vontae and SS24 both are primed to join that list, Big Paul as well.
When a 350 pd NT can go from inside out and catch running backs on the sidelines you are looking at something special.
Toss Dan Carpenter on there, if Richie I plays RG this yr he has good shot to slip onto that list late, Richie I's ability has never been in question it is his mental lapses that held him back.
Lou Polite should also be primed for a bounce back yr at FB in a NFL that does not have many good Fullbacks.
I would have put Fasano in there at TE. Aside from Long on the OL, I think Solia earned a top ten at NT last year.
I could see Dansby, Davis, and maybe Starks or even Langford moving up this year.
And if we're talkin Henne, we're talkin Super Bowl. We are the Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins number 1.
What a day for a daydream. :)
"Southbeach wrote:
I would have put Fasano in there at TE. Aside from Long on the OL, I think Solia earned a top ten at NT last year.
Fasano is an all around type of Te, guys who make such lists typically catch a lot of passes and that ir not really his game.
I could see Dansby, Davis, and maybe Starks or even Langford moving up this year.
Dansby could slip in later on a list but keep in mind he has not made a pro bowl, Starks has, and Langford is moving into a contract yr so he will play with a motor this yr imo, but the Dline rotation maybe will keep his numbers down.
And if we're talkin Henne, we're talkin Super Bowl. We are the Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins number 1.
What a day for a daydream. :)
Baby steps bro, just more Td's then int's, if #7 goes for 22 Td's and 15 int's I will be thrilled.
I agree about Vontae. I don't see any reason he can't be a top 10 CB next year.
Also Carpenter as a K, and Dansby should be considered.
cameron wake led the league in sacks, how are 9 guys better at pass rushing (ie: getting sacks) than him?
Fifty some WR's had more TD's than Marshall last season and he is listed at #10. What a joke. :lol:
These lists are all about the name and nothing more.

"Killerphins wrote:
Fifty some WR's had more TD's than Marshall last season and he is listed at #10. What a joke. :lol:
These lists are all about the name and nothing more.
He also finished 6th in the league in receptions, while missing 2 and a half games and finished 13th in YPG out of all TEs and WRs.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Jerry Rice wouldn't have caught more than 5 touchdowns in our offense last year.
How in your honest, right mind can you sit here and defend a quarterback that has proven NOTHING in this league over a guy that caught 100 balls three straight years in a row before teaming up with said quarterback? How does that make any sense to you?
Jerry Rice is too slow and he isn't a viable red zone threat.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Jerry Rice wouldn't have caught more than 5 touchdowns in our offense last year.
How in your honest, right mind can you sit here and defend a quarterback that has proven NOTHING in this league over a guy that caught 100 balls three straight years in a row before teaming up with said quarterback? How does that make any sense to you?
What I find funny is the back and forth over Qb's and Wr's when this regime is doing as much as possible to minimize the impact of both positions via running the ball more often.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Jerry Rice wouldn't have caught more than 5 touchdowns in our offense last year.
How in your honest, right mind can you sit here and defend a quarterback that has proven NOTHING in this league over a guy that caught 100 balls three straight years in a row before teaming up with said quarterback? How does that make any sense to you?
We've had worse quarterbacks the past ten years... much worse. I don't think we have had an offense coordinator as stupid as 2010 Dan Henning either.
Chris Foerster might tell you otherwise.
"gilv13 wrote:
I agree about Vontae. I don't see any reason he can't be a top 10 CB next year.
Also Carpenter as a K, and Dansby should be considered.
I forgot about our kickers. Carpenter and Fields should both be on this years list.
"CitizenSnips wrote:
cameron wake led the league in sacks, how are 9 guys better at pass rushing (ie: getting sacks) than him?
no he didnt.
hali did

www.surgedigitaldesign.com
Low Cost Custom Websites and Graphics
"GridIronKing34 wrote:
We've had worse quarterbacks the past ten years... much worse. I don't think we have had an offense coordinator as stupid as 2010 Dan Henning either.
How about Kippy Brown?
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"CitizenSnips wrote:
cameron wake led the league in sacks, how are 9 guys better at pass rushing (ie: getting sacks) than him?
Must be a lifetime achievement type deal b/c Abraham and Allen were not even close to Wake last year.
"aesop wrote:
Chris Foerster might tell you otherwise.
At least Henning had some talent to work with... And by work with I mean fail to use.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Jerry Rice wouldn't have caught more than 5 touchdowns in our offense last year.
How in your honest, right mind can you sit here and defend a quarterback that has proven NOTHING in this league over a guy that caught 100 balls three straight years in a row before teaming up with said quarterback? How does that make any sense to you?
Well Bess had five TD's last season and he is a possession receiver. :wink2: Marshall is supposed to be a play maker and he didn't do that for us at all. Only 2.8 YAC average and he had way too many drops. Henne can't catch it for him man nor can he run with the ball after the supposed catch. Anyways I never mentioned Henne you did. I was stating that Brandon Marshall didn't earn being on the top ten WR list because he just didn't get it done in the form of making plays. His name gets way too much credit for his actual production on the football field. He is sadly a very over rated football player.

"padre31 wrote:
What I find funny is the back and forth over Qb's and Wr's when this regime is doing as much as possible to minimize the impact of both positions via running the ball more often.
Preach.
"R&R_Express wrote:
no he didnt.
hali did
Sacks is an overrated & oversimplified stat IMO. How about sacks + pressures + holding penalties & double teams drawn?
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
And I'm saying you have no credibility because you're blaming Chad Henne's shortcomings on Chad Henne when Brandon had a GREAT deal of success elsewhere while Henne has never done anything in the league.
I could care less about Marshall's success elsewhere. He has laid the proverbial egg as a play maker so far in Miami.
I also could care less about your opinion of my credibility.
This thread is about Marshall being on the top ten list but as always you turn it into a Henne bash fest and try to pin it on me.
I know the drill man and especially your type. Blame everything on a young QB and stick up for the big time over rated # 1 WR.
Marshall gets no pass from me on or off the field. He's a fraud dude. :up:

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
That doesn't change that fact that Marshall is one of the top 5 most talented/productive receivers in this league.
And running the ball, in this league, isn't going to win you a championship.
Neither is Marshall dropping balls on third down that could extend drives.
Top five WR please..........

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Here are your two options:
1.) Marshall forgot how to play football in one off-season.
2.) The talent around him caused a decrease in production.Take your pick.
EDIT:
As for "my kind" I've been doing this messageboard for a long, long time. I used to be like you where I'd defend anyone on the team. I was a homer once, too. Something just changed, I guess and now I look at things more objectively rather than falling in love with a player and putting the blinders on when said player sucks.
Bummer for you buddy....thought you were a lifer.....
Marshall was advertised as a YAC guy. Break tackles and make plays. Didn't happen The defense is built strong. No reason to cave now.
It's okay man relax. :lol:

"Killerphins wrote:
Marshall was advertised as a YAC guy. Break tackles and make plays. Didn't happen The defense is built strong. No reason to cave now.
Marshall IS a YAC guy. The problem is, it’s hard to break multiple consecutive tackles because the defense is selling out to stop him.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
