1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wake doubtful - lots of injuries

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Among those on Friday’s final report were defensive end Cameron Wake, who is listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game against the Bengals.

Wake hasn’t practiced all week, and his injury comes at a time when the Dolphins are running short on the line. Defensive end Andre Branch is listed as questionable, as he was limited Thursday and Friday with a knee injury.

Wide receiver DeVante Parker is listed as questionable, though he didn’t practice Friday. He and Branch are among seven players listed as questionable, including safety Reshad Jones, safety T.J. McDonald, linebacker Chase Allen, linebacker Stephone Anthony and running back Brandon Bolden.

They’ve ruled out tight end A.J. Derby, cornerback Bobby McCain and quarterback Luke Falk.

2. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    I have a feeling Wake will play...if he doesn't man we are short on the line.

3. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    We still have FOUR QBs? They needed to drop at least one and bring in another DL guy. It should have happened a week ago to allow them some time to practice with the team.

Injuries can derail any given season, but Gase and company have not handled things as well as they could have. He rolled the dice on lacking depth to keep FOUR QBs around, two of which will contribute nothing during the season. I'm just not in the mood to give him the benefit of the doubt after that disaster in Foxboro.

mbsinmisc, Dolphin Dundee and Dorfdad like this.
  4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It's so frustrating to see us the #1 defense for the first three weeks....and now we can't stop anyone due to it basically being a different squad out there

5. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah at some point injuries begin to pile up and affect your team. "Next Man Up" can only go so far until you run out of men...

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Did I miss a few weeks?

7. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014

KeyFin likes this.
  8. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    This ship was built paper thin. I lay that at the captains feet

aesop likes this.
  9. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    It really did look like a glass roster from the start. We need everyone reasonably healthy across the board to have a shot.

10. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    So they initially built a team with no depth in the NFL in 2018? The Captains philosophy seems to be a hope and a prayer! Depth is a crucial part and we do t even have the talent on the front lines! Poor management that is all! Plenty of blame to go around if we spiral 3-4 losses in a row things can really go south quickly for this front office and coaching staff.

11. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I've Captained quite a few boats/ ships. Haven't built a single one. I could make something that looked like a boat, but I wouldn't drive it anywhere.
    Give me a good hull and a couple of strong diesels, a few bells and a whistle, enough ice for fish and beer, and we'll all come home smelling fishy.

resnor and Sceeto like this.
  12. thetylernator

thetylernator You're as cold as ice, Officer Friendly.

Dec 31, 2014
    Thankfully, for as short as we're going to be on defense, Cincinnati will be equally as thin on offense. They've ruled out Gio Bernard (RB), John Ross (WR), Tyler Eifert (TE), and Billy Price (C).

In 2016, we made the playoffs largely due to gritty wins. I think we're going to need one here.

KeyFin likes this.
  13. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You do realize we can only have 53 men on our roster. You can only carry so many of each on the team and injuries do indeed happen. It unavoidable

Puka-head, Tin Indian and ripper1961 like this.
  14. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    The nature of team building means having great starters and good backups. The Dolphins have had problems with poor starters, especially on the offensive line, so addressing those means you can't also get the depth you want. There's only so much you can build each year. It's frustrating but that's the reality. And that's before considering what talent is available each year. You might want lots of offensive line quality but if it's not there it's not there. This is why the draft is so significant.

15. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    We made the playoffs not on our own but by backing in. I just don’t think our defense can get enough pressure

16. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    We made the playoffs by winning 9 of 11 in our last 11 games in 2016. If that's backing in, I'll take that every year.

mbsinmisc likes this.
  17. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    We didn’t control our destiny. That’s what I call backing in and we lost. Every year after we degreased

18. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That year was weird. Felt like we either won or got blown out. That might be a Gase signature.

thetylernator and Surfs Up 99 like this.
  19. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    We need to prepare ourselves for an old fashioned shootout.. if we arent ready for one we are gonna fall behind real fast

20. The word is that Parker is inactive today. Oh well... Gotta hope for TJ and Jones to play!
    Anyone have the final lineup yet?

21. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Parker out again. Awful.

22. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Puddin' Pop. Guy is worthless.

mbsinmisc likes this.
  23. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I only see us winning this game if Tanny has a breakout type game. We need about 31-33 pts to win this game, and need to win the turnover battle as well. If the offense struggles we get blown out again, 34-13.

24. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    We went into this year with a thin roster. That was obvious. They took calculated gambles on a couple of Olinemen that has clearly not panned out since 4 games in and both are on IR. On top of that the defense has the injury bug bad. Going in the only position we were deep at was the dline and now that is the walking wounded. I keep saying that until they address the Guard position with some early draft picks were screwed. Nothing works on offense if your line cant do its job. The front office been putting the cart before the horse for too long.

25. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Who?

Tin Indian likes this.