1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vontae Davis on Yardbarker

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by emocomputerjock, Jun 1, 2009.

1. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Not to get into a discussion of the impact of social networking in the NFL, but Vontae Davis has started his own page at yardbarker now, and you can find his initial post at the link below:

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Vontae_Davis_in_the_Yardbarker_House/648571

Yardbarker says it's verified it's him. There's nothing regarding anything the Dolphins are doing in there, but if you'd like you can leave comments.

Bpk, Rocky Raccoon, anlgp and 6 others like this.
  2. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    great stuff. im really rooting for vontae this year to make some decent noise in the secondary. he seems like a good guy so hopefully these maturity issues can start becoming a thing of the past and the guy can settle in to becoming a starter for us in the next two years.

Big E likes this.
  3. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I wonder when he will start. i think Will Allen and Eric Green will handle bussiness as the starters this year. maybe next year vontae will get his chance unless one of the starters gets injured this year. what do you guys think?

I would say he has a better chance of getting the job over Eric Green, but i've been hearing good things about Eric Green, plus he's an NFL veteran.

4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I think the coaching staff will give Vontae every chance to win a starting spot in camp, along with Sean Smith. Should be fun to watch.

5. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Just so long as he's not like his brother. Every indication we've seen so far from Vontae is that he's a hard worker who is certainly aware of his place and the expectations placed upon him. I doubt Sparano is going to have to bench him for acting like a moron.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  6. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    From what I've read he seems like he is really making an effort to be the starter. The comment about him shadowing Will Allen really makes it sound like he is more humble than people first gave him credit for.

No matter who ends up starting/playing the majority of the season, you can bet on one thing and that's the fact that it will be the best player. Another one of the many things that I love about our FO.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  7. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I know he's our first round pick and all and he'll be given an opportunity to start at CB but I just remember there's 3 sides to a football team. Defense, Offense & Special Teams.

Even if Davis doesn't contribute in a starting roll on defense right away if he makes some STs plays for us this year and contributes to nickel/dime packages it will hopefully help us out and maybe in a year he'll nab a starting spot - or i could be wrong and he takes one this year.