1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice of the Charger Fans

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Voice of the fans | The San Diego Union-Tribune

HALF STAFF: How does Ted Cottrell still have a job? We have the best talent in the league on both sides of the ball, but only half a coaching staff that knows how to use that talent. ED RUBANO, Santee

2. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

:pity:

Its not what we done right, it's what the Chargers done wrong!!!

ticks me off!!

3. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Norv Turner will ruin that franchise... Dont blame anyone else..

Yes ted coaches the defense but it all comes from the head coach, as we are seeing here in Miami.

4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Thats alright. We heard the EXACT same things from every outlet after Tar AND Feathering the Patsies.

In the end people will realize. :hi5:

I do feel for the Charger faithful, but to put the blame on Cotrell isnt fair IMO. I think he is a VERY good coach.

PMZQ and calphin like this.
  5. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey

:lol: that avatar is hilarious!

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    They miss Marty Ball in San Diego. Schottenheimer sucked in the playoffs but he usually got the most out of his players, unlike Norv.

pennphinfan and PMZQ like this.
  7. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Man, those people just about to a one, don't have much regard for the Phins, just put it all on their team. Hopefully a few more wins, and we'll have people thinking twice when they play us......I believe we already have the attention of the players.

8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I guess to some extent I can see that after the recent history we have had, especially 1-15. Mix that in with an entire new crew, both on the field and off, and none of the new-found talent are the fancy names people like to throw around.

Of course, beating the best two AFC teams from last year, back to back and in good fashiong both times has alredy started to raise eyebrows. Win one more this next weekend and people WILL start talking about us again. :hi5:

9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I noticed that also reading the comments made in several SD outlets...it was fire Norv, fire Cotrell, even a fire AJ Smith or two, sprinkled in with injuries to LT, Gates and Merriman rather than anything that we may have done to affect the outcome of the game...I guess that is normal for fans anywhere, especially with what is regarded as a very talent-ladened team...

calphin likes this.
  10. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    If they want to point the blame, look no further than the Miami Dolphins. You know, the team that beat you. Why is that when we we win so many people talk about how the other team lost. Miami flat out beat the chargers. Blame the Dolphins, not your coaches.

11. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    To be fair though, both Turner and Cottell suck, at least in my humble opinion.

I was surprised they got as far as they did last year, but its hard not to with all the talent they had. Now? Hmm, the house of cards may be falling? Then again, they did start 2-3 last year as well I think.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  12. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    :lol: still no praise for us... after one bad year... were apparently the worse, and most incompetent team in the league. i love it. let them think it, they can keep underestimating us all they want... then we can smack them in the mouth week after week. eventually theyre going to learn

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The primadonnas got their azz kicked, thats what happens when your not humble.

LT is the leader of them as well...legends in their own minds'.....lol

14. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    we're starting to get the "surprise" praise- the story on all the espn shows for this week is to say "hey the falcons and dolphins are surprising this season, we might actually have good teams."-- its kinda amazing how each shows runs the exact same topics. not once was it NOT coupling the falcons and dolphins together in the same thought and then asking which is more surprising. pti, horn, sportscenter, nfl live, nfl primetime.. i mean, c'mon, switch your stories around a little or something.

15. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Agree completely.

I can't get ticked at Charger fans for having this reaction.
    They were supposed to and should be able to beat us with that team.
    They were considered a contender and with that roster rightly so.
    Why wouldn't their fans be upset that a rebuilding team fresh off a 1 win season beat them sending them to 2-3? Some of you guys are too sensitive I think on this. If the tables were turned we'd be saying the exact same stuff no?

That Charger team is talented and what you're seeing is a clear case of bad leadership, gameplanning and coaching which Norv is well known for. He's another poison HC that should just stay at the Coordinator position. Charger fans have every right to question that coaching staff.

16. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Kinna surprises me..historically, "we" have been more friendly than not with San Diego. I've always liked them and thought generally they liked us back. A lot of venom over there. I guess given the norv factor I should have expected the fans to be confrontational as they watch him squander their talented years away. Just saying..

Coral Reefer likes this.
  17. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    We can certainly relate to what they are dealing with over there.
    Our Wanny years + their Norv years = 2 fan bases with lots of coulda, shoulda woulda discussions and bad memories to look back on.

cnc66 likes this.
  18. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    If anyone talks to any Charger fans..please ask what the heck was up with Cooper and Wilhelm yesterday. Alot of talk and showboating that went on in that game.

19. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    99% of my friends are bolt fans. They ddi not like it either because they were losing.

20. Deof Movestofca

Deof Movestofca Dolphins Dude

Oct 2, 2008
    Earth
    I wouldn't mind hearing it over and over again from fans of every team they play....

21. Deof Movestofca

Deof Movestofca Dolphins Dude

Oct 2, 2008
    Earth
    Yeah, but still you gotta love....