1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO: NYPD cop disciplined for bodychecking biker

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Coral Reefer, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/ny-nycop0729,0,1148297.story

This kind of stuff makes me sick and angry.

Abuse of power on avg. citizens by officials empowered in order to protect avg. citizens is a travesty.

Unfortunately stuff like this is way too common and 9 times out of 10 a dirty cops actions will be swept under the rug as judges would rather believe their side of the story or other cops will vouch for their brethren. :pity:

Seeing a BSO cop engaged in this type of brutality wouldn't surprise me in the least.

2. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    Total douche bag. Rookies. :pity:

3. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    well, that video doesn't really prove anything since we can't see what the biker was doing before hand, but I agree with you that cops that overstep their authority really ticks me off, and checking a guy off a bike is definitely inappropriate.

texasPHINSfan likes this.
  4. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    yikes, that was kind of brutal.

5. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    What a scumbag... If you have a good lawyer, and there are enough witnesses, no cop will get away with this type of behavoir... I hope this cop loses everything, his life, his livelyhood, everything from the pending lawsuit (if there isnt one there absolutely should be).. scumbag dirtbad cops like these should not be allowed to serve the public trust

6. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    x2

if you don't know the whole story, you jump to conclusions. hey, rodney king was an innocent guy beaten by brutal cops, right? i mean, based on that video....

;)

7. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Even if he had a perfectly legitimate rationale for his physical action, he lied on the police report. The biker did not steer into him.

8. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I hear where you're coming from.

I don't care what the guy may have done however.
    What exactly could he have done while riding a bike in a group of people anyway to deserve such a violent attack? One thing is clear is that the biker was not a threat to anyone which would take away the appropriateness of such an attack.

If the cop wanted to question him on something or stop him he had already walked him right into the sidewalk and could easily have grabbed him without taking a full force shot at the guy.

All reports from those witnesses also stated that nothing had happened and the cop was simply annoyed with the bikers.

He's a full fledged idiot and cops like this need to be removed from any position of power.

9. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Which is another classic practice in cases of abusive cops.
    They will fashion any story necessary to validate their actions.

Good cops need to stop backing bad cops like this for the good of their profession.

10. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    This guy is an idiot, three weeks out of the academy, third generation *******. My cousin's husband works for the same precinct, it's a relatively calm area. While most cops I know are *******s, it is usually because of the areas they work in. Midtown South doesn't seem to create ******* cops.

Nothing this biker did justifies how this cop handled the situation. The shame is that without the video, he would have gone undisciplined.

11. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I agree, from the video it doesn't look like the cop even made an attempt to stop him, no hand up, no whistle, no waving. He was totally out of line to body check him like that.

His'nBeatYour'n likes this.
  12. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    this cop better get canned...if hes doing this as a rookie, just imagine what hell be doing 5 or 10 years from now when he's had enough of the job

13. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Guys read up on Crictical mass and what they are all about before you judge.

This is what they want and thrive on

14. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    lol wow I thought this was way worse then it was, I thought the guy grabbed a motorcyclist off his bike..... That dudes out of a job for sure.

15. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I think there are going to be some painful lessons in this new day and age. Videos and pictures and information these days is so easy to use, obtain and spread, that things like this will be noticed with a much greater frequency.
    Departments better catch on that many things that would have flown under the radar, maybe never even documented, now have a video on them when they least expect it.

That said, please all remember the vast majority of police and other emergency service personnel have extremely risky, dangerous jobs keeping us safe and secure from thugs, fires, medical emergencies etc etc.

16. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass

I saw nothing in here to condone what this dirtbag cop did... do you? Besides, protesting is a legal thing in America, therefore it gives these guys every right to ride there bikes. It doesnt seem like these guys break any rules/laws and they do not seem to hurt anyone.

One thing I will take solice in is this biker still has his job, still has his dignity, and still has his bike... whereas the cop, does not have dignity, or his job (hopefully).. Guess the biker won :up:

17. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    It always astounds me how people can watch a cop go out of his way to hit someone then arrest the guy for running into him and as always charge him with resisting arrest and these people will come out defending the cop.

18. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No, Rodney King was a bad guy who was excessively beaten by brutal cops.

It doesn't matter what the rest of the story is. It is never right for cops to beat people who are not fighting back or are not otherwise threats.

late again likes this.
  19. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Sickening. There are many more good cops than bad cops I'm sure. It's unfortunate that a few power hungry d-bags shine a bad light on the entire profession.

20. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I know, like their job isnt hard enough, these dbags gotta go out and make a bad name for the profession causing people to resent them or not trust them to help.

Wheres internal affairs when its needed? Gotta get Harvey Dent out here ...

21. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Heres my idea for fundraising in communities:

Take cops with "incidents or violations" and offer the public a chance to "box" against them for an entry fee. Take the money and donate it to a charity or put it towards something in the community. I duno about you guys, but theres plenty of cops Id love to beat the hell out of, legally. I think this idea would make a killing.

22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Second^