Video Game Deals thread

661 repliesPinned

StitchesStitchesLuxury BoxOP
May 30, 2009, 06:41 PM

I buy a lot of my games on sale or clearance, or what have you. I figure many of you guys (not named Mor) look for sales and such too. So, I figure I will post this thread and if I see anything real good on CAG or Slickdeals I'll update this post. I will try and keep this up to date, and if anyone is looking for anything specific, I will do my best to try and help find a deal. :up:

Current deals:
Buy 2 Get 1 Free on used games starting tonight at Gamestop/EB Games, and will last through Sunday (7/19).

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Get Up And GoGet Up And GoNew Member
May 30, 2009, 08:02 PM

Always check out Targets clearance games. We always have different games on the Electronics clearance rack.

PeaTearGriffinPeaTearGriffinNew Member
May 30, 2009, 09:04 PM

Hmm...might have to go to gamestop tomorrow

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
May 30, 2009, 09:42 PM

For anyone still using a PS2 (or any PS3 with backwards compatibility) from the Gamestop weekend special email newsletter (also has PS3/360 ones from time to time, so I'd recommend enrolling):

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
May 31, 2009, 01:40 AM

if you pass a Sears Essentials, its worth the stop. As I said in another thread. I got Guitar Hero Aerosmith(360), and Kane and Lynch(PS3) for $15 a piece. They also had Viking, which Id love to know if its good or not. I passed on it, but would go back if I heard it was worth the time. And they had heavenly Sword which I already own, all for 15 too. Some pretty nice titles for 15 clams.

anlgpanlgpNew Member
May 31, 2009, 02:37 AM

"Sethdaddy8 wrote:

if you pass a Sears Essentials, its worth the stop. As I said in another thread. I got Guitar Hero Aerosmith(360), and Kane and Lynch(PS3) for $15 a piece. They also had Viking, which Id love to know if its good or not. I passed on it, but would go back if I heard it was worth the time. And they had heavenly Sword which I already own, all for 15 too. Some pretty nice titles for 15 clams.

I'm pretty sure if VO came in and saw you passed on a game called Viking he'd go

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" like the viking in that snickers commercial.

I think he will comment on this thread soon; he must have his profile set up to automatically notify him when the word "viking" is used in a sentence.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
May 31, 2009, 03:08 AM

so i moved out from my college housing and now am guitar hero/rockband-less... i want to start from the beginning (as that would be the cheapest route) so i've been looking for some sort of guitar hero 1 & 2 package deal with 2 guitars. haven't really found a good one yet so if anyone spots it let me know :thumbup:

k.thx.bi

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
May 31, 2009, 09:41 AM

"pennphinfan wrote:

so i moved out from my college housing and now am guitar hero/rockband-less... i want to start from the beginning (as that would be the cheapest route) so i've been looking for some sort of guitar hero 1 & 2 package deal with 2 guitars. haven't really found a good one yet so if anyone spots it let me know :thumbup:

k.thx.bi

I'll keep my eye open.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Jun 1, 2009, 01:09 PM

Amazon has Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as their game of the day today.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_6716412_1?tag2=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&docId=1000208101&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=0HPZ7AM0G9CSBXDSNAH4&pf_rd_t=101&tag=slickdeals&pf_rd_p=384648201&pf_rd_i=468642

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
* Xbox 360 - $19.99
* Wii - $19.99
* PS2 - $19.99
* Nintendo DS - $19.99
* Sony PSP - $19.99
* PS3 - $29.99

I'm gonna snag it for $20 on the 360 I think.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Jun 2, 2009, 10:02 AM

Looking for more mature Wii games?

Best Buy has Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill for $20 each (with $3 s/h) today.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=9196078%2C+9206478&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Very tempted to get Madworld.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2009, 01:10 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Looking for more mature Wii games?

Best Buy has Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill for $20 each (with $3 s/h) today.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=9196078%2C+9206478&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Very tempted to get Madworld.

ooooh, had my eye on madworld.

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Jun 2, 2009, 01:54 PM

House of the Dead! I loved the 2nd and 3rd ones!

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jun 2, 2009, 05:53 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Looking for more mature Wii games?

Best Buy has Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill for $20 each (with $3 s/h) today.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=9196078%2C+9206478&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Very tempted to get Madworld.

And that's pretty much it. :up:

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Get Up And GoGet Up And GoNew Member
Jun 2, 2009, 07:07 PM

meh, I didn't like Madworld.

#1 fan#1 fanForum Veteran
Jun 2, 2009, 08:15 PM

starting 6/7 target is having a buy 2 get one free sale on ps3, ps2 and psp games:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1380739

i might go in for this. i might just save my money though and get a modded 360.

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Jun 2, 2009, 09:50 PM

let me know if you find any deals with the ufc game

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Jun 2, 2009, 10:57 PM

"anlgp wrote:

I'm pretty sure if VO came in and saw you passed on a game called Viking he'd go

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" like the viking in that snickers commercial.

I think he will comment on this thread soon; he must have his profile set up to automatically notify him when the word "viking" is used in a sentence.

:pity:

Actually I heard that Viking was average at best. I'm sure I'll buy it used at some point.

Though I will certainly pick up Mad World if I can find it for cheap.

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Jun 2, 2009, 11:27 PM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

:pity:

Actually I heard that Viking was average at best. I'm sure I'll buy it used at some point.

Though I will certainly pick up Mad World if I can find it for cheap.

you really do have a thing that notifies you when the word "viking" is used don't you?

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Jun 3, 2009, 11:26 AM

If anyone has no qualms using ebay and wants some xbox live points, here is a great deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Zune-Live-4000-Points-US-SuperFast_W0QQitemZ120429494939QQihZ002QQcategoryZ156597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$38 for 4000 points ($50 in stores).

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Jun 4, 2009, 09:13 AM

"King Felix wrote:

let me know if you find any deals with the ufc game

UCF for 360 for $39.99. Not sure which system you have but this deal is only for 360.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16874169038
You have to use coupon code EMCLTLR45 to get it so cheap.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Jun 4, 2009, 09:25 AM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

:pity:

Actually I heard that Viking was average at best. I'm sure I'll buy it used at some point.

Though I will certainly pick up Mad World if I can find it for cheap.

i thought Viking was very fun... But like Assassin's Creed, it got repetitive in the 2nd area. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say that Vikings was less repetitive than Assassin's Creed.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Jun 4, 2009, 10:47 AM

"mor911 wrote:

i thought Viking was very fun... But like Assassin's Creed, it got repetitive in the 2nd area. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say that Vikings was less repetitive than Assassin's Creed.

mindwarp is sooooo not giving you any ass tonight.

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Jun 4, 2009, 11:05 AM

"Sethdaddy8 wrote:

mindwarp is sooooo not giving you any ass tonight.

true. ****. Wait, Casey lives down the block :shifty:

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jun 5, 2009, 03:59 PM

Straying away from mor and warp's personal life, the latest Gamestop weekedn special...

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Jun 5, 2009, 09:24 PM

I motion to sticky this thread...