Vick going home this week - can never own a dog.

19 replies

late againlate againNew MemberOP
May 19, 2009, 01:25 AM

VIck is being released this week and will wear a monitor. This probably isn't even news to most. But the one thing that caught my eye was the judge's order that much the same way convicted pedophiles are forbidden to be around kids; Vick can never again own a dog.
.."One restriction tailored specifically for Vick: He can never again own a dog. U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson already made that decision when he sentenced Vick. He also ordered enrollment in a substance abuse program if Vick's parole officer deems it necessary."..
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9586736/Vick-to-be-closely-monitored-in-home-confinement

brandon27brandon27Supporter
May 19, 2009, 09:53 PM

Why should he be allowed to own a dog? I mean, really... Its only fair...

As for Vick, and his return... I dont know why so many are up in arms about his release and being let out of jail. I mean, isnt it Leonard Little who was convicted of drinking and driving and killing a woman, and he's out and playing football still and.. nobody cares. So many people were bent out of shape about this on sports radio call in shows today. I dont understand it. I don't like the guy, or what he did, but Vick did his time. Let it be.. its not like he killed a person like others that are still playing the game, or walking free. Maybe im over-reacting, but Its all i could think while listening to these people all bent out of shape and objecting his looming return... After his almost sure NFL suspension anyways which im sure is coming. Oh well... anyways.. Im done :lol:


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

Alex44Alex44New Member
May 19, 2009, 09:54 PM

Can he have a cat?

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
May 19, 2009, 10:36 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

Why should he be allowed to own a dog? I mean, really... Its only fair...

As for Vick, and his return... I dont know why so many are up in arms about his release and being let out of jail. I mean, isnt it Leonard Little who was convicted of drinking and driving and killing a woman, and he's out and playing football still and.. nobody cares. So many people were bent out of shape about this on sports radio call in shows today. I dont understand it. I don't like the guy, or what he did, but Vick did his time. Let it be.. its not like he killed a person like others that are still playing the game, or walking free. Maybe im over-reacting, but Its all i could think while listening to these people all bent out of shape and objecting his looming return... After his almost sure NFL suspension anyways which im sure is coming. Oh well... anyways.. Im done :lol:

i agree and leonard little also got a DUI after all that. in my opinion what little did was worse than what vick did.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 19, 2009, 10:40 PM

I say good for him, hopefully he can reconnect with his family and find some peace of mind and dedicate himself to whatever it is he chooses to do now.

I'd like to see him back in the NFL.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
May 20, 2009, 12:17 AM

He's done his time, he deserves a second chance, but he will always be a worthless POS scumbag in my mind.

I hope that the league lets him back and somebody breaks his azz in half. I would proudly cheer for him to get his face broke off.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
May 20, 2009, 07:38 AM

"steveincolorado wrote:

He's done his time, he deserves a second chance, but he will always be a worthless POS scumbag in my mind.

I hope that the league lets him back and somebody breaks his azz in half. I would proudly cheer for him to get his face broke off.

What about Leonard Little? Nobody cares about him... he killed a PERSON. Again, not defending Vick or what he did, he's a scumbag for it... Just don't understand why people hate him more than another player who actually too a human being's life!


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
May 20, 2009, 08:35 AM

"brandon27 wrote:

What about Leonard Little? Nobody cares about him... he killed a PERSON. Again, not defending Vick or what he did, he's a scumbag for it... Just don't understand why people hate him more than another player who actually too a human being's life!

Personally I think it's the inhumanity he displayed when he tortured and killed those dogs, The things he did were disgusting and the news coverage was very explicit. Dogs are 'Man's Best Friend' and he really violated the spirit of that sentiment. Personally, as a dog owner, and one who abhors the torture of those who cannot protect themselves, I would be satisfied if some PETA loony put a bullet in him.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 20, 2009, 08:40 AM

"brandon27 wrote:

What about Leonard Little? Nobody cares about him... he killed a PERSON. Again, not defending Vick or what he did, he's a scumbag for it... Just don't understand why people hate him more than another player who actually too a human being's life!

Two wrongs only make it more wrong b27, pointing to L Little to bolster Vick is doesn't work well intellectually (to me at least).

As for Vick, he's paid his price, 2 yrs and more in prison, 80 million dollars in lost wages, it's just as intellectually unsupportable to say "he should never ply his trade again based on what he has done".

IMO Vick should be free to negotiate his release from the Falcons, and then try and catch on with a team, if that is what he wants, I also think the Commish should suspend him for 6 games after he signs, if he signs with a team.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
May 20, 2009, 09:21 AM

"brandon27 wrote:

What about Leonard Little? Nobody cares about him... he killed a PERSON. Again, not defending Vick or what he did, he's a scumbag for it... Just don't understand why people hate him more than another player who actually too a human being's life!

Being a dog owner, I value my dog over any human. I've lost 2 dogs in about 2 1/2 years, they are my family.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
May 20, 2009, 09:23 AM

"padre31 wrote:

Two wrongs only make it more wrong b27, pointing to L Little to bolster Vick is doesn't work well intellectually (to me at least).

As for Vick, he's paid his price, 2 yrs and more in prison, 80 million dollars in lost wages, it's just as intellectually unsupportable to say "he should never ply his trade again based on what he has done".

IMO Vick should be free to negotiate his release from the Falcons, and then try and catch on with a team, if that is what he wants, I also think the Commish should suspend him for 6 games after he signs, if he signs with a team.

How has he lost 80 mil in wages? I don't buy the fact that was making 80 mil in two years.

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
May 20, 2009, 09:55 AM

"steveincolorado wrote:

How has he lost 80 mil in wages? I don't buy the fact that was making 80 mil in two years.

Maybe when you factor in all the potential income he lost when his Dogfighting scheme got exposed?

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 20, 2009, 10:05 AM

"steveincolorado wrote:

How has he lost 80 mil in wages? I don't buy the fact that was making 80 mil in two years.

Mike Vick was a one man endorsement machine, everything from Nike to his jersey being the largest selling one two years ago, and his contract was voided and he has to pay back his signing bonus.

He had just signed a 107 million dollar deal.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
May 20, 2009, 12:04 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Mike Vick was a one man endorsement machine, everything from Nike to his jersey being the largest selling one two years ago, and his contract was voided and he has to pay back his signing bonus.

He had just signed a 107 million dollar deal.

Maybe he could endorse dog crap bags now:shifty:

brandon27brandon27Supporter
May 20, 2009, 05:53 PM

"opfinistic wrote:

Personally I think it's the inhumanity he displayed when he tortured and killed those dogs, The things he did were disgusting and the news coverage was very explicit. Dogs are 'Man's Best Friend' and he really violated the spirit of that sentiment. Personally, as a dog owner, and one who abhors the torture of those who cannot protect themselves, I would be satisfied if some PETA loony put a bullet in him.

While I understand that, me and my gf have a black lab, will be a year come... well early june. I love moose to death, and I see your point.

"padre31 wrote:

Two wrongs only make it more wrong b27, pointing to L Little to bolster Vick is doesn't work well intellectually (to me at least).

Im not doing it to justify what Vick did, or anything along those lines. I hate what Vick did, i think he's scum for it. Likewise with Leonard Little. But the fact remains that Little took another persons life.

"steveincolorado wrote:

Being a dog owner, I value my dog over any human. I've lost 2 dogs in about 2 1/2 years, they are my family.

I respect your opinion Steve, but even over your wife/girlfriend? Parents?

I love our dog tons, but if it comes to having to decide whether my mother/father/girlfriend or whatever lives, or the dog... Sorry Moose... youre SOL. There is nothing more valuable in this world than human life IMO. However, to each their own. I respect all of your opinions. :up:

Oh, and look at me mastering the multi-quote function! :lol:


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

finsergfinsergNew Member
May 20, 2009, 07:37 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Can he have a cat?

I guess lol :tongue2:

finsergfinsergNew Member
May 20, 2009, 07:38 PM

"steveincolorado wrote:

Being a dog owner, I value my dog over any human. I've lost 2 dogs in about 2 1/2 years, they are my family.

Your dogs are dropping like flys,take them to the vet already :tantrum:

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
May 20, 2009, 09:07 PM

"opfinistic wrote:

Maybe when you factor in all the potential income he lost when his Dogfighting scheme got exposed?

True, because there is no way he was making 40 mil a year from football.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
May 20, 2009, 09:10 PM

"finserg wrote:

Your dogs are dropping like flys,take them to the vet already :tantrum:

Max was almost 16 when he passed on and Pudy was almost 14.:wink2:

finsergfinsergNew Member
May 21, 2009, 03:10 PM

"steveincolorado wrote:

Max was almost 16 when he passed on and Pudy was almost 14.:wink2:

Oh you mention in 2 1/2 year spand ,it hard mines went at 15 and there like a son to me. :cry: I still miss him and its been 7 yrs