1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very interesting Dolphin playoff scenario..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Dec 16, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Okay albeit it is NEVER going to happen and I admit it, but it could possibly happen...

This week......Jets to Pitt lose 9-5, and Dolphins win against the Lo 8-6

Week after next....Jets lose to da Bears 9-6, and Dolphins win against the Lions 9-6

Last week....Jets play the Lo (which is the impossiblity to lose right? :shifty:)

and the Dolphins play the Pats...okay loss there right??

Consider this.......They (Pats) will have home field advantage throughout wrapped up, the Division is wrapped up, nothing to play for....

Does Bellacheat want to screw over the Jets?? Maybe he runs more, maybe he calls off the blitzes? plays a soft/prevent coverage? Not saying he gives the game away cuz that isnt his nature, but makes it more feasible at least to win it...

I think he doesnt do that, that isnt his nature, he plays to always win, and always just believes that it doesnt matter who they play....but it does make it an interesting watch...

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We have been speculating about that for some time now FY, maybe BB tweaks the Jets noses by allowing us to back into the playoffs?

3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    It makes sense....Miami probably is the less tougher team to play in the playoffs...just saying...

4. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    If the jets lose the next 2 games and we win 2 in a row, I think one could make the argument that at week 17 we would in fact be considered the hotter/tougher team. I think if Sanchez keeps imploding and we find ways to win these games, BB would rather play the struggling jets in the playoffs

Moves and finyank13 like this.
  5. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    We lose a 10-6 tie breaker to the Jets.

Besting the Pats without Jets losing to Bills makes no difference

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    only reason I say that is because of the cold weather thing...also what if miami squeaks by the next 2, like they did against the Jets, and the Jets lose on say last second FG's, but played good enough to win....:lol:

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    negative if the Jets lose to the Bills, tie breaker goes to Miami....via a 4-2 AFC East record for Miami, as opposed to 3-3 for the Jets...