1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon/NFL on verge of 4yr/$1 billion deal

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by UCFinfan86, Jun 4, 2013.

1. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Not sure if this should go here so feel free to move it.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Da...:"38048_1370350691_350528748","pt":"twitter"}

In my opinion this could be a huge deal, especially for me. I live in Jacksonville and only get a few fins games on TV each season and usually have to head to the bar to watch the games. My wife just gave birth to our first daughter last week, so those trips to the bar will likely be done. I already have Verizon, so as long as you don't have to have some special expensive plan this could be huge.

Even though this wouldn't begin until 2014 it would help give me and other out of towners an alternative way to watch the games. I was going to search for other ways to watch the games online or via phone for this season.

This deal is alot of money for Verizon to pay, but you have to figure that alot of people would switch to Verizon for this service. I already mentioned this to a few friends who don't currently have Verizon and said they would switch if this indeed happens.

Larry Little likes this.
  2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Meh. I already signed a Lifetime, $0 contract with the internet to watch any game I want.

ToneyTone, HugeFinFan, TiP54 and 4 others like this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Whaaaaaat?

Sent from my phone using Fapatalk 2

4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

KingMo not know this was Nigerian Scam

Fin-Omenal and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  5. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I could be wrong, but my understanding is that it doesn't work like Sunday Ticket. What they will stream is just the local televised game on CBS and FOX. And it'll just be on your phone.

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I havent paid more than $30 for nfl ticket in 5 years.....just have to get a hold of the right customer service rep at Directv.

7. PapaC

PapaC New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    mooresville, NC
    ?????

8. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Oh, i wasn't aware it would work like that. That doesn't really add much value then if that is the case.

9. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    NFL ticket still only directv?

Can I get NFL ticket on ps3?

10. JdReimon

JdReimon New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Dominican Republic
    I'm excited to see if they will have subscription services on the new Xbox One, it would seem that Microsoft would do something with its 400m investment (I believe it bought them exclusivity).
    E3 the gaming conference is on June 10 , maybe we will here some more news there.

11. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...ree-to-stream-cbs-fox-games-on-phones-in-2014

Doesn't help out-of-towners at all.

To me this wouldn't be a draw unless I was always gone on Sundays. More emergency use, because who wants to watch a football game on a 5 inch screen. And I'd imagine you'd want a robust data plan if you're going to use it.

Paul 13 likes this.
  12. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    It's a Sunday salesman's dream come true. :yes:
    If this passes we'll hear a loud cheer from every car dealership in the country.

13. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    yikes... what an epic waste of money for Verizon. Glad I don't own any of their stock.

14. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Yes! you can now get Sunday ticket on your ps3, without the need for a dish. This is by far the best option ( if your not already stuck with directtv). I'm a Verizon customer, but I spend my Sunday's primarily watching football. The way i see it, If youd care enough to buy the package, you probably have better arrangements for watching the game on Sundays.

Put in on home devices like tablets and you've got something relevant. If you can access your account to watch Verizon on demand on your tablets.. It should work for your nfl pass too. DirectTv let's you watch Sunday ticket through their app. Imagine having the phins game on tv and flipping through all the other games on your tablet !

As it stands for me, this is only useful for watching the beginning of the 4:00 games on my ride out of the stadium. I have to agree, epic waste of money. I don't think that many people are eager to watch Sunday football on their telephones.

15. With the new reports out about the government able to listen to any Verizion phone conversations I think I will just stay away.

16. Don't kid yourself they are tracking all our phones

17. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

18. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    they've been doing it since 2006 so it's
    [​IMG]
    then
    [​IMG]

19. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Now?

[​IMG]

resnor, unluckyluciano and shula_guy like this.
  20. lol

21. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    he looks mexican..................................... damnit.

22. Well he is an illegal