1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanderbilt beat Boston College, Thank God

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Jaydog57, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    The Commodores won their first bowl game since 1955 against the hated Boston College team, hated especially if you're a Canes fan. Doug Flutie is sad right now, it's a good day.:theu:

2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yea, I was proud of them, I have a friend thats Vandy alum, I know he's happy tonight.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Anybody know whats the diagnosis of D.J. Moore's injury?

4. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I WAS THERE! Three rows off the field. With the AFC East Championship and Vandy winning this is probably the greatest football week of my entire life!!!

GO VANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Straz, Oboy, Jaydog57 and 1 other person like this.
  5. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Well as a canes fan, in bowl games I root for our Conference (except in the case of the Semi-Wholes) because we need a good conference showing. Since all ACC teams this year had 3 losses or more, people were saying we are a weak conference and maybe we should lose our automatic "BCS" Bowl status......losing all these games will only add fuel to that fire.

IMO it was not a good thing that Miami, BC, GT and others have lost, and in the case of GT looked like they didn't belong. It will cause a lot of consternation if we do lose that automatic BCS berth.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  6. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I hear what you're saying, I guess I'm still a little bitter about the sorry *** excuse for a "play to remember", as ESPN calls it, that Flutie made back in the day. They show that damn game on EPSN Classic every year during football season. How hard is it to chuck the ball down the field and hope one of your players catches the ball? And then you get a Heisman for it?:shifty:
    Anyways, maybe the Canes will be better next year, and hopefully Flutie will still be talking about the good old days while broadcasting. Hope you had a nice New Years man, see 'ya round the board!:hi5::theu:

PMZQ likes this.
  7. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Its especially annoying because Kordell Stewarts hail mary was much more dramatic and much longer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQsRLdhfBkw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQsRLdhfBkw&feature=related[/ame]

8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Dont sweat it bro, conference dominance changes like the wind...the big ten was pretty dominant early in the 2000's, the Sec has had a run and the tide has turned to the Big 12...its a vicious cycle.

9. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Yea, because the big 12 has shown it's dominance in the bowls this year.

Oboy and Skeet84 like this.
  10. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Yeah because Texas Tech really showed Ole Miss that the SEC is down this year! :up:

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think me, you and BK were the only ones who had Ole Miss in this game. Fin-Omenal had TT by a large margin IIRC. :hi5:

Skeet84 likes this.
  12. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Who would have thought that Spurrier and Saban would be the coaches to let down the SEC thus far? As a Vandy grad/fan, I just love that . . . even though I was hoping for a SEC bowl sweep this year.

13. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    congrats bro. :hi5:

Frayser likes this.
  14. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Oh I forgot the SEC is the greatest conference ever and thats the bottom line, sorry for giving props to the 12 for a great year......

What was I thinking.

15. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    The SEC is on a down year this year, it would be silly to argue otherwise. But please, the Big 12 is overhyped and not the best conference. Now I'm not sure which conference is the best. I wouldn't say the best, but I am willing to give props to the Mountain West.

16. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

4 of the top 5 players in the country according to Heisman voters believe come from the Big 12.

Oklahoma who is going to the dance is from the big 12...the team that beat them and deserves it more is from the big 12.

I know tech layed an egg but that does not take away the Big 12's great season because lots of teams lay an egg after all that time off(see Ohio State).

Not everyone agree's with me that the 12 is on top but alot of people do, and the ones who dont tend to be SEC fans who fail to realize while there conference is good it simply was not the best this year, and boy are they defensive!

17. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Actually if you go just by Bowl games... the Pac10 is still undefeated (5-0). However, I am the first to admit the Bowls do not always show how good a team is. Suspensions, players already looking towards the draft, and some just do not care.

The Big12 did have a GREAT year. I personally think they are over-rated. I think their top two are really good. But as a whole conference I think they are vastly over rated. The SEC is not as dominant as it once was, but heck some of our bottom teams beat ACC runner up in BC AND Ole Miss crushed the once #1 TT.

Skeet84 likes this.
  18. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Agree with the whole post. However we will know alot more after the national title game

Oboy likes this.