1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vance Joseph on Suh

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    (You spoke of DT Ndamukong Suh being a great person, a great leader this year. His teammates have said he’s been more of a leader this year in terms of speaking more. Was that a conversation you or Head Coach Adam Gase had with him in the offseason encouraging that?) “Yes, because he asked what more can he do to help us win. We told him being a leader, because he does things right. Sometimes guys who are doing things right, sometimes they’re kind of on their own doing it right, and that helps us win also. But having a young football team, he had to be more vocal. He had to spread his wisdom to Jordan (Phillips) and those guys more often than he has in the past. So he’s been great at that. He’s a constant professional as far as taking care of his body, as far as how he studies. His football IQ is very high. So the more he shares with those young kids, the better they’re going to be in the future.”

(Have you seen DT Ndamukong Suh [sharing his wisdom] in action with some young players? Because him and DT Jordan Phillips ran out together on their player introduction the other day. It seems like it is rubbing off.) “Absolutely. He’s been great with Jordan. He’s been great with Nick (Williams) and the room. It’s a veteran room for the most part, but Jordan is kind of the young guy in the room that needs guidance, and he’s been great with Jordan. Jordan is going to be a great player in the future. But he needs support from Suh. He needs a guy to kind of mentor him through this process.”

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Good to hear about him mentoring Jordan. He flashes brilliance but then goes through dry spells. Probably conditioning. If he can go 100 percent for sixty minutes I think we'll have another great DT

3. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Will be interesting what they can do on the run defense side tomorrow. I think they have to dare them to throw and stack the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Good point. I'm actually confident in our CBs this game. I'm not so confident in the over-the-middle stuff with our LBs and backend guys, but I'm less worried about the CBs now than ever. I just hope Maxwell suits up in case of injury.