1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vampire unearthed

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by dolfan06, Mar 16, 2009.

1. dolfan06

dolfan06 New Member

May 19, 2008
    Arkansas
    during an archaeological dig in rome a body of a woman was unearthed. she had been burned at the stake and buried in a mass grave with plague victims with a brick between her jaws. it was believed that the vampires corpse could feed on the other dead bodies.

vampire

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Thanks. I'm interested in most things vampire (note: if we're talking novel vampires I'm more "Anne Rice" than I am "whoever the hell wrote the Twilight series"). Will post my thoughts after reading the article.

edit:

interesting article. touched on something that usually happens in novels and stories in which that something devastating happens to an area and it's reported to be vampires. there is actually a decent bit of scientific evidence that support claims that vampires are real; but it's a bit different than what you may be thinking.

there are believed by some to be several kinds of vampires but to narrow it down a bit i'll stick with the two that are pertinent to this post. there's one type: a blood drinker. they're your typical blood vampires. they find people who consent to donate their blood for them to drink. there are psy-vampires who believe that instead of drinking blood they need 'mental energy', 'chi', whatever you want to call it.. in order to get their fix.

anyway, i could go into more..

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    reading Pandora right now....

4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Awesome!

Hey Gap, I wasn't an Anne Rice vampire fan, they were kinda too girly for me to deal with. If you're in the mood to see a completely different take on the classic vampire check out author Brian Lumley's Necroscope series. Last I remember there were 9 or 10 books in it.

I stand corrected a full 15 books now. Wow. I read the first 10, through the Lost Years and they were cool as hell, a great twist on an ancient legend.

gafinfan and anlgp like this.
  5. anlgp

I haven't read pandora. It's not part of the original series of vampire chronicles it's a spinoff; but the vampire pandora is a very awesome vampire in the story.

thanks

6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    :up:

7. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    under your avatar it should read;

"have a siezure on me"

opfinistic likes this.
  8. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    alot of serial killings were believed to have been the start of the werewolf/vampire stories...................

9. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    I could switch it to the much less epileptic:

[​IMG]

cnc66 likes this.
  10. anlgp

what are you saying you're getting off scot free? :shifty:

11. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    this is not the lounge

12. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    it makes sense really when you think about it. they would come across a body ripped to shreds, badly beaten with teeth marks, more start to appear. They cant fathom a human doing that to a body so they invent a demon, a monster something of that sort.....

USArmyFinFan likes this.
  13. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Yeah, these people need to be put into a mental institution somewhere and get help.

14. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

Just got the first book..Necroscope.
    Thick and wordy looking.:lol: