1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Religion as a shield: The Ray Lewis Story

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    FTR I like Ray Lewis as an athlete, one of the greatest LBs of all time and all that jazz.
    And if he wants to be religious well thats fine too.

Except when he uses it to duck questions like about a certain murder and taking PEDs.

Ok that one is brilliant, act like a crazy person and no one asks anymore questions, unless he actually beleives what he is saying, then he is a crazy person.

Oh its "God's will" the ultimate deflection.

Cant he just say "no comment"? It doesnt make him any less suspicious.

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I like when people raise the question of PED's in football. The fact anyone, and I mean anyone to include cockroaches and single celled organisms appears shocked that any NFL player would be on steriods is a bit much. I mean seriously, no one finds it odd that there just seem to be a plethora of large, built like brick **** houses type of athletes who enjoy extreme physical contact seems to come down the pipe in these numbers? 300 plus are drafted every year, even more never make it yet most are amazing physical specimens.

The odds that this many people can be this way, with each year there being a new crop of bigger and faster must be outlandish. Does everyone really believe that everyone of these guys just popped out with these genetics?

People should be more surprised to hear that an athlete at this level isn't using PED's. Just the money involved in these contracts will encourgae PED use to stay, and or get to the top.

MrClean, SICK and Boik14 like this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Sadly you are correct Con. The NFL (and all sports leagues) can say what they want about their testing but the drugs have to come first before you can test for them.

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    No way, Con & Boik, these guys obviously quit when they get to the NFL. Look at Laron Landry at LSU and now.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SICK likes this.
  5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    In all fairness the before and afters aren't really evidence to me. What I think you need to look at is how rapidly they put on the muscle.

6. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't see any puffiness or water retention, do you? :shifty:

[​IMG]

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I would be shooting up just to look like that. Now there's millions of dollars involved? Where do I sign?

ToddPhin likes this.
  8. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    does the above suffice?

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    no.

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I happen to agree with Lewis in his response.

That was over a decade ago, and has nothing at all to do with the super bowl.

11. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    There's little doubt HGH is rampant in the NFL. There is no real test for it. How does Adrian Peterson heal that quickly? Maybe he truly is a freak. On some level, most likely true. But there's no doubt in my mind HGH was involved in speeding up the recovery process. He's no different than any other NFL player.

Your playing in the NFL, running your body full speed into another body. It's like running into a wall. These guys are all yaked up. Let's not kid ourselves.

12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I saw it at the division 2 level in football, HGH use, in a small north carolina college with a smaller student base than my high school. Of course its in the nfl.

ToddPhin likes this.
  13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    As far as the god topic..it's a sensitive one for me because of some experiences that I've had in life.

There is a quote in a nikki manaj song where she says, "I'm not lucky, I'm blessed"

This to me not only infuriates me more than any other topic, but I think the person is completely ignorant and unintelligent for saying so..

I sometimes hear the same type of context with athletes when they say they want to thank god for giving them the talent to play the game..

This is wrong, this is ignorant, this is stupid, and this type of comment is hurtful..

How dare you state that god gave you a physical talent over children who are born in wheelchairs, or paralysis, or completely mentally and physically challenged from birth..

How do you think those kids feel when they here such things from physical specimens or people who were born with great physical traits... for christs sake, they never had a chance in life, how do you think they interpret that?..those people are basically saying that god chose them to be better than ones who never had a chance..it's fu&$ ing disgusting and irresponsible.

I'll tell you...it can hurt them, real bad, it can depress them, it can make them angry and question their existence.

It's a topic I feel should be more discussed in an open forum so I appreciate FF starting a dialogue.

I remember cam newton saying it in an interview...I hate him for it, and It's not surprising to me the all the crap that fool has done since entering the league..

Why No one tells these fools that claim that god purposely gave them a specific physical talent could be hurtful to children that never had a chance is beyond me...their stupid too.

"I'm not lucky, I'm blessed"

No..your fu&$ing lucky..

MrClean and ToddPhin like this.
  14. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    yeah he's natural. :lol:

[​IMG]

15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I used to stick the needle into body builders, he's on Roids or serious doses of hgh, you can tell by the change in his facial features as well, bones in the face are starting to protrude..dead red flag..guy looks like he was born in the dinosaur age..

ToddPhin likes this.
  16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    You wanna know what steroids can do for you..it can make stupid GMs give you a contract in the first round..see Aaron Maybin..

17. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    :chuckle:
    That's quite a revealing nickname you have for it, Deej. :p