1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA Today: Five NFL'ers with big playoff impact (Chad Henne)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Nice to see Henne getting some love, and deservedly so.

Link: Here

dolphindebby, Bpk, dolfan7171 and 3 others like this.
  2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    The other 4 players are Tony Romo, Elvis Dumervil, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Charles Woodson. That's good company.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    It would be MUCH better company if Romo were to invite his ex-girlfriends. :lol:

4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    im impressed that hennes managed 9 tds with this rag tag bunch of wrs and tes.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I'd agree with the good company bit except Tony Romo. I think he's over rated.

Bpk likes this.
  6. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Romo is quietly having a very solid year. He has really been a quiet leader for Dallas this year, and is playing with a different mentality, i.e., not so much of the risk-taker/gunslinger. He's doing really well this year.

7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Dallas is leading their division right now and they have to be the quietest division leaders in the league. No ones talking about them. I never thought id say that about dallas...

dolfan7171 likes this.
  8. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.
    They want to make sure that Dallas makes it through December first. Oh by the way Romo will be holding on kicks again.

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Because he's a mother****ing Robot.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  10. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

if we game plan the next 4 games like we did the pats I see Henne's numbers jumpin from 1800 yards to 3000

dolfan7171 likes this.
  11. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    This is what I wrote yesterday morning about Henne but hadn't posted it yet:

The key player to the success of the next 4 games is none other than Chad Henne. He is the one player on offense that is capable of leading us, the one player capable of overcoming any deficits that the defense may put us in. However, he is also the player who has the most negative influence possible on our offense, specifically turnovers and sacks. His play is instrumental to us going 4-0 over the next 4 games, and likely making the playoffs. If he falters, I do not expect us to win. That is not to say we can’t win if he falters, just I find it less likely. Should he have more turnovers than TDs in any given game, I do not like our chances. Although Ricky is running well, he is 32, and we have not shown that there is a back behind him that is able to share the load. Not to mention, as evidenced by last game, that it will likely be the passing game that will likely lead us from behind in the 2nd half of games. I expect us to win, until we lose. That’s how I feel right now about this team. I know they can go 4-0. We can beat anyone when we are on our game, however we are just as capable to blow those games (see Indy, NO, Buff). Obviously the game against Jax is the most important. Not only to the team’s mentality, but because they are currently holding the 6th playoff spot. If we win this game, we may be able to ride that emotion through the rest of the year. At the very least it should give us the drive and determination to keep pushing in these coming weeks. If we lose, I fear 2-2 will be the best we do over the next 4. Aside from beating Jax, the best thing we can hope for is that the 3 other teams we face lose. While not likely in each case, a loss for Pitt will almost assuredly deny them a playoff spot. And despite them likely wanting to finish strong, players who are hurting (Ward and maybe Big Ben) may be given time to rest. A loss for Houston and Tennessee prior to our games will just hurt morale more, especially for a team like Houston who has continually shown to be just not quite good enough. If we do make the playoffs, I am sure we can make it to the Super Bowl. But again, we’ll likely only go as far as Chad Henne can take us. We really need for the New England game to be a bit of a spring board for the rest of the season (for Henne and Henning). Having him complete 58%+ each game, and 6+ YPA (10+ YPC) will be essential in the playoffs. Obviously protecting the ball is important as well, but I am sure he knows that. We just have to have faith that the coaches are going to put our players in a position to succeed and that those players make the most of those opportunities. This is not a time to be timid, or cute. It’s either win and you’re in, or we’re going home to be stuck at home come mid-January. And I really want us to be in.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  12. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Well said :up:

13. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Worth noting that TWO players on that list are quarterbacks, BOTH built by David Lee, our QB coach. He was Romo's QB coach in Dallas.

David Lee is a good QB coach.

dolfan7171 and 2k5 like this.