1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA Today article on Marshall

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Jun 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: HERE

dolfan7171, Larry Little and HULKFish like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    A good write up Colmax, though I tend to think the existing Wr corps was not really used to their potential due to Sparano's no turnover/control the clock ethic.

3. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Well, you have to think about it this way:

We had Henne (an unknown at the time) who was running the O. Sparano, albeit, who is not as bad as Wannstache in that he plays 'vanilla' with a lead, still preaches what you just pointed out: ball/clock control.

I honestly think that Miami would've unleashed Henne this year without Marshall; and we would have had a chance to see what this WR corps is made of (thankfully, we do have Marshall).

The interesting thing is that, now, we might have too many WRs on the team. It will be something to see these guys compete for roster spots. I think this team intentionally goes for redundancy at positions and lets the best man win. We saw that same thing with Sparano's first year when Camarillo stuck (and rightfully so).

Will be fun to watch TC!

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I like what I see
    however, consider:
    1) our QB is an unproven bull
    2) we have built the team to run the ball. we were 4th in the league last year.
    3) our Receiving Corp holds much promise w/ the addition of Marshall but overall is still developing

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I really like Joey Haynos, it is yr #3 for him, he has added 20 pds of muscle since college, and is 6'7, he makes for a fascinating player.

6. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I'm really starting to get intrigued by Incognito. This teacher's pet has been hyped so much that every article has every guard not named Incognito competing for the left guard spot.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This was the article I was trying to tell you about the other day...The comments from Marshall about his excitement for our run game get's me hyped.

padre31 likes this.
  8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No worries Deej, I just thought it was the cheap sake' talking anyway..:D

Did some digging on Joe(y) Haynos:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2008/profi...profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

I know this was about BMarsh, but Haynos could really benefit from his presence on the outside of the formation, notice the article mentions he added "50 pds" since coming into the MD program?

And he could gain 15 more? Haynos added 20 pds since college and could easily fill out a bit more, the article compares him to ex Colt Ben Utecht, I think he could be a better Red Zone target than Utecht and probably a better TE/Tackle with Sparano riding him.

He is 6'6, BMarsh is 6'4, Hartline is 6'2, that is why my sigline changed, the guys I really like such as Grice Mullen are 6'0 in the land of giants down in Davie, anyone not 6'0 is a liliputian.