1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Prayer Request-Great News!

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by The Rev, Aug 29, 2009.

1. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

Update 10-01-09

My apologies for the long post but this is a good story....

After almost 5 weeks (August 28th to be exact), my mom is due to be released today to a rehab hospital. There are some miracles that bear mentioning since you have been praying for her and/or keeping good thoughts.

As of Sunday (August 27th), I was speaking to doctors about possible feeding tubes (pegs) being placed in her stomach because her breathing had become so erratic that she might aspirate on the food and die. They were also telling me that she might need to be intubated again which would lead to a tracheotomy soon afterward. She was spiraling downward with no end in sight

I walk in Monday and she is sitting on a chair with a regular oxygen mask and doing better than ever and has since improved to the point of being released today. The doctors cannot explain it. But I can. God said "That's enough. Your mom has been through enough." That was our second miracle (the first being her surviving the accident).

The other news is that despite the doctor's prognosis a month ago of paralysis below the sternum, she has begun to have sensation in both legs. The only explanation the spinal team has is that the spine is not severed and that swelling in the spine has gone down to the point where there might be "some" sensations felt in the leg. My explanation: God is not done with her, yet. That is why the doctors want to move on it quickly and transfer her to a rehab hospital from the Neuro-ICU instead of to a regular floor. If we can just get her to feel her bodily urges or (dare I dream) be able to stand, that would be amazing. That is the third miracle.

The only rehab hospital that is recommended besides Jackson (which is not on her insurance) is a hospital that provides therapies for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week and once on weekends. It has a good track record with spinal cord patients. I went to check it out today and in the process of speaking to the Admissions Director about my mom's accident, it turns out that she read a prayer request on an email about my mom and has been praying for her ever since. Not only that, she is the sister of a good friend from church and is not going to charge us extra for a private room. In fact, she is going above and beyond to try to take care of my mom's needs before she gets there. That is the fourth miracle.

My mom's insurance is notorious for NEVER approving this facility. My mom will be the first approved to use this facility for as long as she needs it. The admissions director and my mom's social worker are dumbfounded. But, by this point, I just smile and say thank you. That is the fifth miracle.

In other words, God is good my friends...all the time. He is faithful and will always find a way to let us know He is there. We just have to have faith. Please keep praying for us. Who knows what other miracles await our family. :wink2:

GB
    Raul

2. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Praise the Lord Raul.
    I'm am so thrilled to hear this good news.
    God is good all the time--and all the time God is good.

May He continue to pour blessings on you, your mom and your family.

Ohiophinphan and The Rev like this.
  3. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Thanks be to God!!

This is glorious news, my friend. It gladdens my heart to hear it.

God be with you and your family..
    Rick

Ohiophinphan and dolphindebby like this.
  4. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

Again, great news my dear friend, great news indeed! Praise God for the blessings.

dolphindebby and The Rev like this.
  5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    I will be praying for your mom. Hope she has a speedy recovery. May God bless you and your family.