1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Updated] Phillip Merling Arrested

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinishLine, May 27, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Cutting Matt Roth was a stupid move IMO.....Marshall and Phillip freaking Merling arent even in the same discussion, what has this guy done?? anything?? he has started 3 games in 3 years!!!!.....cut his ar*e, and send a message, this Miami player arrest crap has to stop now.....4 times since the SB?? e-------nough.....although I do agree they wont...

2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    BM's girl wasnt prego either was she?? and to be fair to BM, she got arrested before as well for the samething, those two beat on each other....that being said BM SHOULDNT HAVE HIT HIS WOMAN, and he was stupid for it, absolutly, however they are both at fault...

This clown(Merling) is just smacking down pregnant boitches for the fun of it apparently....hope that isnt the case, but seems like it...

3. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I agree. Way too early to pass judgment. Also, no matter what the outcome, I doubt we cut or trade Merling after one offense.

Once again this does bring up an issue that is very disconcerting. Violence among pro athletes, particularly NFL players, is becoming more and more common. Their aggression from the gridiron is spilling over into their personal lives. It makes being a fan less fun when you know stuff like this about the guys you're rooting for.

The rookie symposium is great and all but I am starting to think that every NFL team should employ a therapist and require their athletes to get counseling.

Anonymous likes this.
  4. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Very true.

Merling is a very good rotational player and you needs guys like that on the defensive line. You would expect more out of a 1st round pick which is really what Merling was. However he is far from a bust. If we got Merling in the 4th round he would be considered an excellent draft pick.

Also there is a very real possibility that he is playing out of position. Merling may be better suited to DE in a 4-3 defense.

Anonymous likes this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Merling doesn't suck. And he isn't a bust. He's a solid player who is an important peice for our rotation. Cutting him would be a mistake, imo.

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Is he a bust, not yet, but on his way, does he suck? No, anybody that plays in the NFL doesnt suck...but again what has he done whether it be as a starter (Week 17 Pitt game) or as a rotational player to make you think he is that important, besides pick that ball off for a TD in 08?? Matt Roth was way more important, look at Wake, rotational player....this guy has underachieved for 2 years now, and will probably get beat out by Odrick anyway....

He isnt a solid player, or he would be a clear cut starter for 2 years, he has been a solid disappointment however....and now if convicted, will likely face punishment by Jolly Roger.....

He CANNOT beat up on O-Linemen, so he goes and beats his girl......awesome...maybe he found out Odrick was the real deal in OTA, and coaching staff likes him better, and flipped....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    He has been a solid rotational player. He hasn't met expectations, but he has been solid. He's having a slow start to his career, but then again, so did Randy Starks. And we all know how he turned out.

Merling will be a Dolphin come September.

8. princekong2

princekong2 New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    im starting to think our FO can tell the future
    Odrick theres a shinning light on you

9. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Just as a reminder to those who have said he has done nothing.
    [​IMG]

Still no excuse for his alleged despicable actions. But they are still alleged.

10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    What a bummer. Not the greatest of starts to the make it or break it year for Merling...

11. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

I think Jermichael Finley will be considered the best TE in the NFL at some point in his career. That guy is a freak. Can you imagine him playing for the Dolphins now, with the squad we have???

I'm talkin' Super Bowl. :up:

EDIT: As for Merling...I think he sticks on the roster this year. I doubt we just give up on the big body #32 overall pick a couple of years ago so soon.

12. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    If it was wrong to hit a girl tom brady would never have been sacked

Dolphinsfan69 likes this.
  13. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Shame on all of you calling him out.
    He may have been a D-bag. He may have not.

I've seen crazy *****es beat the hell out of the boyfriend and then smack themselves. They always win. The man goes to jail no matter the story. That is how it works.

Lets call him names after we have facts.

felly smarts and Ozzy like this.
  14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Suddenly I feel the urge to get a taser for next time I take a chick seriously

15. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    After this off-season I'm not sure we can pick on the Bengals when it comes to that anymore.

I really don't see a big difference between hitting a 2 month pregnant girl in the face and hitting a girl who isn't pregnant, both are pretty bad. Guess we'll have to wait to hear the details on this one, getting tired of hearing "another Miami Dolphin arrested" on ESPN.

16. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Maybe shes a crazy one and hit herself then called the cops on him because he was messing around

17. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

My friends woman got him locked up 3 times and the last one landed him a year. Never laid a hand on her. Dumb dumb got out and went right back with her though....

18. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Sure it is...that's why there is a flag thrown every time somebody farts next to him.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
  20. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    They gave him some Moet and Strawberries while he was inside. They also let him try on a Police hat and play with the desk sergeant's gun (double entendre intended).

MikeHoncho likes this.