[Updated] Dolphins workout, sign Chad Ochocinco

205 replies

dgb11112dgb11112New MemberOP
Jun 9, 2012, 02:52 PM

Hey Folds I just saw this and I think it's nice we are at
least looking at him. He still has the physical skills at least.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2544/chad-ochocinco

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 02:53 PM

But why didn't we work out Plaxico? His 3 TD game was more than Ocho had all year, if memory serves...

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 02:54 PM

meh

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jun 9, 2012, 03:05 PM

How did he do in the attention-whoring drills?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

dgb11112dgb11112New Member
Jun 9, 2012, 03:18 PM

Unlike Plax, Ocho still has speed and physical skills outside of just the redzone.

LandShark13LandShark13New Member
Jun 9, 2012, 03:23 PM

"dgb11112 wrote:

Unlike Plax, Ocho still has speed and physical skills outside of just the redzone.

Really? He had the best QB in the game last year in a pass heavy offense and all he could muster is 15 receptions and one TD.

Glad we are taking a look I guess but no reason to be to excited about the possibility.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Jun 9, 2012, 03:35 PM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

But why didn't we work out Plaxico? His 3 TD game was more than Ocho had all year, if memory serves...

I think Ochocino's skillset is a much better fit than Burress' for the offense. Burress is really limited in the routes he can run.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 03:58 PM

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 03:59 PM

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 03:59 PM

"Stringer Bell wrote:

I think Ochocino's skillset is a much better fit than Burress' for the offense. Burress is really limited in the routes he can run.

Whereas Ocho just runs whatever route he feels like, regardless of where he's supposed to be.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

jboogiejboogieForum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 04:01 PM

First I was like

Now I'm like
GIFSoup

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jun 9, 2012, 04:13 PM

Waste of time

RIP Jetssuck

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jun 9, 2012, 04:16 PM

Ocho isn't scheduled to WO.
Ocho heard we were picked for Hard Knocks on HBO and immediately issued a press release about working out for us, kidnapped his agent and jumped on a plane to Phins HQ. :lol:

RIP Jetssuck

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 04:39 PM

It's just a workout but with our group of receivers being fairly unknown other than Bess and Hartline, I don't think it'd be a bad signing.

GreysonWinfieldGreysonWinfieldNew Member
Jun 9, 2012, 04:53 PM

Watch who you call a fold.

One game at a time: Your 2016 Miami Dolphins.
A team without leadership, players without heart: Your 2015 Miami Dolphins.
Carrying on a decade plus of underachieving and mediocrity: Your 2014 Miami Dolphins.
Pissing on your dreams and tearing your heart out: Your 2013 Miami Dolphins.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Jun 9, 2012, 04:59 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

Whereas Ocho just runs whatever route he feels like, regardless of where he's supposed to be.

I don't particularly agree. His route running isnt very good but he can run a lot more than 9 routes and fades.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Jun 9, 2012, 05:31 PM

we have absolutely nothing to lose if he is still viable on the playing field

1) he will come @ a bargain price
2) we only have two real starters
3) the stable is filled with projects, possibilities & late round picks

let him compete, there will little if any opportunity cost to the newbies
the price & experience will be right. he has always wanted to play for the team
he is an ex- ProBowler has always been considered eccentric but a good teammate

if he has no demands,
can come in @ a reasonable price
& the work out goes well
why not give him a shot?

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jun 9, 2012, 05:35 PM

Watched a workou with ocho, mike Wallace and that other good Pitt wr and ocho was the most impressive.

Ocho doesn't just run the routes he wants he's just not as crisp. Took him a long time to grasp the patriot offense so he isn't the sharpest tool but he may still have a little value. Let's see what he has left b

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 9, 2012, 05:40 PM

"dgb11112 wrote:

Unlike Plax, Ocho still has speed and physical skills outside of just the redzone.

disagree, he's a shell of his former self.

Maybe it's an indictment on the receiver group, still don't think we will sign him, but I'm already surprised were working him out.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 06:13 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

disagree, he's a shell of his former self.

Maybe it's an indictment on the receiver group, still don't think we will sign him, but I'm already surprised were working him out.

What are you basing that on? You can't say the 2011 tape because he barely has any.

This is a simple offense according to our coaching staff (simple to understand but a fairly dense playbook) so maybe it's something that Ochocino can grasp. We don't know until we try him out and a try-out does not hurt. It's arrogant not to give him a try-out based on our current wide receiver corp.

EDIT: In the right offense, I think he could be a solid contributor like a Donald Driver... which is something we need. Bess and Hartline will be fine as the main two contributors in the passing game this year.

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 06:20 PM

More hard knocks fodder. Sigh

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
Jun 9, 2012, 07:05 PM

The guy runs good routes, and he's clearly not stupid. I'm curious what his real issue in New England was.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Jun 9, 2012, 07:18 PM

"Disgustipate wrote:

The guy runs good routes, and he's clearly not stupid. I'm curious what his real issue in New England was.

Maybe there wasn't a McDonald's close enough to the Pats' practice facility. I remember watching the Bengals Hard Knocks a few years ago, and Chad made no bones about how he is a devoted customer of McD's and eats there as often as possible. :yes:

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Jun 9, 2012, 07:25 PM

Heavy indictment of the current receivers group.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

jboogiejboogieForum Veteran
Jun 9, 2012, 07:30 PM

"Disgustipate wrote:

I'm curious what his real issue in New England was.

I always felt there were personal differences between him and Brady. He just didn't really seem to want to get him the ball for some reason.