1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unofficial Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Trades' started by GridIronKing34, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Kingdom

Kingdom Coming back disassembled.

Jun 25, 2012
    W.V.

Bazinga

2. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    I'm difficult to trade with.

3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    And then there is Boik...

lol JK Boik

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Yesus BK! WTF did I do? :escape:

5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    lol highlight my reply.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I did. Guess you missed the sarcasm in mine :console:

7. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    If I made an alt account, I sure as hell wouldn't have picked the Bears with it. :lol:

8. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I don't know it seemed sincere I didn't want to sour our trade relationship :lol:

Boik14 likes this.
  9. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Who needs an alt account when there is Alex anyways.

*ducks n' runs*

[​IMG]

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  10. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Alex has the all potential team. Should have traded him Dion :pity:

11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Looking at his roster although it didn't always feel a certain way looking at each individual trade, he has a good football team...certainly hasn't done a bad job by any means.

12. LeroyBoss

LeroyBoss New Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Seattle
    This sure has become a VERY unpopular trade. Jeez people, haha

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  13. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing :lol:

I do also have some established players though luckily.

14. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    This year has been a struggle honestly. Not a bad one, just tougher for me than last year somehow. I'm fairly happy with my roster though. There is a lot of youth there with potential and a few veterans to guide them.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  15. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    "Immature"? Are you saying adults are incapable of making poor decisions, engaging in bad behaviors, and committing crimes? I think any local police officer or prison guard would disagree. Winston's resume includes multiple accounts of defying authority, multiple run-ins with the law, theft, $4,000 worth of vandalism after he had already been warned by the police for the same activity on campus just hours earlier, sodomizing two girls, shooting pedestrians from an SUV with those same BB guns, befriending an incarcerated drug dealer facing Murder 1 charges whom Jameis immediately called after winning the Nat'l Championship, acting like a punk in public, insulting other programs on twitter, and showing up in full friggin' gear and then taking practice reps in a game he's suspended for. If Jameis were interviewing for any other big job, unrelated to football, like in the real world with the rest of us, no one would hire him. A reputable company with a modicum of employee standards wouldn't hire him as a janitor with his background minus the football star status. Actually, he'd have misdemeanor theft, felony vandalism, and felony rape in the 1st degree on his record, so the only job he'd have would be dependent on whether or not the State of Florida needs some license plates made.

There are millions of individuals who display poor judgement, antisocial behavior, impulsive behavior, and a failure to learn from experiences that have nothing to do with immaturity and everything to do with mental health. So what'sWinston's excuse for his actions? If you insist it's "immaturity", then tell me what the excuse is for such extreme immaturity, b/c Winston's behavior certainly isn't the norm or commonplace. Either he actively chose to act like a criminal/delinquent which engulfs him in a cloud of character concerns, or, like millions of others, he has a mental health illness causing him an inability to control his actions which raises an entirely different set of concerns.... because none it can be blamed on Winston not knowing the difference between right and wrong.

The delinquent was put on the ground by police [with their guns drawn] while catching him playing with a BB gun on campus; then 2 hours later he and his delinquent friends did 4k in damages to their apartment complex during a BB gun war. WHUT?! No respect for authority. He thinks he's above it, untouchable. Then he gets accused of rape [which he obviously committed]. You'd think that experience paired with the previous two would scare him straight, put him on his best behavior. Nope, not Jameis. A few months later he walks into Burger King, dishonestly asks for water, dumps it out, the gulps down cup after cup in front of an employee requesting him to stop which resulted in police involvement. Again, a total lack of respect toward authority, plus a disturbing sociopathic sense of self-entitlement b/c "I'm Jameis Winston, famous football player. I can do whatever the hell I want". I can't imagine the police, football program, nor university not reprimanding him about it and offering a warning, nor not doing so after the previous incidents. Does the message get across? Time to straighten up? Fear about the consequences of future transgressions? No, no, and no. He then gets caught stealing from Publix. Yet AGAIN an utter lack of respect for authority paired with yet another sociopathic display of self-entitlement. Excluding the rape, this was the fourth time the police were called on him. He should've been arrested and dismissed from the program for it, or for his repeated resistance to reform. Perhaps this 5th overall incident will be what finally gets through to him. Nope, not Winston, he carries too much self-entitlement for that. A couple months later he stands on a campus table and screams sexually offensive expletives that earned him a suspension. That was during this last football season. The delinquent hasn't gone a single football season w/o being a liability off the field.

Paul 13 and Finfangirl like this.
  16. LeroyBoss

LeroyBoss New Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Seattle
    I know I'm still relatively new to this (most likely the youngest member here) but I will continue to stand by the moves I have made. I am very satisfied with how I have ran my team so far, the criticism is fine, but don't think that I am just getting bullied out here with trades. I'd rather make a move that may be unpopular that I think will improve my team than make no moves at all and end up with basically the same roster.

ToddPhin, Fin-Omenal, Paul 13 and 2 others like this.
  17. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I say if you like the QB its a good move long term. Some people dont play for immediate voting, they play to look back later and see how they stacked up. So if he gets his chance and plays well it will look good in the end.

LeroyBoss likes this.
  18. jackbanks12

jackbanks12 New Member

Jan 15, 2015
    I think the real question is... why do you hate Jameis Winston so much?:tongue2:

ToddPhin and Paul 13 like this.
  19. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Sounds like you were saving that one.

Finfangirl and jackbanks12 like this.
  20. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I say its a good thing you bought low on a lot of guys. I felt you could have got a little more value on some trades but overall your doing a great job.

Alex44 likes this.
  21. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Oh crap. 6 paragraph Todd is back. Now ya'll done it!

Fin-Omenal, BuckeyeKing and Alex44 like this.
  22. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Honestly we have all made what some would call bad moves. A top 10 pick for an unproven QB seems really lopsided but you feel like he is a franchise QB then you can't put a price on that.

23. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    dont exaggerate it was only 3 paragraphs!

ToddPhin and Paul 13 like this.
  24. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I'm dying laughing over here. If only the rest of you knew what I do. Well you will soon! This board is going to blow up more then it has over the QB's soon.

25. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Alright binge watching some TV if you have a trade idea for the #3 send I'll get back to you later or tomorrow.

26. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Only trade I regret is Harris Jr. and there are a probably a few others I lost value on. I'm actually okay losing value on a trade if it fits in with the end product, but Harris I could have gotten a first for easily on his own.

Also the Dolphins are a hard team to have in GM League so you've been smart to make changes while not blowing the entire thing up.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  27. Kingdom

Jun 25, 2012
    W.V.
    Todderism.

Mach and VanDolPhan like this.
  28. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I got Harris on restricted salary for a mid rounder last year.

29. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I don't mind the Garrapolo trade honestly... he's probably better than any of the qb's in the 2015 class... save for Mariota.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  30. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Blockbuster trade coming.

31. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I agree, that's the correct attitude to approach this with. Don't take our playful banter to heart, it's part of the reason this league is fun.

Paul 13 likes this.
  32. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Probably shouldn't have got rid of Albert. Such a weak LT class this year and FA isn't any better. Outside that I'm okay with the moves I made. All about getting younger.

Yeah GMing the Phins sucks. Had to learn the hard way.

33. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    i'm sensing a Hartline three way...

BuckeyeKing and VanDolPhan like this.
  34. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dooooo bee doooo bee dooooo

35. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    It's WAY WAY better and hysterical.

Alex44 likes this.
  36. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    yeah, playful banter is hard to translate in just text.... that's why I try to use plenty of smileys...

:wink2:

37. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    bull ****... it's like taking candy from a baby

38. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    What's that smell? It's FIN-O's dreams of Kevin White in the dumpster. Wonder how Fin-O feels about Alex now :)

39. LeroyBoss

LeroyBoss New Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Seattle
    Yep, and I'm not a big fan of Mariota and Winston, and had to get rid of Cutler. With my available options, I thought this would be my best chance to get a possible franchise QB, which I was able to do. I imagine at least Winston and Mariota will be taken in the first 7 picks. So I ask myself, would I have taken Jimmy over Jameis and Mariota at 1-7? Yes. So I'm happy with the move

Paul 13 likes this.
  40. Kingdom

Jun 25, 2012
    W.V.
    What does a Hartline 3 way consist of? Heart break and stumbles?

Paul 13 likes this.