1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Universaldraft.com's Final Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Conuficus, Apr 22, 2010.

1. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    *Ctrl+C*

*Open Mock Draft Contest*

*Edit*

*Ctrl+V*

*Save*

-Seriously though, for some reason I think the Chiefs will take Berry. Yes, hunches are silly.
    -Jerry Hughes across the board, interesting.
    -If Berry goes at 11, I might cry.

Bpk and Conuficus like this.
  2. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Jerry Hughes sweep! And I love it, even more so if we can trade down and still get him.

3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Very good mocks. Kind of surprised that CK has Rodger Saffold and Linval Joseph in the 1st rd but no Mike Iupati. Still a good mock, and the Alen and Con mocks are quite good. Jerry Hughes makes more sense to me than a lot of other guesses I've seen, so congrats to all three. I still think that Spiller is special and I wouldn't really mind Iupati for the Fins.

Time to go on record- my darkhorse 1st rd pick for Miami is: Tim Tebow. And I'll tell you why, then you can filet me. Too many things are adding up, such as:

- Tebow coached up by Miami staff at Senior Bowl, they know him well.
    - same agent as Parcells- coincidence?
    - dude is already considered late 1st/ early 2nd rd caliber if not higher
    - Parcells reportedly LOVES Tebow, biggest factor of all
    - Ronnie Brown is probably on the way out, Tebow could run the wildcat,
    probably better than RB
    - Tebow's flaws are real, but in my mind overstated, and a couple of years in the shadows/wildcat could do wonders for a hard worker like him.
    - I'm still troubled/intrigued by the oh so out of nature insult by Chad Henne
    - there's a lack of a sense of value at #12. Hughes is ok at #12, nothing special in terms of value. Spiller I like, I like Bryant but we got Marshall, the rest are, "eh". I do like brandon Graham, but still so-so #12 value.
    - My best guess is that if we take him it will be after trading down from #12to something like #24.
    - We need talent on the team- Tebow's intangibles aside- and despite the great controversy surrounding him and his draft status I could see Parcells and Ireland referring to him as one of the greatest college football players ever and one of the best players available this year. Let's face it- do any of you EVER remember such a polarizing draft prospect?

I will get killed for posting this, maybe deservedly so. But something has been bothering me about the whole Tebow/Dolphins situation for a while. So as Joel said in "Risky Business", sometimes you've got to say "what the f***." This is one of those times. Parcells gambles on greatness here in rd 1 and uses the rest of the draft to shore up the defense. Plenty of picks for that, and we also have Karlos Dansby in the fold. Brandon Marshall, too. That's one hell of a start to an offseason in my book, hopefully we nail the draft. Everyone enjoy today- despite inevitable differences of opinion it's NFL draft day- a great day for guys like us.

alen1 likes this.