1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Union Opposes Rookie Salary Structure

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Apr 22, 2008.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    theres a shock... I guess its just proof that the NFL isnt a game, its a business. Which im sure most of us already knew. But regardless of what these guys want to say, something needs to be done, its ridiculous that we just signed a guy, fresh out of college, hasnt played a single down in the NFL, nor has he even taken part in a practice! and he is now the highest paid lineman in the league. How don't they realistically see a problem with this

2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    As much as anything, what it shows is how impractical and totally useless Unions are...not to metion antiquated.

Truth is this entire thing is really gonna start hurting teams that finish last not help..and I think to a large degree we have already seen this happen.

3. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    I think PFT has it spot on in that Upshaw doesn't have the veterans best interest's in mind any longer. He's got a man with his hand in the cookie jar (Condon), so why would he tell him to take his hand out and leave some cookies for others when he's getting a BIG BUNCH of those cookies?? (To the tune of $6.7 mil last year) Answer: He Won't.

There's a big conflict-of-interest there when an agent represents the Union chief AND most of the top incoming draft talent. His argument that teams won't pay for a producing veteran if there's a rookie salary scale and they can get two rooks for the price of one vet is ludicrous. If that was the case, why are teams paying $60-70+ million dollars a vet now when they could essentially do the very thing Uphsaw is talking about in rds. 2-3-4?? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Hopefully the players will finally get fed up with this selfish old codger and throw him out unceremoniously on his keister. He is like the Steward from LOTR that has outlasted his usefulness and is going mad trying to hold on to his throne.

*Now where's a wizard when you need one??:oldtoker:

finfansince72 likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    SICK sig bro. Good work.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks, and all the accolades need to go to my good friend Jason :up:

6. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Would certainly seem a clear cut conflict of interest there.

JCowScot likes this.