1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unheralded Ferguson the centerpiece of emerging Dolphins ‘D’

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Aug 25, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    k-bayfinfan, late again, Bpk and 8 others like this.
  2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Nice work Hugo. I watched Channings post game presser and one of the things that came up was his ability to roam as long as Fergie was eating up a double team and mauling the center. Channing didn't play behind Timbo, so it made sense that he compared Fergie to Truck. I love the way he just clogs up the middle, forcing the runner out, into Roth or Porter. Another thing I like about Fergie is his ability to collapse the pocket up the middle.. prevent the qb from stepping up to throw. I too think "our" success will be directly related to Fergies success.

Big E, WharfRat and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  3. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

Nice Job Hugo. :hi5:

4. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Yeah, it is nice to have a dominant DT again. I miss those Bowens days. I am not enthused about our depth though, and am slightly worried. Ferguson may or may not be able to play the entire game, and where you mentioned that he collapses the pocket not allowing the qb to step up, he may not be given the chance in the 3rd or 4th quarter. I have a feeling that in pure passing downs we’ll sub him. His main goal is to eat up two blockers on running downs though, and he does that to a tee!!

I’m excited about this defense! Our front 7 is giving our secondary plenty of opportunities to make plays as well.

cnc66 likes this.
  5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I'm hoping he can teach some of the young guys to be dominant also.

cnc66 likes this.
  6. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words!

Tim Bowens was my favorite Dolphins player for many years...and I'm quickly starting to warm up to Ferguson because he seems to be cut from the same mold (literally and figuratively).

cnc66 likes this.
  7. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Nice article - very similar to the blue collar workman like approcach that T-Bo had. Be great if he could get his first pro bowl nod with the fins.

cnc66 likes this.
  8. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Is it just my perception or has the current staff added more to this team than the prior three staffs combined?

Darkoak likes this.
  9. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

No doubt, Jason Ferguson means more to the defense than any other single player.

Imo, the most important players on the Dolphins (in terms of their effect onthDolphins' sucess or failure) are:

1) Chad Pennington
    2) Jason Ferguson
    3) Ricky Williams

I would include the O-line, but that's 5 players

10. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    its preason, its preseaon I have a bad feeling everyone is getting way to excited about the team. We are going to struggle and some people are going to come back down hard expecting us to sneak into the playoffs or something.

Lets enjoy it for what its worth. After these players play a full 60 minutes we will have a better understanding where we are at..

11. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
  12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Why not, they are going to beat you :up:

13. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008