1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unfiltered: Dolphins QB coach David Lee

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 9, 2008.

1. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Thanks, great read. Good paragraph on Henne being unflappable and always looking forward.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    ATVZ, the hardest working non-admin poster on the site! Thanks!

azfinfanmang and ATVZ400 like this.
  3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    unflapable!!! eat that Tom Brady!!!

4. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Good read, thanks for sharing. :up:

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I don't know about Beck's mechanics.... they have me greatly concerned, I tell you.

First off, the man never leaves his feet when he throws. Everyone knows it's customary for a quarterback to leap high in the air as he delivers the pigskin. Red Grange does it. Sammy Baugh does it. until Beck learns to leap like Nuryev, he won't be carried off the field on his chums' shoulders.

Furthermore, he spurns the wearing of a normal leather football cap. Why does he insist on flouting convention? He can't possibly purvey the fieldly on-goings from beneath that zeppelin on his head.

Another flaw of Johnathan Beck is that he plays little to no defense. I am yet to see him tackle one person. You cannot be a starter in this league unless you are willing to play hard-nosed defense, even after a hard day working down at the steel mill. Just ask Arda Bowser. Beck's finished in this league before he's started.

The only way Beck can be successful at football is to do things exactly the way traditional knowledge says they should be done. If something is a commonly held belief, like leaping as you throw, then it must be the best and only sensible way to play.

David Lee will correct these flaws, or he's not worth the price of admission to the Chicago World's Fair. In no time at all Johnny Beck will be the slinginist guy around!

Bombs away, Johnny! It's a good thing for Mr. Hitler you're not in the Air Force!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
    lbmclean_sj, Disnardo and DrAstroZoom like this.
  6. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Hopefully Sparano will give Lee a bigger voice when it comes down to the QB positions unlike Parcells who flatly refused to start Romo despite Payton and Lee's insistence.

7. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    My favorite quote from the whole piece.

Now this is important. We’re watching and evaluating daily. But I’ve had guys that can really practice and get in the game and spit the bit.

Alot of guys may look good in practice, but will he fold under pressure when the lights are on and the fans are in the stands or will he rise above and take control of the game?