1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umpire's in Baseball are the WORST

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Jt0323, Jun 2, 2010.

1. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't know, I think people might point out that it was a bad call, but I don't think they would be wanting to reverse it. A few years ago Anibal Sanchez threw a no-no on a play where it looked like Eric Byrnes was safe at first, and while some thought he was safe there was no real outcry.

I think people are so in awe over perfect game/no hitters they're willing to overlook things like bad calls so long as they go in favor of the guy(s) throwing them.

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I guess it is possible that people wouldn't care if the reverse happened but I do think that if Donald was clearly safe on the replay and the ump who called him out later admitted he made a mistake, people would be up and arms over it. It's natural for people to complain about something just to complain, I mean isn't that why we have message boards on the internet? :wink2:

I do kind of remember that Brynes play you mentioned but replays did show the ump made the correct call, that's why you didn't hear anything about it.