1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UDFA Process / Rules and Timing

Discussion in 'Free Agency' started by Paul 13, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    This is what we're gonna do for you GM's that have relied on the UDFA process to fill out your roster... you guys will have until NOON ET on May the 10th, to attempt to fill out your rosters with UDFA's, I'll post a thread in the free agency forum. By that time, you will PM me with a list of UP TO five UDFA's you'd like to sign. If no other GM PM's me with said player, you can then CHOOSE TO sign him to your roster. The salary per player at that point will be $450k. But if another GM has that player listed, you and the other GM (or GM's that also have him listed), will BID on said player in the free agency forum. I'll create a thread for each specific player. I wouldn't expect more than five players to fall into this format, but if there's a bunch, I'll consolidate them into one thread (ala the cut player bidding format). The min bid on these players will be $500k. So the first team that bids at $500k, has him at $500k, the next team can bid at $550k. If no team bids at $500k, that player doesn't get signed. Instead of 24 hours as the time to beat with a new bid, it will be JUST ONE HOUR!! I want this thing over with by Sunday night (May 11th) as that is when rosters freeze. I'll start it Saturday afternoon, May 10th at 1PM ET.

-ONLY TEAMS THAT HAVE A PLAYER LISTED ON THEIR FIVE PLAYER REQUEST LIST CAN BID ON THAT PLAYER IF MULTIPLE TEAMS HAVE HIM LISTED
    -YOU CANNOT CUT A UDFA THAT YOU HAVE SIGNED
    -IF ALL YOUR PLAYERS FALL INTO THE BID PROCESS AT $500k, IT"S POSSIBLE YOU WALK OUT OF THIS WITH ZERO UDFA's SIGNED
    -YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE UDFA PROCESS
    -YOU DO NOT GET EXTRA MONEY UNDER YOUR CAP TO BID ON UDFA'S. REGULAR CAP RULES ARE STILL IN EFFECT

Let me know if you have q's.

ToddPhin, VanDolPhan and Boik14 like this.
  2. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I've only received one PM so far...

3. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Two teams have sent a PM so far... if teams have a guy bid on twice, I'm PM'ing them to let them know the bidding process starts for that player tomorrow (Saturday) at 1pm ET

4. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Four teams have submitted lists.. there is only one duplicate so far.. those two teams have been sent a PM. Only those two teams can bid on said player when the bidding period starts. They would have until the bid closing time to place a bid.

5. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    here's the results...

Multiple Bids
    QB Dustin Vaughan
    NY Jets
    New England

Seattle
    TE Nic Jacobs
    OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis
    OT Justin Britt