UA recruit opts to play in Europe
10 replies
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Arizona signee Brandon Jennings will pursue a professional basketball career in Europe, backing out on his commitment to the Wildcats.
"Over the course of the last two months I have consulted a number of people in basketball before coming to this decision," Jennings said in a statement released Tuesday night through his attorney, Jeff Valle. "I would like to thank the University of Arizona for their interest and support through this process."
Jennings, who played his final two high school seasons for Oak Hill Academy in Virginia, had not yet become academically eligible to play at Arizona.
He had been awaiting the results of a third college entrance exam, but decided instead to give up his scholarship, Valle said in a phone interview Tuesday night from his Los Angeles office.
"We don't know the results of the test," Valle said. "He's been trying to make this decision as he waited through the eligibility process."
Jennings was rated one of the top point guard recruits in the country and was expected to start for the Wildcats this season.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/07/09/bc.bkc.arizona.jennings.ap/index.html
This kid is a monster. Definitely surprised he went to Europe.
I thought you were talking about Akron in the title. :(
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
I guess he is finding out they wont change his grades once he gets there. This is going to start a trend of Basketball players that aren't very smart.
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
I guess he is finding out they wont change his grades once he gets there. This is going to start a trend of Basketball players that aren't very smart.
Maybe. If he finds success, a lot of recruits will go to Europe.
"Stitches wrote:
I thought you were talking about Akron in the title. :(
Sorry Pete.
Well I guess with this 1 and done BS it doesn't matter.
"Skeet84 wrote:
Gator fans remember Christian Drejer? Wow
I do...kid was good...but what an a-hole

Thank you Gish!
I been blessed to be privy some great college basketball info and have heard from 2 different people that the kid had someone take the the test for him the second time. Rather than avoid embarrassment and questions and getting paid he chose to go overseas and play. Its actually not a bad move if you want to look at it from all sides. He can still get drafted next year and the level of comp is not poor. I cant stand self absorbed people like him but you cant blame him for going on vacation for 7 months and getting paid for it.
Yeah he must be a real dumbass. Lord knows how he was able to get his diploma and keep a 2.0 GPA to play.
Dudes a retard. Hey BuckeyKing, you guys picked up the 7 foot center from UAB yesterday. Not a bad grab since he will have a year to develop and at worst will be a 7 foot altering shot machine.
"RedPitSea wrote:
Dudes a retard. Hey BuckeyKing, you guys picked up the 7 foot center from UAB yesterday. Not a bad grab since he will have a year to develop and at worst will be a 7 foot altering shot machine.
Just read that today. Probably to fill Mullens spot next year since Mullens will be a 1 and done. ITs too bad Kosta Koufos didn't stay. Kosta would have had a break out year with KK playing PF. I doubt the kid from UAB will be a huge impact player, though I haven't seen him play so I'll reserve my judgment.

