1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two years ago this Sunday...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, Nov 8, 2012.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    For those of us who like to look at facts and statistics that probably won't have any impact on this Sunday's outcome, but interesting nonetheless...

In week 10...

The Miami Dolphins played the Tennessee Titans, just like they will this Sunday.

It was a home game just like this one will be.

They were 4-4, just like they are today.

The were coming off a road loss, just like they are now.

I was watching this game at a bar in New Orleans, just like I will be this Sunday.

Put it all together and we can reasonable assume that Miami wins this game by more than a TD. Honestly, all kidding aside I'm very confident Miami wins this game. Just have a good feeling.

The bad news...We all know how the 2010 season ended so lets all hope the similarities end with a win this Sunday.

2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Just heard Jake Locker will be back. Will be interesting to see if our defense gets their act back together and takes it out on Locker. my prediction is that they will

3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I remember that game. With the let down last week I went from confident about the Titans game to no way would I bet on it . I'll keep my money in my pocket.

4. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    And what was happening with Tennessee then versus now?

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm expecting an outburst on offense Sunday. I feel the running game is going to get on track after weeks or sub par play.

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    5-3 coming off a loss to the Chargers (well more accurately, coming off a bye week). In our matchup the old vet started and struggled before being hurt and replaced by the young, franchise QB who also struggled.

shouright likes this.
  7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    We should destroy them. Home against one of the worst teams on the league? Forget losing, they better not be within a touchdown past the first quarter.

8. PhinsFan93

PhinsFan93 New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    I remember that game. Reshad Jones sacked Vince Young and on the next play intercepted him to close the game.

9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I remember being really excited to see Pennington play. I knew it was a step back for the franchise, but I was such a fan of Pennington I was looking forward to the game. Since I couldn't hear sound in the bar, I was dumbfounded when he suddenly was out of the lineup after 2 snaps.

Anyway, it was a much more enjoyable game than the one I watched in the same bar last year. That was the Tebow fiasco. :pity:

10. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Not facing Andrew Luck helps. We should win this game comfortably. Titans are not better than the Jets, especially on the road. Don't let a strong first half of the season be spoiled now. They can get to 6-4 in one week with winnable games against TN and primetime in Buffalo. Dolphins comfortably beat Buffalo twice, so I expect a win. Beat them in the snow last year, so weather shouldn't be a factor.

Seattle is tough, but at home we have a good chance. Going 7-4 into the Patriots game would be great. Cowboys-Eagles is schedule for sunday night football...two incredibly boring teams that could both have losing records. Anyone think there's a chance Dolphins-Patriots is flexed to primetime? Or do they sweat the Cowboys way too much even if they're in last with Philly in 3rd?

11. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Didn't Hartline have a pretty great play on a deep pass?

Just looked it up and it was 2009; anyway, more of that this week.

12. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house

I sure hope you are right about this. my biggest and only fear about this game is the reffs and struggling toscore more then 21 points .

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    They're one of the worst, no doubt, but they're still dangerous. They have a lot of guys who can make plays at any given time; it's just that they don't always play smart.

He is going to give the defense chances to create turnovers. He is a bit wild with the football and has issues with controlling velocity. I think the key is to keep him within the pocket; otherwise, his chances of creating plays significantly increases due to his great improvisational skills.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Locker has weaknesses but can manipulate the pocket very well and has great QB athleticism, we better do a much better job than we did on luck..

Probably gonna need to spy a lot more.