1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two quick Keeper questions

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by phinzi, Sep 2, 2009.

1. phinzi

phinzi Season Ticket Holder

Dec 3, 2007
    Hi all,

I am in a Keeper league and have QB Brady, RB Lynch, RB Ryan Grant, WR Boldin and TE Tony Gonzalez.

Thinking of keeping Brady, Grant and Boldin. We keep 3 and am afraid to bet on keeping less than 3. Draft is tonight.

Any suggestions if to keep 3 and if the ones I keep would be the ones you do ?

Thanks for the help.
    Phinzi

2. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Too many unknowns to even think about giving suggestions. How many teams. How many teams do you expect to hold 3, 2 or just 1 player? If you do not hold any players what type of talent might be available to you? Where would you expect to draft for each round? Scoring system, starters, etc. I've never done a keeper league but these are the questions I would be thinking about in preparation of the draft.

On face value I probably hold Brady and if I am not going to hold Boldin then I likely do not hold Grant. Why? Because if you do not hold Boldin you are expecting to get a better talent than him with your first pick. That first pick will also be better than Grant so why would you hold Grant when you could likely get him or an even better player with your second pick?

That's my thinking anyway...hope it was helpful.

3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    As mentioned would need to know more about the league. If you have to keep 3 I think you have the right 3. Depending on what else is available I might consider alternatives. Remember it's never about last year, its about what you think the players will accomplish this year.

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    brady for sure. maybe boldin, depending on the value u think will be there in round 2. If youre one of the only guys picking in round 2, then you could potentially do better.

5. phinzi

phinzi Season Ticket Holder

Dec 3, 2007
    Thank you all. Sorry for not including much more information.

It turned out great for me. Only one guy did not keep players and if I hadn't kept them he would've gotten mine since his players suck and he is higher in draft than me.

There are 12 teams and 13 rounds in the draft, FYI.

I kept Brady/Boldin/Grant and actually am lucky since I live in Boston. So if Brady sucks or gets hurt NE will loose, if he is good and great at least my fantasy team will cover the losses.

Thanks for all responses.
    Phinzi

6. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    no offense but your choices were pretty obvious