Two Arrested for Vandalizing McNabb's Yard

23 replies

calphincalphinNew MemberOP
Jan 21, 2009, 02:29 PM

The a rather large line between “prank” and “evil vandalism carrying racial undertones” was traversed on Saturday night by two Cardinals fans who torched various phrases into the lawn of Donovan McNabb’s Arizona home. You probably heard about this story, but if not, the fans burned the words "Go Kurt,” "Go Cards" and "I (heart) AZ" into the grass in front of McNabb’s house, which is in an upscale, gated community near Phoenix.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/16671/two_arrested_for_vandalizing_mcnabbs_yard


Thanks Gish

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jan 21, 2009, 03:50 PM

When I first saw the ESPN ticker, almost thought it said "I heart AZZ". :lol:

Evil vandalism for sure.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Jan 21, 2009, 03:56 PM

:lol:

Pure evil my ass, pure everclear maybe.

Big EBig ENew Member
Jan 21, 2009, 03:57 PM

Where..did..they get racial undertones from that?

HiggiHiggiForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2009, 04:03 PM

The best part of the story is that the two idiots left a cardboard sign on the lawn. On the back of the sign was a label w/ the vandal's name and address... come on now, really?

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Jan 21, 2009, 04:17 PM

Reminds me of the bank robber that left his wallet at the bank a few years ago.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jan 21, 2009, 04:18 PM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

Where..did..they get racial undertones from that?

Silly white man, everything's racial. :shifty:

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Jan 21, 2009, 04:26 PM

"Regan21286 wrote:

Silly white man, everything's racial. :shifty:

Isn't that supposed to be 'sirry rite man'?

:chuckle:

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jan 21, 2009, 04:30 PM

"opfinistic wrote:

Isn't that supposed to be 'sirry rite man'?

:chuckle:

You detrimental to my plans to collect good ingles grammer.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2009, 04:34 PM

Phase 1: Burn down McNabbs lawn.

Phase 2: Kidnap Troy Polamalu.

Phase 3: Snipe Harrison and Woodley from a grass knoll.

Phase 4: Win the Super Bowl!!!

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Jan 21, 2009, 05:25 PM

This is pathetic.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Jan 21, 2009, 10:16 PM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

Where..did..they get racial undertones from that?

Probably this part.

The story becomes particularly malicious when you consider that Donovan’s wife and his three children, including his six-week-old twins, were reportedly in the house at the time.

Basically they lit fires at night on a black person's front yard.

May or may not have had any racial motives. But lighting fires at night on the front yard of a black family doesn't paint the best of pictures. Must have been scary considering these guys knew were his Arizona home was and got thru the gates.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

Big EBig ENew Member
Jan 22, 2009, 11:36 AM

"Muck wrote:

Probably this part.

Basically they lit fires at night on a black person's front yard.

May or may not have had any racial motives. But lighting fires at night on the front yard of a black family doesn't paint the best of pictures. Must have been scary considering these guys knew were his Arizona home was and got thru the gates.

Hey if there's no crosses or white robes I dont wanna hear it buddy. :lol:

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jan 22, 2009, 12:27 PM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

Where..did..they get racial undertones from that?

Come on Enforcer, you know the routine.
Anything that happens with an African American involved is ALWAYS twisted into a racial incident. It's a tiring story and IMO is the biggest cause for increasing racial animoscity in todays world towards African Americans.

These were two drunk Cardinal fans playing a prank focused on team allegiances period. I think it's a little amusing myself except for the fire part.
Not because I would link fire to a burning cross... absurd, but because you never know what can happen with fire. That fire could have created sparks that led to a house fire.

They should have just hung some cardinals banners in his yard and no one would care...... unless they hung them with rope..... and then you'd get claims they were trying to insinuate lynching. :lol:

RIP Jetssuck

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jan 22, 2009, 12:30 PM

"Muck wrote:

Probably this part.

Basically they lit fires at night on a black person's front yard.

May or may not have had any racial motives. But lighting fires at night on the front yard of a black family doesn't paint the best of pictures. Must have been scary considering these guys knew were his Arizona home was and got thru the gates.

This is BS.

If there were racial motives they would have been included in the message.
Blame them for being stupid and starting a fire but bringing the whole burning cross into this is absurd and for propoganda purposes only.

RIP Jetssuck

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jan 22, 2009, 12:37 PM

Getting off the racial spin, when I saw this headline I was convinced it would be Eagles fans I would read about vandalizing his yard. The amount of crap he's taken up there with those fans, it wouldn't have surprised me one bit.

RIP Jetssuck

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Jan 22, 2009, 12:48 PM

"Coral Reefer wrote:

Getting off the racial spin, when I saw this headline I was convinced it would be Eagles fans I would read about vandalizing his yard. The amount of crap he's taken up there with those fans, it wouldn't have surprised me one bit.

:pointlol:

They probably were, they just wore Cards **** to throw off the coppers!

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jan 22, 2009, 02:21 PM

"opfinistic wrote:

Isn't that supposed to be 'sirry rite man'?

:chuckle:

As a man of asian descent, on the eve of Tet (chinese/viet new year) I am deeply offended by this statement.

Oh wait, I remember that I hate political correctness and a funny joke is a funny joke.

Ok I'm not offended. ;) :D

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Jan 22, 2009, 02:41 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

As a man of asian descent, on the eve of Tet (chinese/viet new year) I am deeply offended by this statement.

Oh wait, I remember that I hate political correctness and a funny joke is a funny joke.

Ok I'm not offended. ;) :D

Throw me an Italian joke any day of the week, I'll laugh, we'll make fun of the Irish together, and peace will be restored!

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jan 22, 2009, 08:47 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

As a man of asian descent, on the eve of Tet (chinese/viet new year) I am deeply offended by this statement.

Oh wait, I remember that I hate political correctness and a funny joke is a funny joke.

Ok I'm not offended. ;) :D

You're Asian too? Didn't know that.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jan 23, 2009, 01:25 AM

Yeah I didn't know that about you either. Until I saw UCLA in your profile! :D

went to UCI myself. Yes when there was that huge cheating scandal in the 90s and was known as the University of Cheating Immigrants true story.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jan 23, 2009, 01:51 AM

"jdang307 wrote:

Yeah I didn't know that about you either. Until I saw UCLA in your profile! :D

went to UCI myself. Yes when there was that huge cheating scandal in the 90s and was known as the University of Cheating Immigrants true story.

:lol:

I loved the campus there at UCI. Heard about that scandal though nothing in detail.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Jan 23, 2009, 10:27 AM

That doesnt seem racist.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jan 27, 2009, 01:23 AM

Racist, no. Stupid, disrespectful, and apalling, yes.