1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuesday Camp Reports

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    PBP:

Sun-Sentinel

Miami Herald

2. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks!

- 2 days in a row now W. Allen gets a pick. All the talk of Davis and Smith are casting a shadow on our true #1 CB who seems to be playing very well at the moment.

- glad to see Cam Wake making more of an impact. Once he reaches his comfort zone, I can see him only getting better. Either way, our coaching staff will get the absolute best out of him, whether sufficient or not.

- I have high expectations for Ginn this year. He has to step up, and it seems he has put forth the effort to do so. Nice progressions we are seeing from him.

- It will be interesting to see the rookie CB battle. We all knew Vontae would step it up once the pads came on, and it appears he is doing just that. This is only the beginning. Although Smith impressed more in OTAs, I have a feeling Vontae will surpass Smith on the Depth Chart. However, I don't see Vontae covering the likes of Moss and Owens. If Smith has a good camp, he can potentially start in those occasions simply because he showed enough in camp (even if not as much as Vontae) and has the size to cover those WR types.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think Sean Smith will need some time to develop some NFL Cb skils like pattern recognition and maybe work on his closing speed a bit.

V Davis is looking really good so far, he has closing speed and is physical.

Omar posted:

I'd love to know who is beating who, Walden beat Garner for a sack, I'd like to know how they do against Big Jake and Vern C and "who" the third and second string tackles are.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think some people got a little to excited about the length of sean smith and starting getting enamored with the idea of him starting.

I think most of us are well aware of what kind of physical talent vontae is, his weaknesses were not that of the physical variety, that being said, the way this kid has handled himself, the respect, the humility for how he has spoken has really made me sit up on several ocassions, so i never really jumped on that sean smith wave because of how vontae has conducted himself...when great talent meets the right attitude, dangerous.. I at least have to see them together in a game before i would put sean ahead of vontae,but i will continue to have vontae as my starter opening day.

The hope for me is that they become interchangable, and pending down and distance, sean comes in and vontae moves to the slot.

Iam so willing to go into the season and take my lumps with our trio of will, vontae, and sean. and part of that reasoning is because i feel like we can take that risk with Y bell and gibril playin behind them.

5. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    What do you guys think the chances are of Greg Camarillo getting cut. I really hope we keep him.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Less than -0- RBT, Greg C is just too good and a proven commodity, I could see a trade but outright release won't happen.

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I would be really surprised if he got cut actually.
    It would have to be the culmination of both Rooks really shining along with London and the speedster (Name escapes me right now)

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think he is your starter going into the season opposite Ginn, with Bess playing fulltime in the slot and punt returns, with turner gettin playin time in on certain red zone packages, hartline makes the team, london is the 6th if we keep 6...

Ive been watchin Greg C from last years games...this guy is a very talented receiver, ive said a dozen times, yes, his size, speed, and strength are average, but dont get it twisted, his hands, feet, and football iq are anything but. he will deek ur *** out of your shoes, extend his body fully, snatch the ball with his fingertips, and tap those ballet type feet on the sideline for the first down...every time...really enjoyable player to watch play the game...

Kanye West, Anonymous and dolfan7171 like this.
  9. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Interchanging them could create some pretty nice mismatches and we could make some big plays.

10. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Glad to see that Paul Soliai is a little quicker and is making plays.

11. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good to hear about Soliai, where did you hear that? Got a link? We really need Soliai to wake up and break out so we know we are set behind Ferguson. I'd love to see McDaniel become a serious NT as well, give Soliai a run for his money to replace Ferguson next season or so.

12. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    In both the Palm Beach Post and Sun-Sentinel reports that were posted in this thread, he got some praise.

13. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    good to know

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Armstrong? Hartline?

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    some notes from the evening session that TPBP covered.

brandon27 likes this.
  16. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Awesome to see that Turner is off to what seems to be a great start. He's got size, and hands, and seems to be getting open and making plays so far. Very encouraging for our passing game IMO.