Tua named starting QB
284 replies
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Well.... I definitely didn’t expect that. Not with how Fitz has been playing. But I’ll trust the coaching staff.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
strange timing after having won 2 games on the bounce
It was the spike in TV ratings. OR that Tua has never thrown an incomplete pass or failed to convert a third down.... :chuckle:
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
"FishOutOfWater wrote:
Well.... I definitely didn’t expect that. Not with how Fitz has been playing. But I’ll trust the coaching staff.
fitz is not the future and Dolphins don’t care about winning now !! Let’s Go the future is upon us and embrace it !! Just have faith and believe
Awesome!! Very confident Tua will prove to be the franchise QB we've all been waiting for, even if he has some growing pains. My interest in this season just shot up tremendously.
Fitzpatrick reached his peak. It was only going to be downhill from here. He definitely didn't look right in the second half on Sunday.
Or, this was just the plan all along. Tua was going to sit six games and then get handed the keys.
I, for one, am excited.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
HELL YES!!!
I am a bit surprised by this relatively early move. Flores did the same thing last season with Rosen, but when we weren't doing well and losing, he did go back to Fitz. We'll see.
I just hope that this is a COACHING decision and not a decision being pushed down on him from the organization overhead...marketing and all. I understand there is pressure on playing Tagovailoa seeing that Burrow and Herbert are playing and doing well...relatively. I just hope that Tua shows he is what the team believes he is and he's not being put in to early.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
Let’s goooooooooooo!!!!!!
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
I think Fitzy's 2nd half against the Jets proved that he has a definite ceiling.
The rebuild is ahead of schedule, so we might as well see if they can contend.
Tua is in a much better position than Justin Herbert or Joe Burrow.
I definitely want to see whether Tua can play, so I am glad we're going to get the chance. I am slightly concerned, because I hope this isn't a case of the ownership pressuring Flores to play Tua now, not because I don't think that's the right thing to do, but more because I don't want to see Ross exerting that kind of pressure on Flores. Let the man coach the team his way. It's the only way you'll know if you've got the right guy at HC.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
I am a bit surprised by this relatively early move. Flores did the same thing last season with Rosen, but when we weren't doing well and losing, he did go back to Fitz. We'll see.
I just hope that this is a COACHING decision and not a decision being pushed down on him from the organization overhead...marketing and all. I understand there is pressure on playing Tagovailoa seeing that Burrow and Herbert are playing and doing well...relatively. I just hope that Tua shows he is what the team believes he is and he's not being put in to early.
Flores doesn’t strike me as the kind of coach who takes football orders from owners/front office staff.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
I am a bit surprised by this relatively early move. Flores did the same thing last season with Rosen, but when we weren't doing well and losing, he did go back to Fitz. We'll see.
I just hope that this is a COACHING decision and not a decision being pushed down on him from the organization overhead...marketing and all. I understand there is pressure on playing Tagovailoa seeing that Burrow and Herbert are playing and doing well...relatively. I just hope that Tua shows he is what the team believes he is and he's not being put in to early.
My guess it is a combination of Tua showing a grasp of the offense, looking ready to go, being the long term plan, Fitz being very inconsitent, and the line playing well.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Tua makes his debut against the team with the best pass defense in the league in 2020:
[ATTACH:full]
Hell, they must be thinking Tua is an upgrade! Fitz hasn’t been great on the field.
"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.
The team as whole has been playing well, particularly on defense which has really surprised me. Having a good strong defense actually helps the offense, particularly with a young rookie quarterback.
Offensively, Myles Gaskins and Matt Breida need to step it up! An effective running game is so crucial to the success of a quarterback in the passing game. The team as a whole can't just sit back and place the weight of winning squarely on Tagoviloa's shoulders. Tua's going to go through some growing pains and everyone is going to have to play twice as good just to be good enough.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
btw.. if Tua can play above average (I know.. hard to ask for any rookie, but Herbert is doing it) that question about whether the Dolphins can make the playoffs suddenly leans towards yes, especially with 7 playoff teams per conference.
Not sure if I love it or hate it.
I think Tua obviously needs to see the field so that we can get a grasp on what we have.
That said, at 3-3 with expanded playoffs, I'm thinking of sneaking in this year. I think this will definitely, mildly, hurt those chances just due to experience.
"FishOutOfWater wrote:
Well.... I definitely didn’t expect that. Not with how Fitz has been playing. But I’ll trust the coaching staff.
Same kinda a weird move in all honesty. Rams have a good defense are 4-2 but we are at home. Just seems odd since was having a banner year. Yes, I wanted him to play but has he OUTPERFORMED Fitz and won the JOB or just been handed it?