Tua...''He's the greatest prospect ever''

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Sep 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Even you know this is a stupid comment. And dumb and dumber "like" it, of course.

djphinfan likes this.
  2. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008

KeyFin likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Not talking to you directly but You earn respect with your takes and context..

This isn’t some amateur board so be prepared if your takes lack appropriate analysis and context

Finatik likes this.
  4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah Really nice company there buddy lol

5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Just watch it. Holy. He’s a Tua supporter:

resnor, StaleTacos and hitman8 like this.
  6. FinFaninBuffalo

FinFaninBuffalo Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    You mean because you don’t post nonsense?

7. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    That guy is a well known idiot. He ****ing ignores the fact that Slay compared him to DREW BREES.

I’ve got news for you and that clown. The goal is to make every QB have to come off their first read. It gives the pass rush more time to get there. The media coverage on Tua has focused on his ability to get the ball out quick. It was completely negating pass rushes and covering for a mediocre pass blocking OL.

when a defender is asked how are going to deal with a QB that gets it out quick, of course the plan is to make him hold it longer. ****. you Tua haters don’t know ****.

8. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    We are now on random guy on YouTube videos.

KeyFin and Ryan like this.
  9. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

The algorithm kept putting his videos to the top on my recommended list a while ago and I watched quite a few of them. Wasn't really that impressed with a lot of his takes tbh. He then started to go on some religious rant after some players started saying the "all glory to god" thing. I told YouTube to stop recommending me the channel after that.

10. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    I'm not a big fan of Barry as he often misinterprets what people say. Coach Bev didn't say Tua had an issue with only being a one read QB, he said that their system was new last year which is why the first read was often open. Now that there is tape on the system, DC are finding ways to take away that first read but Tua has been excellent at going through the progressions. He literally says its one of the things Tua has done the best at.

Darius Slay also doesn't say what Barry thinks he says. All he does is praise Tua and says they were trying to get him to come off his first read which isn't saying anything at all since every team tries to make every QB go deeper into their progressions (with the rare exceptions when a CB is baiting a QB).

FinFaninBuffalo, resnor and Two Tacos like this.
  11. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    We've had endless arguments here from Tuanon claiming he is not a 1 read QB and he doesn't throw to spots. Here you have his own coach and opposing defenses saying he is/was, Although he is improving to look past the first read and not just throw it to a predeterminad spot.

StaleTacos and resnor like this.
  12. VManis

Nov 10, 2010
    Coach Bev didn't say Tua had an issue with only being a one read QB, he said that their system was new last year which is why the first read was often open. Now that there is tape on the system, DC are finding ways to take away that first read but Tua has been excellent at going through the progressions. He literally says its one of the things Tua has done the best at.

Darius Slay also doesn't say what that idiot Barry thinks he says. All he does is praise Tua and says they were trying to get him to come off his first read which isn't saying anything at all since every team tries to make every QB go deeper into their progressions (with the rare exceptions when a CB is baiting a QB).

There are plenty of videos on youtube (QB School, All things QB etc..) where former college and pro QBs breakdown the plays, show what they believe are the most typical progressions and how Tua is going through them.

FinFaninBuffalo and Springveldt like this.
  13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Barry Cunningham, another wanna be evaluator tuned YouTuber lol, tool

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    VManis likes this.
  14. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I think Barry should go back to rooting for the Cowboys.

VManis likes this.
  15. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Blaming the new system does not negate he was a 1 read QB which is what we were saying. Even if the first read was often open, that was not always the case and Tua would still throw it into double, triple, and cuadruple coverage because he was stuck on his first read and throwing to pre-determined spots. Slay also clearly said he throws to a spot. Exactly what our criticisms were last year and Tuanon here were having fits because we dared criticize this.

resnor likes this.
  16. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I mean, I've tried to explain my posting style several times, so that people would relax and not take my posts as things they aren't.

17. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    He didn't say he was a one read QB. He said "Last year because it was a new offense, there was a lot of time that #1 was open and we just throw it to #1." What would you expect him to do????

This year the first read has been open less and Tua has been great at getting through his progressions.

Somehow this is a negative to the Tua haters...... LOL. If this is where you are on your Tua criticism, you have lost the argument.

At no point did the coach claim that Tua was a one read QB. Period. You guys (and the idiot who made the video) are projecting.

18. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    Please find the EXACT QUOTE where the coach calls him a one read QB? You are taking one comment and completely misrepresenting it because you are desperate for Tua to not be the guy.

Again he said the #1 read was open so we throw it. Show me where the coach said that Tua threw it to the first read even if the first read wasn't open.

19. VManis

Nov 10, 2010
    If your first read is open than why would any QB not make the throw. That is literally how the play is designed to work so criticizing a QB for doing it make no sense what so ever.

If the first read was open the majority of the time than the percentage of time that Tua threw into multiple coverage can not be very high. But even if your assertion is correct than explain to me how a QB which you consider to have a weak arm is throwing into those coverages and completing 65% of his throws with a 3 to 1 TD:INT ratio.

Throwing to a spot rather than waiting for a WR to come open is the basis of a timing offense so again why are you criticizing a QB for doing exactly what he is suppose to do to make the play work? Slay isn't criticizing Tua for doing this he is talking about why its hard to defend. He even compares Tua to Brees and ends by saying he likes Tua's game.

20. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    Correct, this "one read QB" narrative was refuted with video evidence last season. Just nonsense.

21. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    Nothing but praise from Slay and people still try to twist it.

22. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    kinda, sorta, but not really. a person is not allowed to say a throw was bad, or he didn't have a strong enough arm to make the throw. just facts. people are very over protective of only Tua. Getting to be like the Tannehill days.

hitman8 and resnor like this.
  23. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Try explaining what he did wrong that made you feel he didn't play well.

resnor likes this.
  24. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah. It's super weird because this is the first QB argument that I've been not totally supportive of the QB. When I supported Tannehill, FFiB was my best friend. LMFAO

dolphin25 likes this.
  25. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Bs, tannehill sucked and I wanted him gone very quickly, I wasn’t very popular at the time

I’ll call at players game out if they aren’t good enough

There’s a lot of miss evaluating of this Qb going on so I’m gonna make people accountable.

All good like I’ve been saying saying he doesn’t have a strong arm is about as rudimentary as it gets.

The indicters are back

Ryan likes this.
  26. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    Check out this proof of the one read QB during the Chiefs game.

Tuanon4Life likes this.
  27. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Tua is fine, he just has to get better in big moments, like the whole team. Tua has enough arm strength to be successful in this league, he has other elite traits that make more then up for that.
    Only thing is health and in that department it looks like he mastered that as well, he’s playing a lot smarter and the Jui-Jitsu seems to pay off.
    He just needs to take that next „little“ step to be a top 3 QB in this league.

Tuanon4Life and FinFaninBuffalo like this.
  28. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    :sidelol: :oldtoker:

resnor likes this.
  29. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Tua with Tyreek Hill off the field in 2023: 54/65 (83%) 570 yards (8.8 YPA) 4 TD, 0 INT 123.7 passer rating

So interesting

Ryan and Tuanon4Life like this.
  30. Ryan

Ryan Member

Oct 20, 2023
    This is the Tua thread that should be up and running! Best QB we’ve had since Marino! #thankful

Fireland, djphinfan and Tuanon4Life like this.
  31. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008

Another narrative debunked.

Ryan likes this.
  32. Ryan

Ryan Member

Oct 20, 2023
    I can’t wait until most fans across the NFL realize how hard it is to put together a truly great pass protecting OL that holds up for 17 games a season and understand having a QB with Tua’s great traits of getting the ball out accurately and fast benefits a less then subpar OL way more then a QB that can rocket it but “needs time”. We are lucky. Tua shares this trait with Tom Brady. Tua still missing a couple Brady traits (to be determined) but he has a big one. How frustrating was it all them years trying to hit Brady and get a hold of him, we have that.

Wait until Tua gets a OL that allows him to actually have time. But he’s proven he can get it done with a one that can’t protect.

Most NFL teams NEED a Tua but want a Zach Wilson-type (pre-draft). Crazy world we live in.

danmarino and djphinfan like this.
  33. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    He's so dumb, LOL. The Philly corner said to take away his first option....which is almost always Tyreek. What a concept, keep the QB from throwing to your top receiver. My cat could have interpreted that conversation better than Barry since every team, every time tries to shut down Tyreek (or whoever the WR1 is on any given team).

34. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Tua has earned Austin Jackson about $80M this season as someone is going to pay him $18M a year next year. AJ has improved but Tua getting the ball out in 2.4 seconds means the edge rusher doesn't have time to get there anyway.

We have interesting choices to make on the OL for next season out of Williams, Hunt and Jackson. I think they were hoping Eich could take the C spot next season but it's becoming more obvious to me that Williams really should be the first one to get resigned.

Also get the feeling that Tua's career is going to mirror Brady in the first 6 or so years where most other NFL fans think he is nothing more than a dink and dunk game manager who benefits from the scheme he plays in. Not saying he will win Superbowls or anything, just the narrative around him.

Ryan likes this.
  35. Ryan

Ryan Member

Oct 20, 2023
    Happy Thanksgiving everybody and Happy Thanksgiving to every Dolphins fan/player/staff/worker/front office member and especially Tua, the best QB we’ve had since Marino!

36. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Looking like a pretty good draft that was hampered by Flores

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Tuanon4Life likes this.
  38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Tua to me is a science project at this point, i dont know if its just me lacking context relative to all qbs, for example Mahomes and hurts had thre picks each agaisnt the jets, or theres a laxed mindset at times that needs to be addressed.

on pace for over 20 turnovers seems like there might be some issue with his focus but not sure.

39. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY

Defenses are figuring out our offense. They can't stop it but they can get into positions where Tua will turn the ball over because he's throwing to spots on the field, not to WRs.

resnor likes this.
  40. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    hmm, not sure thats the issue with todays mistakes but maybe..

they looked like double pump im not sure throws but im gonna throw em anyways..

i wish he would use his legs at times..something aint there move your spot or just run up the gut and slide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.