1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tua...''He's the greatest prospect ever''

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Sep 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    love how Tua feathers the ball from right to left, he has an uncanny way of his whole body going left and throwing far right on target without changing his footwork.

he's also no looking the **** out of people frequently.

ive always said he has this unique trait of measuring a players speed and distance that is in his peripheral , not just his main sight.

he's manipulating defenders with it every game..

game is getting easy for him.

he made a pass on sunday that wasnt just filled with anticipation it was beyond anticipation.

FinFaninBuffalo likes this.
  2. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013

3. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Your post reminds of something I heard yesterday on the radio. A caller said that it was unnecessary to compare Tua to Mahomes because in his opinion, Tua has better timing while Mahomes is the best off-script thrower in the game. The Chiefs have a chance as long as the play is going on and we have a chance when the right play is called. Both are incredible. IMO, I'm not comparing them because for as much as I love #1, Mahomes' has done it when it counted the most.

Regarding the type of throws that we run with Tua, somebody asked Coach about his revolutionary offense in Friday's presser. He chafed a bit and replied that it's not revolutionary so much as an amalgamation of things he's learned and applied to the players on the roster. Basically, he was saying that he tries to put players in their best position to succeed by accenting their strengths. Why waste effort hammering a square peg into a round hole?

VManis, dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I. Wasn't. Talking. Specifically. About. Tua.

All I was saying was, when people talk about arm strength, they aren't talking about his ability to throw down field, they're talking about throwing outs and things of that nature. I was not even trying to say that those people are correct.

My ONLY point was arguing downfield throws to people arguing arm strength, is pointless.

This just another example of how people take something I write...apply their lens (opinion of what I think) to it, and then start arguing with me about how blah blah blah.

Not saying you are doing that, brother, but others are.

5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Dude

Someone made a comment to another poster, arguing deep throws in response to a "weak arm" argument.

My ONLY interaction was too point out that down field they're aren't at all what they're talking about with arm strength.

Nite you guys have once again turned this into something in trying to **** on Tua.

Seriously. **** off. I continually tell you that your assumptions about me are incorrect. I've explained several times why I argue the way I do, and you ignore it. I've started posting much less, hoping that would chill you guys out. It hasn't.

If I stop posting completely, it will be because of you guys who just continues with your narrative.

6. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Dude! My last post to you gave you an actual example of where people were linking arm strength and deep ball, and now you're trying misrepresent things again?? AFTER the evidence? Geez. Here's the quote again:
    https://thephins.com/threads/4-0-with-him-0-3-without.97835/#post-3497068
    There are so many posts like that. For example:
    https://thephins.com/threads/tua-is-not-the-problem.96818/page-55#post-3478672
    https://thephins.com/threads/dolphins-acquire-tyreek-hill.97219/page-5#post-3460344
    And even YOU yourself linked Tua's deep ball issues to arm strength.
    https://thephins.com/threads/tuas-offseason-workout-throwing-71-yards.97597/#post-3468718
    That last quote is from YOU. No one on this site misrepresents your own posts more than you do. That you keep trying to claim you're the victim, even after TONS of evidence is provided to the contrary, is really bad. Do what you want to, but don't act like we're not going to call out your attempts at misrepresenting things, systematically I might add.

Bumrush and djphinfan like this.
  7. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    :sidelol:

Csonka Marino likes this.
  8. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    And...

Just like that, another decent Tua thread engages the Doomsday Clock. RIP.

[​IMG]

dolphin25 likes this.
  9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Of course the idiots out there think Tua can’t throw deep because he lacks the big arm..they all same the same ****

Ughhh why does his receiver always have to slow down.

It’s all encompassing, anyways the indicters are who they are because they are to stupid to understand the nuances and traits that make Tua special.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Don’t miss represent with cbrad around and don’t stick up for the idiots out there lol

Here’s the reason why we defend at least why I defend

Because after what he’s been through Tua doesn’t deserve the public assassination of his game..

Bumrush and Tuanon4Life like this.
  11. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's like you don't actually read the things I write, or actively disregard comprehension.

You link to me taking about the deep ball. Yet refuse to look at context. I was responding to Key talking about Tua throwing 60 yarders in practice, as if that means he has a strong arm. I clearly stated I DON'T CARE if a guy can heave it 60 yards. That doesn't tell us anything about arm strength.

But yeah, you continue to use these things to prop up your mistaken narrative. It's tiresome.

Sceeto likes this.
  12. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'm not misrepresenting anything. I don't argue these things trying to prove Tua sucks. I argue things that I don't believe are valid arguments. It doesn't mean I think the player sucks.

If you guys can't understand this, regardless of how often I tell you, that's on you.

13. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    lol resnor it's in black and white:
    You're linking arm strength not ONLY to out routes (as you falsely claimed earlier) but to the deep ball. Either way, others definitely linked arm strength to the deep ball, so your original claim was false regardless.

Ryan and djphinfan like this.
  14. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You still can't read or comprehend, I guess.

Did I START that discussion? I was responding to other people. I'm not the one linking, that was already done by Key. I was simply pointing out my disagreement with his arm strength/deep ball claims.

My point is that you don't need a strong arm to get the ball 60 yards downfield.

You can't grasp this very simple concept.

Sceeto likes this.
  15. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    OMG. Not only do you keep trying to systematically misrepresent things, you now demonstrate lack of reading comprehension.

This is what you wrote:
    And that was proven WRONG. That you can't admit that is your problem. I'll keep pointing it out.

Ryan, djphinfan and FinFaninBuffalo like this.
  16. FinFaninBuffalo

FinFaninBuffalo Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Careful, you're playing a zero sum game!!! (for reference that is what he calls it when the facts prove him wrong)

17. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    LIE!!!! On my screen they are in aqua and white.

VManis likes this.
  18. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Well when the facts prove you wrong it does become a zero sum game. I'm right he's wrong.

(it's in aqua and white lol)

19. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I call it "all or nothing," but yes (see what I did there? Argued with you ona semantic level, even though you were saying the same thing. Do you enjoy that?). Because that's what you guys do.

I say "We haven't beaten any teams with a winning record" so you go back a year as if that applies. Someone says "Tua doesn't go through progressions" you find one time he did then say that means the other poster is a lying troll. That's the stuff I'm talking about with "all or nothing." I criticize Tua, you immediately argue with me acting like I just said Tua was dog **** and should be cut immediately.

All or nothing.

20. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    That's exactly the type of response you give to me.

Love how once again the same posters are violating ToS and attacking posters and not content.

While whining that I'm a troll.

Sceeto likes this.
  21. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    WTF? explain how that attacked a poster

22. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    YOU RESPONDED TO A ****ING POST TALKING ABOUT BOTH SEASONS.

23. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007

You are really really bad at this....

Oh wait, did I just play my zero sum game by assuming when you said that you call it "all or nothing" you didn't mean that you don't also call it "a zero sum game"?

Help me out. I'm still trying to figure out how BS posts work.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
  24. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    You guys deliberatly misrepresent things. Let me make it simple so you don't try to confuse things and argue over a strawman which you so often like to do. Tua has poor arm strength in that he has poor velocity on deeper throws and throws outside the numbers. He too often puts too much air under the ball and/or throws it very early with more anticipation on longer throws, and throws to the outside, to make up for his lack of arm strength. That thas been my point all along and I think it's also what Resnor is referring to when he say it's not just about throwing it 55 yards down field (Tua's in game record). Although I'm not going to put words in his mouth.

25. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Let's see if you can comprehend basic English. This is what resnor said:
    In your post.. the one I'm quoting right now, you literally confirmed what he said was FALSE and what I said was TRUE. You literally linked arm strength to Tua's ability to throw deep. Stop misrepresenting things, and you better not double down on this.

26. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    I did not question his a ability to throw deep, I questioned his ability to throw deep with velocity, velocity being the key word. And not just on deep throws, but also throws to the outside at mid to long ranges. Any NFL QB can throw the ball 55 yards down field if they put enough air under it. The question is are they floating it there or are they throwing it on a rope with velocity. That's the difference between having a strong arm or just an average to slightly below average arm (which is what I think Tua has).

dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  27. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    First, resnor was saying that you (and others) were not linking arm strength to the deep ball, but instead talking about "throwing outs and stuff of that nature" (read his quote), which is not true. Second, I already linked to posts showing that you did question his ability to throw deep, as in actual yards. You were the one who said you'd "never seen him throw the ball more than 50 yards in the air, either in the college or the pros." Third, it wasn't just velocity you talked about before but also accuracy.

Point is, what resnor said is false and you shouldn't try to defend that. I'll give you another chance here.

28. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    I don't need you to "give me another chance". Stop playing word games and playing gotcha. Yes I said he's never thrown it more than 50 yards or so (his actual in game best is 55 yards). But I also said it's not so much about throwing it 60+ or 70+ yards which other stronger armed QBs can do and he can't. It's about what that represents in terms of arm strength and velocity, which translates to greater velocity and faster time to target even on shorter yardage throws or throws to the outside.

resnor and Sceeto like this.
  29. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Geez. Do you not understand what you're doing? You are proving me correct with every post! You are literally admitting that you were NOT just talking about "throwing outs and things of that nature" when you said Tua lacks arm strength, and that you WERE also talking about his deep ball: accuracy, velocity, yards and all that.

I won't give you another chance. You proved conclusively you can't comprehend simple English. resnor was wrong. Fact.

30. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Sometimes I wish they only put 50 up on the Broncos lol. The standard for Tua before that was already ridiculous and after that game it has become preposterous.

31. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    1. Someone says Tua has a weak arm
    2. Someone says "HE THREW 60 YARDS IN PRACTICE"
    3. I say, "Throwing it deep isn't about arm strength."
    4. How cbrad argues with me about arm strength and deep throws because he's emotionally invested in me being a list it's something
    5. We come full circle with the original poster showing he was saying it was the velocity on deep throws, not the deep throw itself.
    6. Cbrad short circuits and can't see how what I was saying is exactly that.

Here, I'll try again, cbrad:

THE DEEP BALL IS NOT ABOUT ARM STRENGTH.

Even the weakest arm QB in the league can throw it 60 yards under ideal circumstances. I'd wager most, if not all, can still heave one out that far under not ideal conditions...but the ball flight is going to differ drastically from that of a much stronger armed QB.

That is what I've been saying, and you're being too obtuse to understand the very simple concept. Throwing it 60 yards doesn't mean anything, so using that as a response to someone's critique of his arm strength is illogical.

32. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    How many has Tua thrown over 20 yards. 40 yards. How many has the entire league in comparison thrown? Just asking. I like you Res but some of your takes seem like they’re coming from a place of you’ve been beaten down so many times and just won’t let that bone go.

resnor likes this.
  33. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Dude
    IT WASN'T MY TAKE. lol

I only jumped into that to say that arguing about a deep pass to someone arguing arm strength is pointless.

I wasn't trying to say anything specifically about Tua.

That is all bull**** narrative pushed by cbrad who continuously twists what I write into me taking shots at Tua.

34. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I don't care if he has a not as strong arm. It doesn't mean I think he sucks or should not be the QB. I like how the offense functions. I have concerns with what happens when we can't afford to pay Hill Waddle and Tua and whoever else on offense gets big money.

If weapons go away that's when arm strength could become an issue.

35. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Ok my bad.

The spots you pick to die on the hill aren’t optimal. It leads to some optics issues. We do have issues on this team. Let’s just try and articulate “better” my brother.

resnor likes this.
  36. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    lol.. hitman8 just got through admitting he made arguments about yards, accuracy and velocity, not just velocity when it came to arm strength and the deep ball. At least he can admit he said the things he said. You can't most of the time even when shown the evidence. Either way, your original claim was proven false. Can't admit it? That's expected as no one misrepresents more than you do.

You want to change the argument for the future fine, but don't act like that's what was argued in the past. This is all a continuation of the by now famous systematic goalpost moving. You're trying that again even when quotes literally show people made claims you deny.

37. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    OK, LOL....... you would be arguing before Marino played that a player could never do what he did based on previous stats. Thank God we have actual reality.

Sceeto, resnor and hitman8 like this.
  38. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Your mistake was saying anything that might be considered something negative by Tua. You are only allowed to say Tua is the greatest most perfect QB ever in the entire history of the NFL.

Sceeto, resnor and StaleTacos like this.
  39. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    No I wouldn't. I would just calculate the probability of that. And actual reality is what I pointed out: all these rule changes in the passing game have NOT change TD% no matter how much fantasy land you want to live in. So the expected change in Marino's stats is what I pointed out, not your fantasy stuff.

40. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Weird I said he didn't play great and wasn't attacked. Could it possibly, and I'm just throwing it out there as I could be wrong, peoples approach to this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.