1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treme

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by GARDENHEAD, Apr 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Any of y'all watch it? Curious as to what non-New Orleanians think.

2. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Me and the wife attempted to watch it, something seemed off though and we stopped about halfway through. I cant put my finger on what it was. Im sure I will give it another try on Demand after some of the other series I watch finish up their seasons.

3. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    I watched the whole thing and didn't like a second of it. I wasn't 100% sure why I even watched it. Maybe I'm an idiot though, I just didn't know what the point to any of it was.

4. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Amazing show is amazing.

I've watched episode one three times now. The Wire is my favorite ANYTHING (show or movie) ever to hit a screen besides sports, so of course David Simon, The Bunk, Lester Freeman, etc. would grab my attention for this. It's delivering thus far.

Season 2 begins production this fall, officially picked up by HBO after strong ratings on Ep1.

Hope they change focus like The Wire, and get some crime stuff in there!

5. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Keep watching it... this is how David Simon starts his seasons off.

I didn't like the first few episodes of The Wire on first view, but going back, they are awesome.

6. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    David Simon has stated that Treme is not going to be "The Wire with a better soundtrack". That said, there's no way he can do a show about New Orleans and NOT get some crime stuff in there.

7. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    So far, it is a great show with great acting and even better writing that doesn't seem to go anywhere.

And you know what? it is so good that I don;t care.

8. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    We agree!

I'm loving the show.

The whole thing is weird for me, cause I'm friends with the real Davis. I'm also friends Kermit and his band and a few other people. My only criticism is that I didn't need to see Bunk making all those weird sex faces. Gross!